Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Mach e Premium
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Just got this today, 2021, job 2, EA

PXL_20230120_201053655.jpg
I would not connect to any random free wifi. They are not secure. The last thing you want is getting your MME hacked or the ford car network.

bigredx86

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Ford Mach-E Premium STD AWD
Country flag
I suggest just being patient, lots of folks on here have waited a couple years for all these updates up to 4.1.2. I'm sure you won't have to wait that long to get the camera button.
Lol, not really a ton to do but wait and I am well aware of the changes to the ui and happy I wanted 3MY before ordering, thereā€™s a reason for that.

I guess I was just more or less curious when 22MY started seeing OTA. Guessing it takes a bit as the rest of the fleet catches up. Just wish Ford would adopt a more upfront OTA model. Be easier on fokes that have never gotten a OTA, they would at least know if they should go in for service or something.

Roger tobin

First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach E Premium RWD Extended Battery
Country flag
I got this two days ago, and I admit to being a little unclear on what it buys me. I get OTA power-ups at home and on the road . . . . ( I am part of EA)

Mathington

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E Premium SR AWD
Country flag
Hey guys, Power-Up 3.6.2 also made some enhancements to help while youā€™re out on a road trip. If youā€™re heading toward a DC fast charging station (using your vehicleā€™s navigation), your battery will now start to warm up within 20 miles of your destination. This allows the battery to accept a charge at a faster rate in cold weather when you have excess heater capacity, getting you back on the road. Remember, you must enter your fast charging station into the Navigation System in order for preheating to work.

Ford Power-Up software updates like this help us make improvements without the inconvenience of asking you to leave home. At Ford we value your satisfaction, and we respect your time.
This is such a MASSIVE and highly request feature, why wasnā€™t it mentioned it in the release notes? Most users would have no idea and may not use the built in navigation otherwise.

Logal727

First Name
C
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
ā€˜21 Carbonized Gray Mustang Mach-E Premium AWD Ext
Country flag
This is such a MASSIVE and highly request feature, why wasnā€™t it mentioned it in the release notes? Most users would have no idea and may not use the built in navigation otherwise.
TBH I don't think normal folks would understand this and they probably already use the in-vehicle nav already. I do think it was a good idea to drop this on the forum first where more people would care about it.

Jimrpa

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Infinite Blue Premium Mustang Mach E ER AWD
Occupation
Retied (formerly tried to herd highly technical, independent cats)
Country flag
Wonder when the 23 MY will get this update as we donā€™t have the consistent 360 camera button yet that fokes get with the volume knob update. We have the volume knob and new UI but it seems itā€™s an earlier version then what people are getting over the air.
Some of us are STILL waiting for a frunk release! Iā€™ll trade you a stupid camera button (which is accessible 1-2 menus down anyway) for a frunk release any day of the week! šŸ˜€

Mathington

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E Premium SR AWD
Country flag
TBH I don't think normal folks would understand this and they probably already use the in-vehicle nav already. I do think it was a good idea to drop this on the forum first where more people would care about it.
I agree! Perhaps @Ford Motor Company could create a post for every update they push out with more detailed and ā€œnerdyā€ information for the Mach-E enthusiasts that may not be relevant for every day drivers. It helps build the community and build excitement about the car and future updates.

kennelh

First Name
Louise and Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
J1 '21 Premium Ex RWD (Rapid Red)
Country flag
This. And why didn't @Ford Motor Company post on the other thread about DCFC and preconditioning also?

Blue highway

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E Premium SR RWD
Country flag
You might be right. My wife doesn't know about pre-conditioning but she is sure that she doesn't want to know about it.

Logal727

First Name
C
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
ā€˜21 Carbonized Gray Mustang Mach-E Premium AWD Ext
Country flag
You might be right. My wife doesn't know about pre-conditioning but she is sure that she doesn't want to know about it.
I think we gotta get used to that being most people. I love this forum and I'll admit myself and everyone else on here is not normal šŸ˜‚

bigredx86

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Ford Mach-E Premium STD AWD
Country flag
Some of us are STILL waiting for a frunk release! Iā€™ll trade you a stupid camera button (which is accessible 1-2 menus down anyway) for a frunk release any day of the week! šŸ˜€
First MY = public beta tester

Reasons why I waited so long before ordering, glad we never had to deal with the older UI.

Don't get me wrong, 21MY foke are the real MVPs, lol.

Stang68

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Grabber Blue Mustang Mach E GT Performance
Country flag
Someone like @OutofSpecKyle would be able to really test if the Mustang does, in fact, now have on-route preconditioning. He just tested it on the ID.4 and had a special app telling him battery temperature.

kltye

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
IB MME Premium RWD
Country flag
  • Will the 20 mile limit be increased? At highway speeds, 20 miles of heating isn't nearly enough to make much of a difference, which kinda defeats the purpose.
I don't think 20 miles is that bad. If you drive at 120mph(!) from the start of preconditioning all the way to the station, that's a solid 10 minutes of heating. Unless you're starting from single-digit weather (where driving @ 120mph would be ill-advised), that's a good amount of time to warm up the pack by 10-15 degrees. Realistically, it'd be about 15-20 minutes between the start of preconditioning until you're plugged in, so that's even better. It won't get the pack up to 80+ degrees, but then it's a balance between faster charge acceptance and burning through more energy that you'd have to put back into the pack anyway.
Sponsored