Post here if you have an active FDRS account and are willing to look up info for others

WildBillTV

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Website
holeinonebox.com
Vehicles
2021 Mach E Premium AWD ER
Country flag
Is anyone able to check my vin? I just got my car back from the dealership and they said they did all available updates for blues cruise and the recalls but I don't know how to tell if it’s actually done. My software update screen looks exactly the same as before I took the car in.

3FMTK3SU4MMA03684
Sponsored

Mike G

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 Mach-E GT-PE, '22 F-150 Lightning
Country flag
Is anyone able to check my vin? I just got my car back from the dealership and they said they did all available updates for blues cruise and the recalls but I don't know how to tell if it’s actually done. My software update screen looks exactly the same as before I took the car in.

3FMTK3SU4MMA03684
4 Jan '21 build date, Job 1 car.

You may have heard the blues song, Born Under a Bad Sign by Albert King. There's a line in there that goes "If it wasn't for bad luck, I wouldn't have no luck at all..".

Your dealer tech did in fact do the 22S41 related module updates yesterday the 14th. As well as some other updates (see the session log below).
Ford Mustang Mach-E Post here if you have an active FDRS account and are willing to look up info for others 3FMTK3SU4MMA03684-15-Sep-22work

"But that's good news!" you say... No that's bad news...

Cause a complete set of newer updates came out literally while you were sleeping last night for all those same recall related modules.....(I'm going to go out and apply them shortly to my car).

Here's the list of updates showing as available this morning for your car:
Ford Mustang Mach-E Post here if you have an active FDRS account and are willing to look up info for others 3FMTK3SU4MMA03684-15-Sep-22

The other thing is...if you were thinking they were going to finish off your BlueCruise programming I don't think that happened. If it had you wouldn't still have that CCM, CMR, and IPMA showing in the list.

Mike

WildBillTV

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Website
holeinonebox.com
Vehicles
Country flag
4 Jan '21 build date, Job 1 car.

You may have heard the blues song, Born Under a Bad Sign by Albert King. There's a line in there that goes "If it wasn't for bad luck, I wouldn't have no luck at all..".

Your dealer tech did in fact do the 22S41 related module updates yesterday the 14th. As well as some other updates (see the session log below).
Ford Mustang Mach-E Post here if you have an active FDRS account and are willing to look up info for others 3FMTK3SU4MMA03684-15-Sep-22

"But that's good news!" you say... No that's bad news...

Cause a complete set of newer updates came out literally while you were sleeping last night for all those same recall related modules.....(I'm going to go out and apply them shortly to my car).

Here's the list of updates showing as available this morning for your car:

The other thing is...if you were thinking they were going to finish off your BlueCruise programming I don't think that happened. If it had you wouldn't still have that CCM, CMR, and IPMA showing in the list.

Mike

Well that sucks... I appreciate you checking for me. So they had my car for 3 days, did a few recalls but didn't even finish the blues cruise programming... Great. Is there anyway I can see if the blues cruise is actually activated on my car? I have 0 idea how to use it lol

Mike G

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Well that sucks... I appreciate you checking for me. So they had my car for 3 days, did a few recalls but didn't even finish the blues cruise programming... Great. Is there anyway I can see if the blues cruise is actually activated on my car? I have 0 idea how to use it lol
If you've got an interstate somewhere around you go try out the cruise control and make sure you have the lane-keeping turned on and in your Sync screen settings for cruise control you should have the option for Intelligent with Hands-Free...if you don't see that then you're not ready for hands-free yet. And the dealer should have finished that.

WildBillTV

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Website
holeinonebox.com
Vehicles
Country flag
If you've got an interstate somewhere around you go try out the cruise control and make sure you have the lane-keeping turned on and in your Sync screen settings for cruise control you should have the option for Intelligent with Hands-Free...if you don't see that then you're not ready for hands-free yet. And the dealer should have finished that.
Thank you! I will test that out tonight after work. I am assuming they didn't do it... the communication with this dealership was basically 0 and a freaking hassle all together.

I just need to find someone in Pittsburgh who has an active FDRS that can help me because these dealerships aren't doing quality work.

