Post here if you have an active FDRS account and are willing to look up info for others

Mike G

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 Mach-E GT-PE, '22 F-150 Lightning
Country flag
Apparently, I got another update today, from 3.5.4.2 to 4.2.1. It looks like this is another update to improve OTA updates. Since it looks like it skipped a few feature updates, does this mean that more will be coming through that were missed? My appointment with the dealer isn't until July 17th, so I'm hoping some more of the feature updates start coming through. Any insight you can offer would be greatly appreciated!
4.2.1 is a gateway (GWM) update that normally precedes the arrival of 4.2.2 which should be the Sync update.
Sponsored

mach-ebert

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E Premium FE
Occupation
Technology
Country flag
4.2.1 is a gateway (GWM) update that normally precedes the arrival of 4.2.2 which should be the Sync update.
With my car seemingly receiving updates now, do you think it will get the BC update via OTA?

Mickey the T

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Premium, SR, RWD, Infinite Blue
Country flag
Hoping someone can check VIN# 3FMTK3RM6MMA36496. The 4.2.6 update has been unsuccessfully updating for almost a month now, so wondering if I can shed any light on the issue.

LF699

First Name
Lawrence
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lexus CT 200h, Mach-E GTPE, Volvo C40
Country flag
Today on my 21 GTPE I received a suspension fault. Can someone please run my vin # to see if it has had the VDM update. It was off the next time I drove the car so I am wondering if I should take it in. Thanks for your help! 3FMTK4SX4MME03339

Last edited:

ahern149

First Name
Alberto
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustange Mach-E Select Awd
Country flag
Whenever anyone gets a chance, it’s been a while.
3FMTK1SS2MMA19966

Mike G

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
With my car seemingly receiving updates now, do you think it will get the BC update via OTA?
Actually you'd be better off to have the dealer do it. They now have a specific tool that they run in addition to just updating modules that is supposed to help the tech ensure success in getting BC to work. And again, they are getting paid to do this update. I know it's a PITA not having the car when you need it, but.

Mike G

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Hoping someone can check VIN# 3FMTK3RM6MMA36496. The 4.2.6 update has been unsuccessfully updating for almost a month now, so wondering if I can shed any light on the issue.
28 May '21 build date, Job 1 car.

Here's the list of available updates:
Ford Mustang Mach-E Post here if you have an active FDRS account and are willing to look up info for others 3FMTK3RM6MMA36496-30-Jun-23

I would call your dealers service advisor and ask them to pull up your VIN in PTS and have a look at the "OTA Dashboard" to see what it says the problem is and go from there. It's very likely a low 12V battery that's keeping the update from processing.

Mike G

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Today on my 21 GTPE I received a suspension fault. Can someone please run my vin # to see if it has had the VDM update. It was off the next time I drove the car so I am wondering if I should take it in. Thanks for your help! 3FMTK4SX4MME03339
8 Nov '21 build date, Job 2 car (GT PE)

You do indeed have a VDM update in your list:
Ford Mustang Mach-E Post here if you have an active FDRS account and are willing to look up info for others 3FMTK4SX4MME03339-30-Jun-23

Mickey the T

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Premium, SR, RWD, Infinite Blue
Country flag
28 May '21 build date, Job 1 car.

Here's the list of available updates:

I would call your dealers service advisor and ask them to pull up your VIN in PTS and have a look at the "OTA Dashboard" to see what it says the problem is and go from there. It's very likely a low 12V battery that's keeping the update from processing.
Thank you so much--both for the list of updates (more than I expected) and guidance for the service advisor!

slambertr

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E Premium
Country flag
Hello and (almost) Happy 4th. I received a "Service Vehicle Soon" message tonight - first time ever. It wouldn't charge - I unplugged and drove for a few minutes - is now charging but I'm still getting the SVS message. Could someone please check and see if its the dreaded HVBJB or something else?
VIN is 3FMTK3SU6MMA08465
Thank you!

ChrisRS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach-E GT
Country flag
Hello,
can someone please check again how my Mach-E looks with updates? There have been several over the air updates over the last week. As of this morning, the app shows a recall: campaign 23C13 (HCM update). If I have to go to the dealer for a recall update anyway, maybe he can do more pending updates.

Here is my VIN: WF0TK4SX6NMA20827

Thanks in advance!

Chris

Mike G

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Hello,
can someone please check again how my Mach-E looks with updates? There have been several over the air updates over the last week. As of this morning, the app shows a recall: campaign 23C13 (HCM update). If I have to go to the dealer for a recall update anyway, maybe he can do more pending updates.

Here is my VIN: WF0TK4SX6NMA20827

Thanks in advance!

Chris
10 May '22 build date, (GT PE)

Here's the list of available updates (includes and HCM update):
Ford Mustang Mach-E Post here if you have an active FDRS account and are willing to look up info for others WF0TK4SX6NMA20827-1-Jul-23

Mike G

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Hello and (almost) Happy 4th. I received a "Service Vehicle Soon" message tonight - first time ever. It wouldn't charge - I unplugged and drove for a few minutes - is now charging but I'm still getting the SVS message. Could someone please check and see if its the dreaded HVBJB or something else?
VIN is 3FMTK3SU6MMA08465
Thank you!
DM sent.

jmgreen

First Name
Joerg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E 2022 RWD-ER
Country flag
Dear Mike, dear all,

maybe you can do me the favor and check my VIN WF0TK1E78NMA09192 for possible updates as well my OTA log?

Background is that since the beginning (one year ago) I was stuck with an old APIM version 21297, suffering from what here in Germany is call the “DAB banner” message (a window appearing ~each minute showing the DAB channel in use), as well as not being able to use the “start backup password” (sorry, I don’t know the correct English term for this, but the password you need to key in in case you don’t have neither your key nor your PAAK with you). Both bugs seem to be related to this old APIM version, at least this is what I read in the net.

End of May I had my car at my dealer, where they updated everything that was available for me, expect for the APIM as here no download was shown on the Ford server. For me a big disappointment.

However, on 29.06. I suddenly received an OTA update for PU 23-PU2001-PR-FX. Knowing that in Germany we only get an OTA update once/twice per year, this was awesome.
And it seems that I also received an upgrade from 21297 rev. 253 to 4.0.23095 rev.816. However, the DAB banner still is annoying as before, and also the start backup password is still not functional. I tried a master reset twice, removed and re-installed my phone keys several times, but all w/o success.
So I wonder whether this APIM update really took place, or may have exit with an error code?

Therefore, if you could find something within my update list, or within the FDRS logs, this really would be very helpful!!

Many thanks in advance!!
Sponsored

Last edited: