Post here if you have an active FDRS account and are willing to look up info for others

Mike G

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 Mach-E GT-PE, '22 F-150 Lightning
Country flag
So I spent the weekend doing updates on both cars. The Lightning went swimmingly. I had some issues with the MachE. When doing the IPMA, the first time it failed when I had a laptop issue. After running it a second time, it failed to program at the end, and so did the forced PSCM update. I think this is because my 2 day license expired mid-update.

So, how do i fix this? The car seems to operate fine, with no warnings. I'll be away from it until the weekend. is there anything showing in the logs that might give me a clue? Do I need to do a reset?
What's been happening with IPMA updates recently is they flash the module packages fine, but fail to do the config step at the end (runs forever and has to be stopped). So re-running the update attempt usually results in the process going very quickly once FDRS confirms you already have the correct software package revisions, and it jumps directly to the config step.

You still have the IPMA and PSCM coordinated updates in your list. You'll have to run them again.

The good news is that's it's also now safe to run the new powertrain updates that were released last Saturday.
Sponsored

Last edited:

redditn00b92

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E CR1
Country flag
You've got the bluecruise 1.4 updates pending, as well as HVAC, RFA, ACM and IPC.

1714695679479-sh.png

I would start with IPC, then the others.

In terms of the 6.14 update, you are also blocked by a pre-requisite GWM update (you are on PAJ but need PAL). This will not show up in FDRS for you, but like the others above, if you send me your VIN I can see about getting that GWM update for you to install manually. Once installed you will be offered the APIM 6.14 update in FDRS.
This is great info! Thanks for that. Question about the GWM update, though. Is this an update that will eventually be pushed via OTA and Ford just hasn't moved on it yet? My biggest concern is being behind on OTAs, not necessarily updating anything with FDRS at the moment.

avdonr

First Name
Avdon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E GT PE
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
This is great info! Thanks for that. Question about the GWM update, though. Is this an update that will eventually be pushed via OTA and Ford just hasn't moved on it yet? My biggest concern is being behind on OTAs, not necessarily updating anything with FDRS at the moment.
It should go out OTA eventually, but the core issue is that itā€™s not showing in FDRS (which is typically a pre-req for OTA). There may be a dependency issue for the GWM that Ford hasnā€™t fixed yet, but thereā€™s no way to know for sure.

All I/we have been able to deduce is that the 6.14 APIM update is dependant on this new GWM version.

Csaborio

First Name
Carlos
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Mustang March-e GT 2023
Occupation
PM
Can someone quickly take a look and see if I have anything fun pending for my car? Please :angel:
I haven't received any updates lately.

3FMTK4SX8PMA38555

MacUser14

First Name
Gagan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Mustang Mach-e
I have a 22 Ford Mustang Select with T/C package. My last update was in November 2023. I called Ford and they performed some troubleshooting. The guy said if it doesnā€™t update in 2-3 weeks, take it to the dealer. Nothing happened for a month, so I took it to the dealership and they have it for a week now. They just called me to tell they canā€™t find anything wrong with the vehicle and itā€™s up to date which is not true. I know there have been numerous updates after Nov. Can you check my VIN and see if thereā€™s any issues?
3FMTK1RM0NMA59729

titan2220

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach E AWD SR
Country flag
So I spent the weekend doing updates on both cars. The Lightning went swimmingly. I had some issues with the MachE. When doing the IPMA, the first time it failed when I had a laptop issue. After running it a second time, it failed to program at the end, and so did the forced PSCM update. I think this is because my 2 day license expired mid-update.

So, how do i fix this? The car seems to operate fine, with no warnings. I'll be away from it until the weekend. is there anything showing in the logs that might give me a clue? Do I need to do a reset?
Much appreciated.
I set up a ticket with the BEV/technology team. No earth shattering recommendations aside from the usual preconditions. Waiting 2 weeks to see if a pushed update will drop.

rugedraw

First Name
Javier
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Platinum EcoBoost
Occupation
Auto Sales
Country flag
Can someone quickly take a look and see if I have anything fun pending for my car? Please :angel:

3FMTK4SX8PMA38555
Your car has a config issue within the TCU. Modem appears as not authorized, you have a tone of failed OTA attempts and the country code in your TCU is wrong. Do you have FORScan?

I have a 22 Ford Mustang Select with T/C package. My last update was in November 2023. I called Ford and they performed some troubleshooting. The guy said if it doesnā€™t update in 2-3 weeks, take it to the dealer. Nothing happened for a month, so I took it to the dealership and they have it for a week now. They just called me to tell they canā€™t find anything wrong with the vehicle and itā€™s up to date which is not true. I know there have been numerous updates after Nov. Can you check my VIN and see if thereā€™s any issues?
3FMTK1RM0NMA59729
Your car received an OTA last November that got it up to the latest Sync version. OTA history is blank after that. Modules with pending updates are below.

Ford Mustang Mach-E Post here if you have an active FDRS account and are willing to look up info for others 1715019699163-z

MacUser14

First Name
Gagan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Mustang Mach-e
Your car received an OTA last November that got it up to the latest Sync version. OTA history is blank after that. Modules with pending updates are below.

Ford Mustang Mach-E Post here if you have an active FDRS account and are willing to look up info for others 1715019699163-z

[/QUOTE]

Thank you for looking up. What can the dealer do to update it? I can call and let them know.

Mike G

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag

3FMTK4SX8PMA38555
Your TCU is showing as Not Authorized.

Translated, that means your car isn't talking to the cloud at all.

