nvabill

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150, '22 California Route 1
Country flag
Hey everyone. This is long but I really hope you take the time to read for awareness. I’ve been having issues for the past month and today is a bit of a nightmare so I figured I’d vent here.

I have two mach-e’s. A red first edition (Apollo) and a white premium 4x (Boo). We got Apollo in February and Boo in March.

Todays nightmare: we live in the greater Seattle area and my husband took Apollo to Stevens Pass which is like the middle of nowhere in the mountains where it’s currently snowing for photos with his car group. When he tried starting the car to come home, we got the “Please pullover safely” message. Car would not shift gears. Neither a jump start, disconnecting the 12v battery, or letting the car sit fixed the issue. This all happened around noon. After trying everything he used Ford 24/7 roadside assist to get help. We would need a flatbed to get the car to a dealer. Ford quoted 3 hours for a tow to arrive. They were also demanding $500 which turned into $700 because it’s so remote even though it would be brought to the closest dealer which would be where we bought it anyways. The car eventually loses all auxiliary power but a Tow truck finally arrives. However, ford apparently cancelled the tow because it took too long and the tow truck refuses to tow the car and leaves because we can’t get it figured out with ford within five minutes (tow guy was a jerk). Now ford is trying to find another tow but it could take hours. It’s now night, freezing, frozen, no power, no heat, and hours from civilization. Luckily his friends car is there. At the time of typing, this is all happening real time. This is incredibly frustrating and at this point, it’s becoming a safety concern given the conditions. It’s proven to me that even after 15k miles on the car, these Mach-es can’t be trusted and it’s incredibly frustrating. We put our faith into these cars as both Mach es are our only cars now.

The other nightmare that has been going on since November 9th. My mache (Boo) was having ratteling issues in the front wheel wells. I scheduled to have it repaired to my local dealer. I simultaneously scheduled additional repairs for two windows replacements because the rear quarter panel window and rear driver window were damaged during delivery in March and the replacement JUST ARRIVED IN NOVEMBER. So I figured I’d have those repaired all at the same time. Dealer also suggest having the recalls taken care of. Sure that makes sense. Well it took a week but the barrings and windows were replaced. My dealer contracts out windshield replacement out to a local body show so the windshield and call roof recall will be done there. I have secure alerts turned on so I can see when the cars being worked on. The car sits at the body shop for two weeks without being touched. Finally, I see they start working on it. My dealer calls me a few hours later and lets me know they shattered the windshield and need to order a new one. Jesus okay so that’s an extra week. Windshield arrives and the body shop won’t get to install it for another week. I ask if the roof was successfully reinstalled and they have no idea. This upcoming week will be 30 days and I’m seriously considering lemon lawing this car. Only problem is there aren’t many other electric suvs that interest me with this size.

So here we are. Purchased two maches and neither are functioning and one is currently on its way to a dealer if we can find a tow truck.

Side story: both our cars weren’t part of the original recall. Apollo had its windshield cracked so we went through our insurance and got it replaced at safelite. However when they took off the old windshield they realized it wasn’t originally installed correctly and refused to install a new one for a few days. The dealer refused to help because we didn’t go to them for a windshield replacement but we just wanted assistance getting it installed or something but they refused. I reached out to corporate and told them that the recall should be extended. They said they would get back to me the next day but never did. Two weeks later the recall was extended to more cars. Satellite found someone capable of installed and resealing the windshield.

Anyways I am getting really tired of the issues with these cars. We spend nearly 140k on these and it’s been problem after problem met with barely any help. I was so excited when I ordered these cars in 2019 and that excitement fades with every issues. I have been coming to this forum nearly every day since the cars announcement and have been such a big fan. It’s so crushing to be facing such disappointments.

Thanks for reading and I truly hope you have better experiences with your cars.

Sorry for any typos and weird sentences. Typed this in my phone :)

-Nick
Best thing to do is sell both of them once repaired, I'm sure you can get your money out of them both. Then buy something you think will be more reliable, no need keeping any vehicle you don't have confidence in.
Sponsored

nfoxtrot

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.foskettefotography.com
Vehicles
2021 Mach E First Edition
Occupation
Satellite Engineer
Country flag
Which all these MME issues I’m losing confidence in my order!! Premium 2022 due build Jan 3. Should I give it up?
To be fair I’ve heard they have fixed a ton of the issues in the 22 model year if not all of them

Th mustang

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 mustang
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
I have owned four Fusion Hybrids with zero issues over 11 years. Should have never stopped production. Best cars I ever had.

Mach1E

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach 1, Chevy SS-sold, GTPE delivered oct 2021
Country flag
With all these MME issues I’m losing confidence in my order!! Premium 2022 due build Jan 3. Should I give it up?
If this was a common occurrence, yes.

Luckily it isn’t.

Overall reliability seems quite good. Getting stranded is rare. And the story with Boo seems like a dealer issue, not an issue with reliability.

DevSecOps

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Audi SQ5 / '23 Rivian R1T / '23 M3P
Occupation
CISO
Country flag
Both cars are currently on the 1.7.1
First of all, like everyone else, issues suck and I've had my bout of being stranded albeit a different reason. I feel the pain and wish you the best.

