OutofSpec - BlueCruise 1.2 testing in progress

PhillyYa

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-e Premium Extended
Country flag
I wish that besides better lane centering and the new improvements with BlueCruise they also have some time to provide us with a simple way to set a charging limit in our cars through the new Charging UI... =/
So agree with this. I don’t know why Ford overcomplicates this. In my former Tesla, just a finger on the screen in the car or app to change the charge limit. Easy peasy. Why does Ford think this has to be location dependent and then bury it 2-3 steps into settings?
Sponsored

OP
OP
silverelan

silverelan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E GT
Country flag
looks like @OutofSpecKyle has been in FL all weekend.

Hopefully the BlueCruise 1.2 tests and EV6 GT vs MME GT vids we’re all clamoring for get churned out this week.

Rabidsquirrel22

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2016 Camaro SS, 2021 GTPE
Country flag
@OutofSpecKyle one more thing that I'd love to see tested if you still have time with the vehicle is the regen on a cold battery pack. A while ago, a user on here reported that he was seeing almost 100 kw of regen on a very cold pack and was concerned that Ford was allowing too much and risking lithium plating on the battery. I would be curious to see if that is true on the latest software.

Glad to hear Bluecruise 1.2 is making big improvements!

OP
OP
silverelan

silverelan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E GT
Country flag
Mach-E with 1.2 crushed the hogback. Huge improvements, scored right at the top (would have been first if it had a couple extra safety components) but was very natural. I’m officially a blue cruise fanboy lol

video soon
hey Kyle, road trip charging strategy question. What’s the optimal road trip approach with the MME?

Since MME’s timed-charging isn’t optimized for pulling in at a low SoC, what’s the best way to game Ford’s charging profile?

LM_COGT

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Vapor Blue Mach-E GT, 2019 CX-5, 2018 Leaf S
Occupation
EE
Country flag
@OutofSpecKyle wanted to give my answer to why a GT, and not a GTPE or AWD ER:

Orders for the Mach-E have been backed up bad, and I heard rumors that the GT trims were being prioritized in production/delivery - rumors, but not unreasonable ones. And given that I ordered in Sept. and took delivery in Dec. when compared to lots of folks on this forum still waiting for SR/ER orders perhaps some truth in the rumors.

Why this mattered was tax credits - deliveries in 2023 are subject to the income limit on the $7500 credit, which would disqualify me. So, given at the time speccing an AWD ER was only ~4500 cheaper than the GT, because I got the GT before Dec 31, it was overall cheaper. Also, I figure in the long run the GT badge will improve resale value.

As for the GTPE, I get you totally love those seats, I found them quite uncomfortable. That shoulder hotdog is probably really gripping and securing in the right place, but for me it ends up just digging in under my shoulder blades. The wheels, well it's subjective, but I like the daisy petals more. And the stock continentals were quite drivable in the snow we had along the Front Range this year, whereas the GTPE summer tires would have needed to be replaced before I could have driven it off the lot (literally, it was -2F the night I picked it up.)

I do wish I had the suspension though. Maybe I'll strike out on some aftermarket coilovers down the road, some of the threads here suggest there's some good options.

That said, enjoyed the first video, glad to see someone hitting the 5s limit. I do find I get a lot less bars if I push hard, but let off just before hitting the limit mark.

JohnFoxeSheets

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Website
johnfoxesheets.com
Vehicles
2022 Iced Blue Silver Mach E GT
Occupation
Retired Engineer
Country flag
@OutofSpecKyle wanted to give my answer to why a GT, and not a GTPE or AWD ER:

Orders for the Mach-E have been backed up bad, and I heard rumors that the GT trims were being prioritized in production/delivery - rumors, but not unreasonable ones. And given that I ordered in Sept. and took delivery in Dec. when compared to lots of folks on this forum still waiting for SR/ER orders perhaps some truth in the rumors.

Why this mattered was tax credits - deliveries in 2023 are subject to the income limit on the $7500 credit, which would disqualify me. So, given at the time speccing an AWD ER was only ~4500 cheaper than the GT, because I got the GT before Dec 31, it was overall cheaper. Also, I figure in the long run the GT badge will improve resale value.

As for the GTPE, I get you totally love those seats, I found them quite uncomfortable. That shoulder hotdog is probably really gripping and securing in the right place, but for me it ends up just digging in under my shoulder blades. The wheels, well it's subjective, but I like the daisy petals more. And the stock continentals were quite drivable in the snow we had along the Front Range this year, whereas the GTPE summer tires would have needed to be replaced before I could have driven it off the lot (literally, it was -2F the night I picked it up.)

I do wish I had the suspension though. Maybe I'll strike out on some aftermarket coilovers down the road, some of the threads here suggest there's some good options.

That said, enjoyed the first video, glad to see someone hitting the 5s limit. I do find I get a lot less bars if I push hard, but let off just before hitting the limit mark.
+1

Auto Motive

Banned
Banned
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 mustang mach e GT performance
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Hey Kyle, looking forward to seeing the Hogback challenge with BlueCruise 1.2!

I got questions on charging.
  • Does preconditioning actually work in your testing?
  • What % SoC does the time-based charging curve stop hitting max kW?
  • Is there a difference on 150kW or 350kW charger?
  • Knowing it's a time-based curve (20 minutes of the fastest charging), how should your road trip charging strategy change to maximize speed over distance?
Does the GT still bounce around too much for your taste?
My wife's GTPE has magnaride and handles like a sports car. Ride is excellent even over RR tracks.

MBCook

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach E AWD ER, Infinite Metallic Blue
Country flag
My wife's GTPE has magnaride and handles like a sports car. Ride is excellent even over RR tracks.
I’m happy with my Premium. A GT or GTPE might be fun, but I’m not sure it’s worth the premium for me.

BUT… I would pay a lot to be able to get magnaride. I absolutely want it.
Sponsored