This usually happens when the car is bought second-hand and the previous owner's settings were left in Sync by the dealership. And they sold it that way.

The fastest way around this is to go into the Sync menus and scroll down to the bottom where it says Master Reset, and do that. It will wipe out all your settings and you'll have to set the car up again as if you just bought it, but at least all the previous owner's settings will be removed and you'll be starting from new.

rugedraw

First Name
Javier
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Auto Sales
Country flag
Your TCU is showing as Not Authorized.

Translated, that means your car isn't talking to the cloud at all.

This usually happens when the car is bought second-hand and the previous owner's settings were left in Sync by the dealership. And they sold it that way.

The fastest way around this is to go into the Sync menus and scroll down to the bottom where it says Master Reset, and do that. It will wipe out all your settings and you'll have to set the car up again as if you just bought it, but at least all the previous owner's settings will be removed and you'll be starting from new.
I don't think a master reset is the solution here. He has the TCU config issue that OTA 23-PU1113-UNX-DC was designed to fix. It was sent to him twice, but it seems like he does not have his car connected to wifi, so it timed out and failed both times. Assuming he is in the US, the country code in the TCU is wrong.

Ford Mustang Mach-E Post here if you have an active FDRS account and are willing to look up info for others 1715024600540-0r

Csaborio

First Name
Carlos
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
PM
I don't think a master reset is the solution here. He has the TCU config issue that OTA 23-PU1113-UNX-DC was designed to fix. It was sent to him twice, but it seems like he does not have his car connected to wifi, so it timed out and failed both times. Assuming he is in the US, the country code in the TCU is wrong.

1715024600540-0r.png

Thank you all for checking this up.
So I got the MME second hand from the dealership (Ford Hodges) and I imported the car to Costa Rica, I have performed several steps already like reset the Sync (Fordpass connect within the car) along with a factory reset from the settings menu too.
I do have the car connected to the Wi-Fi and I see it is showing up on my network however nothing is popping up when I look for new updates, I have the automatic updates set to run any day at 1AM.
I think the modem not authorized has something to do with the inability to activate the car in the fordpass app.
I do can get an ODB 2 to have the fordscan run.
I really realle appreciate any help on this

rugedraw

First Name
Javier
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Auto Sales
Country flag
Thank you all for checking this up.
So I got the MME second hand from the dealership (Ford Hodges) and I imported the car to Costa Rica, I have performed several steps already like reset the Sync (Fordpass connect within the car) along with a factory reset from the settings menu too.
I do have the car connected to the Wi-Fi and I see it is showing up on my network however nothing is popping up when I look for new updates, I have the automatic updates set to run any day at 1AM.
I think the modem not authorized has something to do with the inability to activate the car in the fordpass app.
I do can get an ODB 2 to have the fordscan run.
I really realle appreciate any help on this
Ah ok. Not sure if changing the country code to the US will fix your issue if the car isn't in the US. FDRS may be your only way to get updates. What I've noticed with vehicles in other countries is that FDRS will not show updates for the APIM, GWM or TCU (possibly IPC as well), so you'll be able to update most modules, but not those. Remind me in a couple of hours to check what FDRS shows.

And yes, for sure the fordpass not working is for this reason. Do Ford vehicles in Costa Rica have fordpass? If so, all I need is the VIN of any other connected vehicle in Costa Rica and I'll pull the AB data from it to see what the country code for that country is. Your car doesn't have a US country code on it right now.

Mike G

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Ah ok. Not sure if changing the country code to the US will fix your issue if the car isn't in the US. FDRS may be your only way to get updates. What I've noticed with vehicles in other countries is that FDRS will not show updates for the APIM, GWM or TCU (possibly IPC as well), so you'll be able to update most modules, but not those. Remind me in a couple of hours to check what FDRS shows.

And yes, for sure the fordpass not working is for this reason. Do Ford vehicles in Costa Rica have fordpass? If so, all I need is the VIN of any other connected vehicle in Costa Rica and I'll pull the AB data from it to see what the country code for that country is. Your car doesn't have a US country code on it right now.
@Csaborio
We have another member who took their car to the Seychelles.

And we had an F-150 member in the military who took their truck to Germany when they PCSā€™d.

In both cases the TCU needed to be reprovisioned for the country they are now in.

What needs to happen is a Ford tech with FDRS needs to ā€˜provisionā€™ your TCU for the compatible cell network there in Costa Rico that Ford is contracted with.

Csaborio

First Name
Carlos
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
PM
@Csaborio
We have another member who took their car to the Seychelles.

And we had an F-150 member in the military who took their truck to Germany when they PCSā€™d.

In both cases the TCU needed to be reprovisioned for the country they are now in.

What needs to happen is a Ford tech with FDRS needs to ā€˜provisionā€™ your TCU for the compatible cell network there in Costa Rico that Ford is contracted with.
When you say a Ford tech with FDRS needs to provision your TCU? Are we talking about getting a new TCU HW module from local Ford in CR or to reprogram the one I have?

Also, do you think that the problem with the TCU will prevent the car to downloading SW updates via wifi?

Peyole

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Dark Matter Gray Mach-E
Country flag
It will take longer to setup the powersupply and laptop than it will to do these updates. It took me 10 minutes to do all three.
3FMTK3R71NMA30391-5-May-24.png
I had sent an e-mail to the dealership about the 1PD failure to make an appointment yesterday and the response I received this morning was, ā€œFord is still working on a fix and the tech confirmed that as well so until we get additional direction from Ford.ā€ I think he forgot to say we will wait at the end of his sentence, so perhaps there is more to come. I will check with the service writer again in a week and give an update.