Second @elbo and OP, 1.7.1 is nothing more than a Sync update. It doesn't update any other module in the car. It doesn't affect the power control modules, body control modules, PaaK, gear shift module or anything other than the head unit in the car. I have no less than 1 page of DM's specifically for people thinking 1.7.1 is magical in nature so consider this an attempt to prevent more DM's ;)

Third, the FMC account on this forum won't help you much, take it from someone who has interacted with them more than once. Your best bet is calling in and talking to someone who is in support or customer loyalty.

Last edited:

joes723

First Name
Joey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 GTPE IBSM "LITHEUM"
Country flag
Sorry to hear about all the MME issues!!! I currently have a GTPE on order with Ford of Kirkland. If you need help with some leverage at FOK send me a message and I can try and reach out to the GM or Sales Manager to get some more eyes on the issues. We have known them both for 10+ years.

OP
OP
Theamurican

Theamurican

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach-e Premium AWD X
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
Sorry to hear about all the MME issues!!! I currently have a GTPE on order with Ford of Kirkland. If you need help with some leverage at FOK send me a message and I can try and reach out to the GM or Sales Manager to get some more eyes on the issues. We have known them both for 10+ years.
I appreciate that! Unfortunitly we haven’t had the best experience with the sales manager. For example he tried to add an adm of 10k to Boo at signing after we already agreed on msrp when ordering it, he refused to approve the order for the two window replacements that were damaged at delivery even though it was agreed at signing it would be replaced. Had to have both our sales guy who was great and the service manager who was also great put pressure on him to order it, and he was the one refusing any assistance with the windshield install once we realized it was installed incorrectly. I mean I don’t want to sound entitled or anything but it’s just id expect to not be fought every step of the way with these semi luxury priced cars. So I’m not holding out much hope for FOK at the moment. I personally won’t be buying from them again. I do appreciate the gesture though!

Last edited:

joes723

First Name
Joey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 GTPE IBSM "LITHEUM"
Country flag
I appreciate that! Unfortunitly we haven’t had the best experience with the sales manager. For example he tried to add an adm of 10k to Boo at signing after we already agreed on msrp when ordering it, he refused to approve the order for the two window replacements that were damaged at delivery even though it was agreed at signing it would be replaced. Had to have both our sales guy who was great and the service manager who was also great put pressure on him to order it, and he was the one refusing any assistance with the windshield install once we realized it was installed correctly. I mean I don’t want to sound entitled or anything but it’s just id expect to not be fought every step of the way with these semi luxury priced cars. So I’m not holding out much hope for FOK at the moment. I personally won’t be buying from them again. I do appreciate the gesture though!
Sorry to hear that, we are like family with many of them and its hard to imagine going through that. Good luck and hope for a positive outcome!

Frank Katz

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2004 Prius 2016 Crosstrek
Occupation
Ret'd
Country flag
I have one Mach-E and the same problem with the "Stop Safely Now" message. Towed it to the dealership. They reprogrammed the car, charged up the 12v, and things seemed to be fine.

A week later, it happened again. It got towed back to the dealership and is sitting there now. After some investigation, the tech is now waiting on Ford Engineering. The service advisor says that it's possible the entire HVB pack will need to be replaced.

I'm thankful that my dealer has had good customer service so far and I'm in a rental car. But my wife and I are disappointed.

Before this, I had a 1st year Chevy Bolt and had no issues for four years. So maybe this car is too fancy and the computer systems more complex than Ford can handle right now.
This has been my experience. Stop Safely Now first appeared Sept 7. Our local dealer reprogrammed stuff and it worked. . . for awhile. Driving through Colorado on Oct 6 it happened again. Car has been sitting at the Colorado dealer since then. Last Friday, December 3rd, eight weeks later, they finally got a Ford Tech to look at it and identify that they need to replace two battery arrays. No estimate when that will be done. I like the car and would like it back. But it may be lemon law time.

nfoxtrot

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.foskettefotography.com
Vehicles
2021 Mach E First Edition
Occupation
Satellite Engineer
Country flag
This has been my experience. Stop Safely Now first appeared Sept 7. Our local dealer reprogrammed stuff and it worked. . . for awhile. Driving through Colorado on Oct 6 it happened again. Car has been sitting at the Colorado dealer since then. Last Friday, December 3rd, eight weeks later, they finally got a Ford Tech to look at it and identify that they need to replace two battery arrays. No estimate when that will be done. I like the car and would like it back. But it may be lemon law time.
Sounds like you should demand a GTPE lol

elbo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
mach e awd x
Country flag
God I hope that this isn't my case, can't afford to lose my car for 2+ months....I think I'll stop reading this forum for a bit, other's experience with this problem is totally bumming me out.

jeffdawgfan

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang MachE AWD ER, 2019 Ram 1500 Laramie
Occupation
Retired Navy / Veterans Administration
Country flag
I have said this before, but we love our premium 4xER. Have zero issues and firm opinion this the best new vehicle I have ever owned. As we have had no problems or wind noise, it will be a long time before I will let anyone touch the car to do the glass recalls. If it ain't broke, don't mess with it.
Sponsored