Jimrpa

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Infinite Blue Premium Mustang Mach E ER AWD
Occupation
Retied (formerly tried to herd highly technical, independent cats)
Country flag
Kyle, can you ask Ford if they plan on updating the '21's with the new Blue Cruise? If your feeling adventurous you can also hit them up with will the 21's get a Frunk Button eventually.

Thanks
Yes please!!! If you have any contacts at Ford who actually know something, information on a remote frunk release would be greatly appreciated. At this point, Iā€™ll settle for purchasing an accessory kit through Ford Parts Iā€™d thatā€™s what it takes.
Sponsored

Jimrpa

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Country flag
@OutofSpecKyle

I'd be interested to see if BlueCruise 1.2 takes away the drift to the right upon activation of BlueCruise hands free. With BlueCruise 1.0 my car pulls to the right and "bounces" off of the right lane line when first activating hands free mode or after re-engaging hands free after a lane change. Sometimes even giving me the lane departure warning (like hey you did that BlueCruise not me!) After that first 'bounce' BlueCruise tracks down the center pretty well until it needs to re-engage again.
Wow! Iā€™ve never seen that with my car. Iā€™d be really annoyed. Possible that a sensor is out of adjustment ? The camera or something isnā€™t aligned right?

hybrid2bev

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Job 1 Premium4X - EAP Member
Country flag
Wow! Iā€™ve never seen that with my car. Iā€™d be really annoyed. Possible that a sensor is out of adjustment ? The camera or something isnā€™t aligned right?
I think itā€™s a software issue. My wifeā€™s Explorer does the same thing when engaging ACC with lane centering.

Others on here have reported the same behavior with their vehicles too. So Iā€™m hoping 1.2 does in fact correct the issue.

Mach-Lee

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium AWD
Occupation
Sci/Eng
Country flag
Nope, many people have reported it including myself, it is an annoying characteristic of the software that will hopefully be fixed on our '21s and '22s.

kennelh

First Name
Louise and Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
J1 '21 Premium Ex RWD (Rapid Red)
Country flag
Not to pile on, but I'll confirm in my experience also.

danielcb

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach-E 2022 ER AWD
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
I wish that besides better lane centering and the new improvements with BlueCruise they also have some time to provide us with a simple way to set a charging limit in our cars through the new Charging UI... =/

Jimrpa

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Country flag
I think itā€™s a software issue. My wifeā€™s Explorer does the same thing when engaging ACC with lane centering.

Others on here have reported the same behavior with their vehicles too. So Iā€™m hoping 1.2 does in fact correct the issue.
Well, Iā€™m glad I donā€™t have the issue. I have friends with Escapes and Rangers that have ACC and they havenā€™t mentioned it either.
Do you have a remote frunk release? (Not asking for my normal reason - I have a very early build car. Iā€™m wondering if itā€™s a ā€œfeatureā€ ford introduced on later cars (Job 2+).)

ZuleMME

First Name
Zule
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21' Job1 P4X MME, 22' MYP
Occupation
Implementation Engineer
Country flag
Yep mine had done the same on bluecruise 1.0.

generaltso

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME Premium AWD SR Infinite Blue
Country flag
Yes please!!! If you have any contacts at Ford who actually know something, information on a remote frunk release would be greatly appreciated. At this point, Iā€™ll settle for purchasing an accessory kit through Ford Parts Iā€™d thatā€™s what it takes.
You donā€™t need to purchase parts. But you could offer your dealer whatever you were willing to spend on those parts to just update the software for you.

hybrid2bev

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Job 1 Premium4X - EAP Member
Country flag
Well, Iā€™m glad I donā€™t have the issue. I have friends with Escapes and Rangers that have ACC and they havenā€™t mentioned it either.
Do you have a remote frunk release? (Not asking for my normal reason - I have a very early build car. Iā€™m wondering if itā€™s a ā€œfeatureā€ ford introduced on later cars (Job 2+).)
No frunk release button. Mines a very early build too (Dec 2020).

jgcom

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E 4X premium, '21
Occupation
Physics prof.
Country flag
Inserting obligatory "When does my 21 get it?"
Regarding remarks that are obligatory, I'd prefer a remotely operated frunk than automatic lane-changing, to be honest. ;)

SWO

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach E GT, 2021 Escape PHEV, 2019 F-150
Country flag
I think I'm almost more interested to see if the range in that EV6 GT is as bad as it looks in that video.

Jimrpa

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Country flag
You donā€™t need to purchase parts. But you could offer your dealer whatever you were willing to spend on those parts to just update the software for you.
Yes, yes, there is a planned dealer visit in April for State Inspection, at which time Iā€™m going to angle for module updates. Even if all the modules are updated, my understanding is that doesnā€™t expose the frunk button in FordPass (note that I pretty consistently say ā€œremote frunk releaseā€ šŸ™‚) And no, Iā€™m not running out and buying another fob to carry. I do not carry any keys now, and I donā€™t want to start - I despise keys.

Jimrpa

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Country flag
No frunk release button. Mines a very early build too (Dec 2020).
Ok, thanks. Rules that theory out. I dunno then - I guess my friends and I got the ACC units that failed quality testing? šŸ˜‰ hopefully they fix it for everyone else!

azerik

First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Spacey Prem4x, '21 RX450H, 13 Focus EV
Occupation
DevSecOps, General PITA
Country flag
Regarding remarks that are obligatory, I'd prefer a remotely operated frunk than automatic lane-changing, to be honest. ;)
Wait! My 21 don't have that either! When do we... lol
Ford Mustang Mach-E OutofSpec - BlueCruise 1.2 testing in progress Screenshot 2023-03-04 at 10.44.35 AM

Ok, thanks. Rules that theory out. I dunno then - I guess my friends and I got the ACC units that failed quality testing? šŸ˜‰ hopefully they fix it for everyone else!
I think the Dec 20's were technically preemies. Not Premiums. They got it wrong on the order forms.
Sponsored