Pines Ford refusing to honor X-plan

BlueMach

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E First Edition
Country flag
I don’t think Ford can help. Pricing (and X-plan acceptance) is negotiated solely between the customer and the dealer. The dealer asked for $2k mark up at the time of order and that price was agreed to by the customer when the order was placed.

From the dealer perspective they’re only asking the customer to honor the negotiated and agreed to price.
On the one hand I agree, but on the other where was the option in the online ordering system to declare A/X/Z/D plan eligibility? There wasn't one. Therefore everyone who is A/X/Z/D Plan on Mach-E is transacting at a price different than that of the Ford.com ordering system. Even dealers that transact "at" MSRP but then accept A/X/Z/D plan are then deviating from the price shown when the order was placed.
Sponsored

Ponypower50

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 CMax, 2021 Rapid Red Mach-E FE
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
A dealer I spoke with has a FE coming into stock. They told me that their will be a markup. Let the games begin!

hybrid2bev

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Job 1 Premium4X - EAP Member
Country flag
On the one hand I agree, but on the other where was the option in the online ordering system to declare A/X/Z/D plan eligibility? There wasn't one. Therefore everyone who is A/X/Z/D Plan on Mach-E is transacting at a price different than that of the Ford.com ordering system. Even dealers that transact "at" MSRP but then accept A/X/Z/D plan are then deviating from the price shown when the order was placed.
That’s the negotiation part. Talk to your dealer and get in writing that they will accept plan pricing before ordering. Huge threads on here all about that.

OP
OP

Lizzyfitz

First Name
Lisa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach e - pending
Country flag
I live in your area...I switched my car to a dealer in Georgia who agreed to honor X-Plan. Crazy what Pines does to people.
They are a bottom dollar dealership. We went to them for the aviator (after my order had been placed). Same attitude, no budge on the price. We went with a broker who found a car in Doral.

OP
OP

Lizzyfitz

First Name
Lisa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach e - pending
Country flag
A dealer I spoke with has a FE coming into stock. They told me that their will be a markup. Let the games begin!
I know of another one that will be available after I walk away from this deal!!!!

OP
OP

Lizzyfitz

First Name
Lisa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach e - pending
Country flag
Exactly. There is no place to elect for the x-plan. And when you read the language for the final price, it states that it is exclusive of discounts and such. I believe this language would include the x-plan pricing.

Kamuelaflyer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Premium Infinite Blue. ER AWD. 2020 Raptor
Country flag
They didn’t order any for the dealership and the salesperson told me he’s had other offers.
No dealers in the United States ordered any Mach-e's for their inventory, they weren't allowed to. They were allowed to order a demo (FCTP) car only. Any other 'available" cars you see on websites are either cars ordered by customers or those where the customer has canceled the order or refused delivery.

Pines Ford is not an Xplan dealer. You're not going to get them to accept that price. Xplan is not a get out of jail free card. I literally just verified that with a 2-minute web search.

Most dealers in that area are not participants in x-plan. They definitely should be imo, it's one reason the dealership system is broken. But they're not participants at this time. This is a business decision on their part and yours. If the ADM they're asking is not what you want to pay, walk away and leave an appropriate review on Yelp, etc. If you still want a mach-e order another one through a far better dealer. Grabber Blue is available on the GT's. You'll have the hottest MME in the area. If not, good luck with your next car-buying experience. I sincerely hope it goes much better.

Two other things to keep in mind: You said the dealer staff called you a dishonest customer. That's not true, they should have explained the process to you and why you were mistaken instead of resorting to inflammatory rhetoric. Second, you said the dealer claimed that without the ADM they would lose money on a Mach-e sale. This is also untrue. While the profit for the car is very low due to the lack of holdbacks, there is a profit on each unit plus a few very minor dealer payments in other areas for each MME sold. The dealer was not required to join the mach-e program, they could have passed and avoided the other expenses required of EV Service Centers and EV Sales centers. They're hardly an example of a good dealer.

Good luck with your next vehicle.

OP
OP

Lizzyfitz

First Name
Lisa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach e - pending
Country flag
No dealers in the United States ordered any Mach-e's for their inventory, they weren't allowed to. They were allowed to order a demo (FCTP) car only. Any other 'available" cars you see on websites are either cars ordered by customers or those where the customer has canceled the order or refused delivery.

Pines Ford is not an Xplan dealer. You're not going to get them to accept that price. Xplan is not a get out of jail free card. I literally just verified that with a 2-minute web search.

