NuAlphaMan

First Name
Bernard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 Mach-E GT Performance
Country flag
Man, I figured it wasn't just me! I was able to get my P7P set up without any problem, but it is never noticed by the car! I have to press the button several times before it opens it opens at all. Oddly enough, once I get the door open, by using the unlock icon on the phone, the car starts with no problem. Fortunately, I have an S22 Ultra. I was going to get rid of it, but not now! GRRRRR!
Sponsored

babgvant

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E GT PE
Occupation
Software Developer
Country flag
Man, I figured it wasn't just me! I was able to get my P7P set up without any problem, but it is never noticed by the car! I have to press the button several times before it opens it opens at all. Oddly enough, once I get the door open, by using the unlock icon on the phone, the car starts with no problem. Fortunately, I have an S22 Ultra. I was going to get rid of it, but not now! GRRRRR!
FWIW, after installing the December update for my P7P BT seems a lot better. I was even able to use PAAK and my BTLE OBD II dongle at the same time (although I didn't have time to test repeatability)!

Maxwells4

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Select RWD + CTP, IBSM
Country flag
There's a big update coming out for the Pixels that has a bunch of Bluetooth improvements. Hopefully it will help.

babgvant

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E GT PE
Occupation
Software Developer
Country flag
There's a big update coming out for the Pixels that has a bunch of Bluetooth improvements. Hopefully it will help.
That is the December update I mentioned in the post above yours. It seems to have fixed the easiest to reproduce issue that I have experienced with Android 13 BT. Planning to test in more detail later today.

zhackwyatt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 InfBlu Prem MMEx Past: '13 C-Max '98 Explorer
Country flag
PaaK has been unstable for me too since I moved to Pixel 7. I assume its because they haven't calibrated the app specifically for this phone.

nor3bo

First Name
Jacques
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E Prem 4X
Country flag
Another 7Pro user checking in. My recent experience with Paak is pretty bad, actually. This is even after the December update.

Currently FordPass will randomly crash when attempting to lock/unlock remotely.
I have to use the FordPass buttons because the self unlock and walkaway lock has been so bad lately.

I also have an issue where I will walk up to my car and sometimes it will light up the puddle lights, but refuse to unlock the doors, so I then have use the keypad or FordPass.

Once I'm in and start the car it's also more likely to NOT recognize me and go to the guest profile.

It's just really inconsistent now.

Eraser

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E Premium RWD | SR
Country flag
Another 7Pro user checking in. My recent experience with Paak is pretty bad, actually. This is even after the December update.

I have to use the FordPass buttons because the self unlock and walkaway lock has been so bad lately.

I also have an issue where I will walk up to my car and sometimes it will light up the puddle lights, but refuse to unlock the doors, so I then have use the keypad or FordPass.

Once I'm in and start the car it's also more likely to NOT recognize me and go to the guest profile.

Since the December Pixel feature drop Bluetooth has been much better on my Pixel 7 Pro using other devices, excluding my MME. PaaK really hasn't been better consistently. Some days are better than others, but generally speaking I'm in the same boat as you (and others).

Additionally, the audio lags REALLY bad, I have about a 3-5 second delay when playing any audio/video via Android auto. The easy way to test this is to play something, then press the pause button in AA and see how long it takes for the audio to stop playing. This has been an issue since Android 13 even on my Pixel 5.

locks66

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach E GT
Country flag

The most recent ford pass app has been a dumpster fire. App randomly crashes. Sometimes I can't press any buttons. Other times the buttons crash the app. Also can't get to set departure times, which as a realtor who doesn't have a consistent travel schedule, makes pre-conditioning impossible in my Minnesota winters.

I still am waiting for @Ford Motor Company to add a pre-condition button for people like me and for the fact people don't all have the exact same schedule every day. Especially on weekends.

OP
OP
DevSecOps

DevSecOps

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Audi SQ5 / '23 Rivian R1T / '23 M3P
Occupation
CISO
Country flag
I still am waiting for @Ford Motor Company to add a pre-condition button for people like me and for the fact people don't all have the exact same schedule every day. Especially on weekends.
Just use remote start and you can precondition up to 30 minutes before you leave.

Sneezy

First Name
Sneezy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2000 Trans Am Firehawk, 21 Mach E Premium EXT.
Occupation
NRA Rifle Instructor
Country flag
I still have a boatload of issues. I'm very disappointed that it does not work as advertised. I deleted my profile and phone. Resetup and still get key not found and key needed to restart.

OP
OP
DevSecOps

DevSecOps

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Audi SQ5 / '23 Rivian R1T / '23 M3P
Occupation
CISO
Country flag
Anyone else have major issues with FP 4.24.0 on the P7P. Constant force close and terrible PaaK reliability with the new Smart Device Link system.

Eraser

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E Premium RWD | SR
Country flag
Anyone else have major issues with FP 4.24.0 on the P7P. Constant force close and terrible PaaK reliability with the new Smart Device Link system.
I haven't noticed anything out of the ordinary before or after updating my P7P to the February patch. I also confirmed I am using FP 4.24 as well.

MacherAWD

First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 AWD Select C&T, 2020 Bolt Premier
Occupation
Software Implementation Manager
Country flag
I had this the first few days, I force closed the app a few times, and rebooted and it has been much better. That said I am still having to open the app most times before the car will start, and when it opens it crashes a few times in a row. I have a 6a on the developers preview, but the issues started after I updated to 4.24 and started seeing the Smart Device Link for the first time.
Sponsored