Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Grabber Blue FE MME
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
I have the same issue - it almost never records the last segment.

Also - sometimes the journey starts recording a few miles into the segment even when connected to CarPlay.
Sponsored

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GB E4X FE, Leaf, Tacoma, F-150 Lightning ordered
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag
My Journeys is working fine for me now -- even a drive of a few blocks! It was updated in the recent PowerUps. If My Journeys isn't working for you, make sure your car is on 1.6.

Last edited:

Jim D

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E - GT
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
Ford Pass has been very randomly saving "journeys". For some reason they are never more than a couple miles even if my actual trip was 50+ miles. Any idea what the issue is?
Screenshot_20210623-100012_FordPass.jpg
It worked for a couple of weeks for me, but like all things Fordpass I have given up on it. I'm not sure time wise if it was before I reinstalled Fordpass with the assistance of the Ford 800 number or after, but I suspect I only enabled it after the reinstall.

MTNestr

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Grabber Blue FE MME
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
My Journeys is working fine for me now -- even a drive of a few blocks! It was updated in the recent PowerUps. If My Journeys isn't working for you, make sure your car is on 1.16.
Just checked. I have 1.6 and it says it’s up-to-date. Then why am I at 1.6 and you’re at 1.16?

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GB E4X FE, Leaf, Tacoma, F-150 Lightning ordered
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag
Just checked. I have 1.6 and it says it’s up-to-date. Then why am I at 1.6 and you’re at 1.16?
Because I made a typo. I meant 1.6.

RickMachE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium 4X, 2022 Lightning Lariat
Country flag
It's pretty useless. Last week, it shows me driving from Waterloo, NY to Ripley, NY. It shows a path that is pretty accurate. It then also shows me traveling from Waterloo to Erie, PA, in a straight line, at the same time.

I drove from Waterloo to Erie, not Ripley. And I stayed on the highway...

For the first trip, it gives me 28 insights... 28.

MTNestr

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Grabber Blue FE MME
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Mine went from bad to worse. On a 20 mile trip it recorded only about 1/4 mile of it thru my neighbors yards. It was not a straight line but a jig jag path.

Journeys were very accurate back when they recorded everywhere I took my iPhone. I wish they would return to those good old days.

methorian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E First Edition, Mini Cooper SE
Occupation
IT Admin
Country flag
Journey's usually works okay for me. I use Wireless Carplay all the time, without issue as well.

I have noticed that Journey's usually messes up on my commute when I go past the 2 locations that cause interference with Wireless Carplay (there's two spots on my commute that cause Carplay to hiccup/stutter both audio and video/gps on the screen, I think there's some sort of wireless interference in those two spots).

I still don't really see much benefit in Journeys though. If it'd give consumption info or something it'd be much more useful in my opinion.

RickMachE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
GoogleMaps timeline is pretty accurate.

Shayne

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME4x Prem
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
I discovered that when I get into the car I have to manually turn the Ford Pass App on in the center screen and it takes it a while to even come up on that screen. When I manually turn it on, I get recorded journeys. If I do not manually turn it on I don't get journeys. I think this is the part where CarPlay interferes with it. Seems pretty dumb to me.
1.6 here and who knows that may work? Never tried that. Maybe something to do with your location also? I am more concerned with carplay and my tunes booting up I guess.

I have never got a journey and like charging logs that just started to work lately I do not really care so have not fought to make it work. Paak, soc and charging status is all I really use. The basics and all are starting to work a bit better. You could throw the rest of them out (or hide them in pull downs) and I may not notice. I journey with a better app when carplay is around and can set charging schedules in the car. Can you add a dealer to your contacts? I can write it down on a whiteboard maybe some day and save it. Groceries 90 Km ............. saving ;). Keeping it simple?.

MTNestr

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Grabber Blue FE MME
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
GoogleMaps timeline is pretty accurate.
You’re right about GoogleMaps but Journeys shows the route you took.. GoogleMaps draws straight lines between waypoints and doesn’t follow the road.

RickMachE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
You’re right about GoogleMaps but Journeys shows the route you took.. GoogleMaps draws straight lines between waypoints and doesn’t follow the road.
Not my experience. First map is my drive from the Waterloo, NY EA to the Erie, PA EA from GoogleMaps. Third is Journey's "dotted line" mapping. Fourth is Journey's other mapping. As a result of these duplicates, Journeys says I drove 2,561 miles last week instead of just under 2,000 (2nd photo)

Ford Mustang Mach-E Problems with "My Journeys"? GoogleMaps Waterloo, NY EA to Erie, PA EA.PNG
Ford Mustang Mach-E Problems with "My Journeys"? Screenshot_20211009-135723
Ford Mustang Mach-E Problems with "My Journeys"? Screenshot_20211009-135738
Ford Mustang Mach-E Problems with "My Journeys"? Screenshot_20211009-135803

Last edited:

MTNestr

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Grabber Blue FE MME
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Not my experience. First map is my drive from the Waterloo, NY EA to the Erie, PA EA from GoogleMaps. Third is Journey's "dotted line" mapping. Fourth is Journey's other mapping. As a result of these duplicates, Journeys says I drove 2,561 miles last week instead of just under 2,000 (2nd photo)

My GoogleMaps Timeline looks good like yours until you blow it up and then you see what I’m talking about. In the attached I was driving on I-75 the entire trip but GoogleMap shows me in farmer’s fields.
Ford Mustang Mach-E Problems with "My Journeys"? 45417B46-5171-4AE1-AD30-9AE16250CC7A
Ford Mustang Mach-E Problems with "My Journeys"? 45417B46-5171-4AE1-AD30-9AE16250CC7A

RickMachE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
My GoogleMaps Timeline looks good like yours until you blow it up and then you see what I’m talking about. In the attached I was driving on I-75 the entire trip but GoogleMap shows me in farmer’s fields.
Mine is exactly on the road the entire way.
Sponsored