Most dealers in that area are not participants in x-plan. They definitely should be imo, it's one reason the dealership system is broken. But they're not participants at this time. This is a business decision on their part and yours. If the ADM they're asking is not what you want to pay, walk away and leave an appropriate review on Yelp, etc. If you still want a mach-e order another one through a far better dealer. Grabber Blue is available on the GT's. You'll have the hottest MME in the area. If not, good luck with your next car-buying experience. I sincerely hope it goes much better.

Two other things to keep in mind: You said the dealer staff called you a dishonest customer. That's not true, they should have explained the process to you and why you were mistaken instead of resorting to inflammatory rhetoric. Second, you said the dealer claimed that without the ADM they would lose money on a Mach-e sale. This is also untrue. While the profit for the car is very low due to the lack of holdbacks, there is a profit on each unit plus a few very minor dealer payments in other areas for each MME sold. The dealer was not required to join the mach-e program, they could have passed and avoided the other expenses required of EV Service Centers and EV Sales centers. They're hardly an example of a good dealer.

Good luck with your next vehicle.
Thank you. Good explanation.

OP
OP

Lizzyfitz

First Name
Lisa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach e - pending
Country flag
Thank you. Good explanation.
Just one thing. They did accept the plan. They processed all of the paperwork and had my loan documents ready to sign. They called us in to come sign and then called back with various lies about the $1,000 deposit. That is when the manager came in with his speech. They retracted AFTER they processed the sale using the x-plan. And when I went in there in November(ish), I told the sales associate that I would be using the x_-plan and she said no problem, as long as it wasn’t restricted on the website (like the GT).

BlueMach

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E First Edition
Country flag
That’s the negotiation part. Talk to your dealer and get in writing that they will accept plan pricing before ordering. Huge threads on here all about that.
I agree - but that isn't stated on the Ford.com order site. There's no disclaimer about A/X/Z/D Plan "Please consult your dealer to ensure they will accept the plan price that is different than what you see here" etc. etc. on the site.

I ordered without consulting my dealer and fully expect my plan pricing to be honored. There was no indication on Ford.com that consulting your dealer was necessary to get plan pricing on Mach-E, customers shouldn't have to lurk on the forums to buy a car. We'll see what happens when my FE gets here.

The online process created this trap because of its design.

shutterbug

First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Grabber Blue FE
Country flag
Most dealers in that area are not participants in x-plan.
How do you know that?

If you still want a mach-e order another one through a far better dealer. Grabber Blue is available on the GT's. You'll have the hottest MME in the area.
That's a good suggestion. But before doing that email GM of each dealership, specifically asking whether they accept X-Plan on the car you want to order. Also ask if they are certified to service BEVs. S Florida is a big market with lots of dealers. There are 2 Autonation locations there, for example.

BadgerGreg

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Mach E Premium RWD SR and 2022 BMW i4 M50
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
And a membership in The Mustang Club of America for 60 days gets you X Plan as well.
Question on the MCA: I joined the MCA a few days ago, as my father-in-law (who was a Ford retiree) passed away a few weeks ago (damn you, COVID) and I won't have access to his Z-Plan anymore. My MME production date is the week of March 7, so I hope to take delivery in early April. My likely delivery date puts me close to the 60-day period you mentioned. The MCA website says that I can get the X-Plan pricing as long as I can present my membership card, which they say will be sent to me within three weeks of joining. Am I prevented from getting an X-Plan PIN until I've been a member for a full 60 days? I SHOULD be ok, as my delivery should be 60+ days from the date I joined the MCA. However, I'd hate to be a few days short when my car comes in...

OP
OP

Lizzyfitz

First Name
Lisa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach e - pending
Country flag
Question on the MCA: I joined the MCA a few days ago, as my father-in-law (who was a Ford retiree) passed away a few weeks ago (damn you, COVID) and I won't have access to his Z-Plan anymore. My MME production date is the week of March 7, so I hope to take delivery in early April. My likely delivery date puts me close to the 60-day period you mentioned. The MCA website says that I can get the X-Plan pricing as long as I can present my membership card, which they say will be sent to me within three weeks of joining. Am I prevented from getting an X-Plan PIN until I've been a member for a full 60 days? I SHOULD be ok, as my delivery should be 60+ days from the date I joined the MCA. However, I'd hate to be a few days short when my car comes in...
This thread may help:
https://www.macheforum.com/site/threads/x-plan-eligibility-question.981/

RyZt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E4X
Country flag
Definitely review the link. In short, you can get the PIN now, with or without membership. MCA's code (for Ford partner website) is MC405. But you have to present proof of membership at time of purchase, and you must have been a member of 60 days or more at that point.
Sponsored