Profile keeps defaulting to Guest

kdonnel

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 CA Route 1, 2020 Bolt EV
Country flag
I had the same issue this afternoon, with the twist that it would not allow me to change off the Guest profile. In the end, I reset the infotainment system (hold VOL- and SEEK RIGHT) and now I can select my profile.
This has happened to me twice in about a week. Didn’t happen to me until I got the 3.x.x updates.
Sponsored

OP
OP
Mach1E

Mach1E

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach 1, Chevy SS-sold, GTPE delivered oct 2021
Country flag
Keep the keyfob in a faraday bag and see what happens with PaaK only.
Got some updates and I haven’t had this issue since. We shall see if it comes back.

Kangio

First Name
Kurt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach E Premium ER
Country flag
This recently starting happening to me but ONLY when I remote start my car from the FP app. I only use PAAK, never use the FOB. This was not an issue in the part but started after the most recent OTA (Recall software). Not an issue when using PAAK without remote starting.

Craigeddy111

First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 MME Premium, 2022 KIA EV6 GT Line RWD
Country flag
This recently starting happening to me but ONLY when I remote start my car from the FP app. I only use PAAK, never use the FOB. This was not an issue in the part but started after the most recent OTA (Recall software). Not an issue when using PAAK without remote starting.
Same to remote start. Every time I don't remote start, I exhibit no issues. But with every remote start, I get stuck on the guest profile.

Lord Polymath

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Sienna, '22 Mach-E Premium ER AWD (PWRPONY)
Occupation
Computer nerd
Country flag
Same thing happening to me. This is annoying and possibly a safety issue - When I remote start, it loads the guest profile which is not set to 1PD. I start to back up and expect the car to slow down fast because I'm used to 1PD now - but in the guest profile the car just keeps on rollin'. I use PAAK exclusively. AFAIK, I have all the latest updates. Haven't had the car a full month yet.
On my way home a few minutes ago, I remote started. When I got in the seat moved, which tells me it's not on my profile because I have easy entry/exit turned off. I pressed the 1 button for seat memory but the whole middle touchscreen was black. Turning the car off and back on didn't fix it. I had to do the volume down and right track button hold for 10 seconds to get the screen back on.

ShaggySS

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium RWD
Occupation
IT Nerd
Country flag
Same thing happening to me. This is annoying and possibly a safety issue - When I remote start, it loads the guest profile which is not set to 1PD. I start to back up and expect the car to slow down fast because I'm used to 1PD now - but in the guest profile the car just keeps on rollin'. I use PAAK
Cant you just enable 1PD on the Guest profile?

Have you assigned your phone to your profile. This caught me. Go into Settings\profiles and see if you have a phone assigned to your profile. You'd think this would be part of the PAAK setup but it is an additional step.

Lord Polymath

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Sienna, '22 Mach-E Premium ER AWD (PWRPONY)
Occupation
Computer nerd
Country flag
Cant you just enable 1PD on the Guest profile?

Have you assigned your phone to your profile. This caught me. Go into Settings\profiles and see if you have a phone assigned to your profile. You'd think this would be part of the PAAK setup but it is an additional step.
Yes, I could but that's a band-aid fix and it irritates me. Ford just needs to fix the remote start bug.
I do have my phone assigned to my profile, thanks for the heads up.

700L

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E
Country flag
Guest profile activated after grocery shopping. Could not switch to any other profile despite having 2 PAAK in the car, a key fob and hitting the saved seat button all of which are tied to my profile. Crested a 3rd test profile to get switching to work again.

car has all OTA updates applied, would the dealership have more FDRS updates that may fix the issue?

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 Chevy Bolt, 2022 Mach E Premium ER
Country flag
Guest profile activated after grocery shopping. Could not switch to any other profile despite having 2 PAAK in the car, a key fob and hitting the saved seat button all of which are tied to my profile. Crested a 3rd test profile to get switching to work again.

car has all OTA updates applied, would the dealership have more FDRS updates that may fix the issue?
This just happened to my wife while she was grocery shopping as well. Wonder what is up with grocery stores?

I was hoping to come here and find a fix - unfortunate there isn't one yet.

When you created the new profile, did the others start working again or did just the new one work? Should I erase them all and start over?

700L

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E
Country flag
This just happened to my wife while she was grocery shopping as well. Wonder what is up with grocery stores?

I was hoping to come here and find a fix - unfortunate there isn't one yet.

When you created the new profile, did the others start working again or did just the new one work? Should I erase them all and start over?
The others one worked when creating a test profile. Then I deleted the test profile and it seems to be working as usual again.

harrysiii

First Name
Harry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 MME GTPE DMG; '18 Pacifica Limited
Country flag
OP
OP
Mach1E

Mach1E

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach 1, Chevy SS-sold, GTPE delivered oct 2021
Country flag
Bleh….. this problem is back for me this week since the last update. Has happened 3x in the last week now.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 Chevy Bolt, 2022 Mach E Premium ER
Country flag
My wife said it fixed itself while she was at work - took no action on her part. Guess we'll keep the fake profile fix in our back pocket for next time.
Sponsored