C Hill

First Name
Charlie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
18 Tesla M3, 22 MME Prem SR, 23 Rivian R1S
Occupation
IT
Country flag
Thanks. I'll be sure to ask about it.
Hey guys, I am new to this thread-- but want to do more than a TYVM to Mike--- is there a way we can tip Mike??? I would like to buy him a preferred beverage of his liking for all the help. Mike? How can we show you more appreciation??

Mike G

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Hey guys, I am new to this thread-- but want to do more than a TYVM to Mike--- is there a way we can tip Mike??? I would like to buy him a preferred beverage of his liking for all the help. Mike? How can we show you more appreciation??
TBH I get the most satisfaction from making folks more informed about what's going on with their cars, and what's actually going on during their service events. I really don't like it when service advisors and techs treat owners like mushrooms and think that nobody can check their work, and then throw the BS flag when it's called for.

I know there have probably been many stunned looks on service advisors faces when they are confronted with what actually happened, instead of the fairy tale the told the customer.

That is it's own reward.

carbonizedbrett

First Name
Brett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E Premium 4X, 2017 Outback, 2010 Jetta
Occupation
Scientist
Country flag
Re-posting a request for 3FMTK3SU0MMA27089 - I didn't see response yet.

Thank you!

I've gotten a bunch of OTA updates (2.8.1/2.8.2/2.8.3, "22S41 & 22S29", 22-PU0707-SCH-POPB) since I last asked and I was wondering how I'm doing overall. I still haven't gone to the dealer for 21P22.

22S41 went away in ETIS recently but it's still showing 21G01 (in addition to 21P22) even though I thought that 2.8.x (and 22-PU0707-SCH-POPB?) was supposed to cover that? I have working BlueCruise on my Job 1. <shrug>

3FMTK3SU0MMA27089

Thank you!

Mike G

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Re-posting a request for 3FMTK3SU0MMA27089 - I didn't see response yet.

Thank you!
Well as the saying goes...bad news doesn't get any better with age.

Here's your list from the 2nd of June:
Ford Mustang Mach-E Post here if you have an active FDRS account and are willing to look up info for others 3FMTK3SU0MMA27089-2-June-22

And here's your list as of now:
Ford Mustang Mach-E Post here if you have an active FDRS account and are willing to look up info for others 3FMTK3SU0MMA27089-15-Sep-22

CSP 21P22 cannot be accomplished with an OTA. It will never happen. And Ford's funding of the labor for the tech to do those updates runs out in November.

Mike

rhougey

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E Prem RWD, 1968 Mustang, 2014 Ram 1500
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Your help has been significant.
I can’t thank you enough.
Hey Mike,
This morning I read your reply to WildBillTV
The dealer has still not called to actually pick up the car, but now i am concerned that the updates they’ve done are already out of date. Can you check my VIN again?

3FMTK3R71MMA10284
Thank you.

Mike G

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Hey Mike,
This morning I read your reply to WildBillTV

The dealer has still not called to actually pitch up the car, but now i am concerned that the updates they’ve done are already out of date. Can you check my VIN again?

Thank you.
Understood and agree. Nobody has connected to your car since the 9th to do any programming.

That pesky door module is still hanging out there as well as this morning's refresh of all the same updates that were part of the HVJB recall. The dealer has probably already signed off on the recall so they will be under no obligation to redo those from an administrative, or labor funding, point of view.

Here's the list as of now:
Ford Mustang Mach-E Post here if you have an active FDRS account and are willing to look up info for others 3FMTK3R71MMA10284-15-Sep-22

Mike

rhougey

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E Prem RWD, 1968 Mustang, 2014 Ram 1500
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
That pesky door module is still hanging out there as well as this morning's refresh of all the same updates that were part of the HVJB recall. The dealer has probably already signed off on the recall so they will be under no obligation to redo those from an administrative, or labor funding, point of view.

