Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1967 Mustang, 2013 Kia Optima, 2018 Kia Sportage
Occupation
Physician
Country flag
Would love to hear everything you’d like me to check out!
I won’t have much time with this car as my schedule is a bit wild but I promise I’ll grab another Mach-E soon to do all the deep evaluation stuff after the software updates the car has received!
Kyle, can you ask Ford if they plan on updating the '21's with the new Blue Cruise? If your feeling adventurous you can also hit them up with will the 21's get a Frunk Button eventually.

Thanks
Sponsored

SWO

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach E GT, 2021 Escape PHEV, 2019 F-150
Country flag
Kyle, it looks like you got a standard spec 2023 GT, all the new ones come with BlueCruise 1.2 now from the factory. So far not seeing any software that hasn’t been already released. Ford hasn’t released BlueCruise 1.2 for 2021 and 2022 model years yet and we’re all wondering if that will happen (they haven’t said). Hoping you can run it through the Hogback again.

I’m guessing you have the same version of DCFC preconditioning we have. Right now it’s very crude and uses a fixed 30 km / 18 mi geofence from the charger to activate (too short in my opinion, which only gives 15 minutes of heating at interstate speeds). Because it shares the heater with the cabin it’s also very slow to heat the battery unless you COMPLETELY turn off HVAC. You can watch the battery temps in Car Scanner if you test it. Battery inlet temp will tell you when the pack is heating since there’s no indicator for battery heating.

You might have to drive in circles around the charger (set in nav) with the HVAC off to get the battery fully up to 25°C for DCFC.

If you want to know how to do all types of preconditioning on the Mach-E see my topic: https://www.macheforum.com/site/threads/mach-lees-cold-weather-charging-strategies.24548/
Maybe other people have had different experiences, but I pulled 163kw 3 times on an interstate trip with temps in the 30's and a driving rain. I haven't found it lacking.

OP
OP
silverelan

silverelan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E GT
Country flag
Maybe other people have had different experiences, but I pulled 163kw 3 times on an interstate trip with temps in the 30's and a driving rain. I haven't found it lacking.
same. low thirty’s, snow and wind. No issues despite zero preconditioning.

Just like Tom Moloughney did in the Lightning I still get the same time-based profile at 40% as I do at 10%. @OutofSpecKyle does that fit your experience too?

Reactions: SWO

Mirak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
"Sonic" 2021 MME Grabber Blue First Edition
Country flag
One more question… when will BC1.2 be available for 2021s?

4sallypat

First Name
Pat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 MME delivered May '23 + '22 Lightning July '22
Occupation
Network Tech
Country flag
If Ford can deliver in an enclosed transport from Michigan, why can't Ford deliver my '23 MME that has been on order since April '22 ??

I am feeling forgotten...

7th ETA delay:

Ford Mustang Mach-E OutofSpec - BlueCruise 1.2 testing in progress Screen Shot 2023-03-01 at 7.07.58 AM

DadzBoyz

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Mustang Mach-E GTPE (ordered), 20 Mazda CX-5
Occupation
Software Systems Integrator
Country flag
@OutofSpecKyle,
First, great content.
Listened to you on TST last week. Well done.

On the Mach-E, would love your thoughts/opinion on:
- New UI in the Mach-E
- New Battery Pre-Conditioning when using Ford Nav to plan trips

ponEpwr

First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTPE, F-150
Country flag
Would like to see side by side acceleration between the ev6 gt and mach e gt but both cars less than 70% SOC. Maybe 40-50%.

azerik

First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Spacey Prem4x, '21 RX450H, 13 Focus EV
Occupation
DevSecOps, General PITA
Country flag
If Ford can deliver in an enclosed transport from Michigan, why can't Ford deliver my '23 MME that has been on order since April '22 ??
Wrong thread to complain in, again.

hybrid2bev

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Job 1 Premium4X - EAP Member
Country flag
@OutofSpecKyle

I'd be interested to see if BlueCruise 1.2 takes away the drift to the right upon activation of BlueCruise hands free. With BlueCruise 1.0 my car pulls to the right and "bounces" off of the right lane line when first activating hands free mode or after re-engaging hands free after a lane change. Sometimes even giving me the lane departure warning (like hey you did that BlueCruise not me!) After that first 'bounce' BlueCruise tracks down the center pretty well until it needs to re-engage again.

cryptk

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Mach-E GTPE, Blazer EV RS (reserved)
Country flag
@OutofSpecKyle

I'd be interested to see if BlueCruise 1.2 takes away the drift to the right upon activation of BlueCruise hands free. With BlueCruise 1.0 my car pulls to the right and "bounces" off of the right lane line when first activating hands free mode or after re-engaging hands free after a lane change. Sometimes even giving me the lane departure warning (like hey you did that BlueCruise not me!) After that first 'bounce' BlueCruise tracks down the center pretty well until it needs to re-engage again.
I know I'm not Kyle, but for what it's worth, I haven't seen my 2023 with BC1.2 hit the right side line. It does feel like it prefers to be about 6 inches or so further to the right than I would prefer, but I have never seen it hit the line, and it does a good job of shifting over in the lane when passing larger vehicles.

That said, as you can quickly tell from reading the forum, one persons experience with the software in these vehicles is not necessarily indicative of everyones experience with that software, and it would be nice to see what Kyle thinks of the BC1.2 update. If I recall, I think he was fairly "meh, it's alright" about the version on the older MME, which I have no experience with.

Neil4Real

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E GT Performance Edition - Shadow Black
Country flag
@OutofSpecKyle

An OTA is coming to address this.
From the man himself: https://www.macheforum.com/site/threads/bluecruise-strong-right-bias.24223/page-2#post-563630

MellowJohnny

First Name
Christian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium AWD
Occupation
Solution Architect
Country flag
Kyle has left the building…

Blue highway

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E Premium SR RWD
Country flag

I am feeling forgotten...

7th ETA delay:

Ford Mustang Mach-E OutofSpec - BlueCruise 1.2 testing in progress Screen Shot 2023-03-01 at 7.07.58 AM
Why can't they deliver it? Because the railroad has it... they might have it for months. They were faster in 1870 than now.