First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
🔑 ]not/A/gr8'Place.2.store-mEyePassword[ 👀
Vehicles
MY21 J1 Premium RWD SR
Country flag
I ran @Jimrpa and @Ixoye ’s VINs. Neither have received OTA update one. Both of them attempted to update on April 1 and it hung at “Update VIL Generation”. VIL stands for “Vehicle Interrogator Creation Supstep“. I have no idea what any of this means unfortunately as Ford hasn’t published this info in the WSM.
Oh my. :(

How do we explain Jim's BC and AT revisions?
Sponsored

breeves002

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E GT PE
Country flag
Oh my. :(

How do we explain Jim's BC and AT revisions?
My best guess Is the dealer OR pre-dealer ‘quality check’ updated all modules manually before he got the car. Since he picked up the car after the 1st OTA was released. That means that software would have been available to dealers. It also may be why this error happened.

JCHLi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E First Edition
Country flag
Ok, so looking at those, it seems the only thing that is of interest are the last two characters, which are BC and AT. They correspond to the bottom half of the screenshot @breeves002 provided. I believe that row was OTA 1? This is odd.
Here’s a thought: supposedly, Ford began pushing OTA 1 on March 18. I did not pick up my car from the dealer until March 31. Perhaps OTA 1 made it to my car before I received it? Before the car was “authorized” by me? Can Ford send updates to unauthorized cars?
Seems very likely that either it received an ota or it did not require the ota if the software version was already at that point.

Last edited:

Jimrpa

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Infinite Blue Premium Mustang Mach E ER AWD
Occupation
Retied (formerly tried to herd highly technical, independent cats)
Country flag
Sure. Why wouldn't they?

Happy to hear you've had the update that you thought you were missing out in for roughly 150 posts. ???
Oh come on! There were many more than 150!??? Actually, @breeves002 has been very kind to look at my update and there is something that looks slightly abnormal. I’ll try calling Ford Customer Service first, then go to my dealer if that does not work (remember, I want to try using the new “connected vehicle” paradigm of support).

Mirak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
"Sonic" 2021 MME Grabber Blue First Edition
Country flag
At delivery I set dark three weeks ago. Both screens were in sync. Did not notice individual settings. Got in last night and one was white and one was dark. Weird how something got them out of sync.
Yeah that’s a bug. Pretty rare for me and can’t recreate. I have to reset Sync when it happens.

JayDoc

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Honda Odyssey , BMW 320i
Occupation
Physician
Country flag
FordPass is showing that I got another update today. I got the first one on March 16th. Still just says refinements and bug fixes

92430A74-B3F1-44EF-B9C3-564B6DF101FC.jpeg

E8E13096-B81B-43B9-81AC-1420BC22002E.jpeg
I've not gotten any alerts as to any updates??! How can I check?

Jimrpa

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Infinite Blue Premium Mustang Mach E ER AWD
Occupation
Retied (formerly tried to herd highly technical, independent cats)
Country flag
I've not gotten any alerts as to any updates??! How can I check?
Follow the instructions given for me in post 72 and look for versions ending in AKB

benk016

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E GT
Country flag
Obviously I have no real data to back this up, but I received this update Saturday. Sunday I had my return trip from Texas, and used P&C. It worked the first time, every time. Other times it also worked every time but would fault out after 10-15 minutes every single time. Sunday all 3 times I charged for up to 40 minutes with no faults. I had 6 DCFC stops on this trip, and not one single charge fault. That's something completely new for me. Any DCFC session that lasted more than 15 minutes would fault out previously.

JCHLi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E First Edition
Country flag
Obviously I have no real data to back this up, but I received this update Saturday. Sunday I had my return trip from Texas, and used P&C. It worked the first time, every time. Other times it also worked every time but would fault out after 10-15 minutes every single time. Sunday all 3 times I charged for up to 40 minutes with no faults. I had 6 DCFC stops on this trip, and not one single charge fault. That's something completely new for me. Any DCFC session that lasted more than 15 minutes would fault out previously.
I do not use public charging frequently but I have noticed the last 3 times have worked with P&C. Difficult to say if it was due to squashing bugs in the MME, updates to charging stations or luck.

However, based on the locations of some of the config changes with the ota, it is at least possible that the updates improved communication between the vehicle and charging equipment (and other sources as well).

LagerHead

Banned
Banned
First Name
Marcus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2010 Ford F-150, 2018 Tesla Model 3 & 2 Ducati M/C
Occupation
Test Dummy
Country flag
OMG! It looks like Ford fixed Plug & Charge!

Bravo!

I bet they are fixing Phone as a Key right now.