sockmeister

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E4x
Occupation
SW Engineer
Country flag
I happened to check on my order status out of curiosity, and when I logged in, I noticed there'd been some updates recently to this page.
Can anyone explain why there is conflicting information between the top status tracker (which still says "Place Order" and doesn't have a checkmark), and the Order Status section below (which says "order accepted by dealer")?

I'm just wondering if my dealer didn't submit my order properly.

The page, for reference: https://www.ford.com/buy/mach-e/manage.html?reservationId=XXXXXXXX

Ford Mustang Mach-E Order status page - confusing updates orderstatus
Sponsored

JellyBelly

First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME RR FE
Country flag
Perhaps For is updating their web page? Did it show correctly anytime in the past

JellyBelly

First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME RR FE
Country flag
Just checked and it is showing correctly for me although the check boxes are missing in the circles but color codes are correct but the car images dont show now

OP
OP
sockmeister

sockmeister

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E4x
Occupation
SW Engineer
Country flag
Just checked and it is showing correctly for me although the check boxes are missing in the circles but color codes are correct but the car images dont show now
I think their website is undergoing some.... changes. Half of the tooltips are missing and some are incorrect, lol.

This is really embarrassing.... Especially coming from someone who works in software.

Can you send a screenshot of what yours looks like?

Kamuelaflyer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Premium Infinite Blue. ER AWD. 2020 Raptor
Country flag
Well, I think the Mach-e forum may be in the process of crashing the Ford website. Yea us!

As @sockmeister mention lots of things are not quite right atm. On mine the production date is now blank ?. Plus other missing things.

I’d not worry about it for awhile. Check in the morning, it’s likely going to be back to normal by then.

OP
OP
sockmeister

sockmeister

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E4x
Occupation
SW Engineer
Country flag
Well, I think the Mach-e forum may be in the process of crashing the Ford website. Yea us!

As @sockmeister mention lots of things are not quite right atm. On mine the production date is now blank ?. Plus other missing things.

I’d not worry about it for awhile. Check in the morning, it’s likely going to be back to normal by then.
Well, that's good to know that I'm not the only one seeing weird glitches there. Alright. Reserving confusion for tomorrow morning. :)

Edit: This tooltip is very informative! ?
Ford Mustang Mach-E Order status page - confusing updates 1606277437790

codeGR

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Ford Edge Titanium, (on order) 2021 Ford Mustang Mach-E Premium AWD Standard Range
Country flag
I think the website is correct. Since your vehicle is not scheduled for production, it's still in "Place order" status. You can still make changes to your order at this time. Once you get that third check mark, then your vehicle would move to "In Production".

JellyBelly

First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME RR FE
Country flag
I think their website is undergoing some.... changes. Half of the tooltips are missing and some are incorrect, lol.

This is really embarrassing.... Especially coming from someone who works in software.

Can you send a screenshot of what yours looks like?
Here is what I am seeing

Ford Mustang Mach-E Order status page - confusing updates Clipboard0199

macchiaz-o

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
🔑 ]not/A/gr8'Place.2.store-mEyePassword[ 👀
Vehicles
MY21 J1 Premium RWD SR
Country flag
I think the website is correct. Since your vehicle is not scheduled for production, it's still in "Place order" status. You can still make changes to your order at this time. Once you get that third check mark, then your vehicle would move to "In Production".
I think you are correct.

Mine is scheduled for production. This is how it looks right now via Microsoft Edge browser. (Yes, sadly, choice of browser matters with ford.com.)

Ford Mustang Mach-E Order status page - confusing updates 1606277892439

OP
OP
sockmeister

sockmeister

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E4x
Occupation
SW Engineer
Country flag
When I converted my reservation to an order two months ago, I was told by the dealership that nothing could be changed after they submitted it, which they did go ahead and do.

I'm mostly wondering why "place order" is still unchecked.

macchiaz-o

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
🔑 ]not/A/gr8'Place.2.store-mEyePassword[ 👀
Vehicles
MY21 J1 Premium RWD SR
Country flag
That’s actually disturbing then. Because I no longer have a build date scheduled on the website and I did this morning.
Doesn't show up in Firefox. Try Edge or maybe Chrome. Aside from some lack of margins/buffer, the site is working better for me now than ever before. Most of the little subsections on that page can actually be expanded! (That rarely works for me.)

When I converted my reservation to an order two months ago, I was told by the dealership that nothing could be changed after they submitted it, which they did go ahead and do.

I'm mostly wondering why "place order" is still unchecked.
The blue circle is apparently the step you've most recently completed. I agree, it's weird.

JellyBelly

First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME RR FE
Country flag
That’s actually disturbing then. Because I no longer have a build date scheduled on the website and I did this morning.
Lets just hope these are web site issues and get resolved

Kamuelaflyer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Premium Infinite Blue. ER AWD. 2020 Raptor
Country flag
Doesn't show up in Firefox. Try Edge or maybe Chrome. Aside from some lack of margins/buffer, the site is working better for me now than ever before. Most of the little subsections on that page can actually be expanded! (That rarely works for me.)
No build date showing in Chrome, Edge or Safari. All the additional information is missing as well (battery size etc). I’ll look again in the morning, likely a problem on Ford’s end.

OP
OP
sockmeister

sockmeister

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E4x
Occupation
SW Engineer
Country flag

The blue circle is apparently the step you've most recently completed. I agree, it's weird.
Confusing, but thanks for confirming that. It's reassuring to see that I'm not the only one.

For the record, I was viewing it on Chrome (I tried both the mobile version and desktop).
Sponsored