Here's the list as of now:
Ford Mustang Mach-E Post here if you have an active FDRS account and are willing to look up info for others 3FMTK3R71MMA10284-15-Sep-22

Mike
They have had the car at a body shop this week to rectify a hood/fender panel alignment issue, so I haven’t had an opportunity to address the door module, HVAC, and GSM dtc issues with them or for them to work on the car. I guess I can try to make a stink about any of the new updates now available that were modules included in recalls and 21p22 and see what I can get out of them since I haven’t been asked to come get the car yet. I haven’t seriously considered getting FDRS for myself yet, but now I’m starting to think it will be inevitable. Thank you again.
Rich

carbonizedbrett

First Name
Brett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E Premium 4X, 2017 Outback, 2010 Jetta
Occupation
Scientist
Country flag
Well as the saying goes...bad news doesn't get any better with age.

Here's your list from the 2nd of June:
3FMTK3SU0MMA27089-2-June-22.png

And here's your list as of now:
3FMTK3SU0MMA27089-15-Sep-22.png

CSP 21P22 cannot be accomplished with an OTA. It will never happen. And Ford's funding of the labor for the tech to do those updates runs out in November.

Mike
Got, thank you! I didn't know about 21P22 expiring. :-/ I wanted it done back when I took the car in for the 10,000 mile service and when I tried to make an appointment, the first person I spoke to said I didn't need one, which sounded fishy, so I asked for them to confirm and the second person also insisted I did not need an appointment, just bring it in. Of course once I got there, they told me I needed an appointment for that and promply took a few hours to rotate the tires. Oof.

So it looks like 21P22 will get me most of the way there.

Stuff not included are:
  1. GSM
  2. WACM
  3. DSM
  4. GFM
  5. HVAC
I can honestly tell them that my wireless charging ain't great so that should cover WACM. I'll poke around the forums to get a sense of what those others might do for me.

Roger23

First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Mustang Mach-e, 2023 Ford Explorer
Country flag
VIN #: 3FMTK3SS1MMA27004

Hey Mike G or anyone else that is willing to help me. Any chance you could look up my VIN # for me and get some info? I just had my Mach-e at the dealership for the 2nd time to try an get it updated. My car has been stuck on the 1.7.1 failed update for some time now. The first time I brought it there, they were supposed to update all of the modules. They said that it was all updated and I picked up the car. Unfortunately that wasn't the case. I still couldn't turn on automatic OTA updates, no blue cruise, no tic tac toe, no notes, etc.

I dropped the car off this past weekend to do the updates again. This time I gave them the instructions from Ford (Technical Service Bulletin TSB 22-2117) that were shared on this forum, to help them fix the issue. With that being said, they called me yesterday saying that the updates did not take and now my VIN has been locked out of the system for 21 days (too many attempts). I have to bring it back again in 3 weeks. When I looked at the paperwork that they gave me, it only says that they performed the Blue Cruise update multiple times, the VIN is locked out since they made multiple attempts and they will reattempt the Blue Cruise update in 21 days.

My concern is that they only tried to do the Blue Cruise update and didn't attempt the TSB 22-2117 or update the other modules first, therefore leading to the failed Blue Cruise update. I may be wrong in my understanding, but being that my car has the failed 1.7.1 issue, don't certain modules have to be updated first or in a specific order before some of the other module updates will take?

I'd really love to know what they actually attempted to do, what updates (if any at all) were successful and which ones failed. The next time I drop it off to them, I want to give them specific instructions on which modules need to be updated first, the exact procedures on how to do it, etc. I've lost all faith in their ability to get my car updated. I'm going to keep researching as much as I can on how to get this issue resolved. If they fail a 3rd time I'm just going to go buy the Interface Cable, Power Supply and get a 3 day FDRS license and try to do it myself. I'd rather not spend $1,000, so hopefully they can get it right.

If you or anyone else on this forum could look up my VIN # to see what they actually did, it would be greatly appreciated. Maybe it's an APIM issue? I just want really want to make sure that the dealership attempted the updates in the correct manner first.

Thanks in advance for anyone that is willing to help me!

Last edited:

ahern149

First Name
Alberto
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustange Mach-E Select Awd
Country flag
Well then they clearly don't deal with many Mach-Es then.

You can show them this attached memo.
Went to a different dealership to get this serviceed and they said the dealer I bought from completed this in December of 2021. So not sure what to tell them.
Sponsored

Last edited: