Purchasing and Programming another FOB

generaltso

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME Premium AWD SR Infinite Blue
Country flag
Thanks for the info, never knew that. I will call around once I can get my hands on a spare key fob.
Locksmiths can also usually order OEM fobs for cheaper than dealers, but I’m sure they won’t have any listing for the MME yet.
Sponsored

macchiaz-o

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
🔑 ]not/A/gr8'Place.2.store-mEyePassword[ 👀
Vehicles
MY21 J1 Premium RWD SR
Country flag
Thanks guys. I don't think I've ever seen a fob that doesn't light up to show that it's transmitting. Am I crazy or does it look like there's a little LED above the unlock button? At least I know that my extra fob is probably not defective. Now I just need a car to pair it with.
No LEDs on my Fiesta key fobs. They're from 2013 and are a different shape than these, but just wanted to give you the extra data point.

generaltso

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
No LEDs on my Fiesta key fobs. They're from 2013 and are a different shape than these, but just wanted to give you the extra data point.
I guess it must be a Ford thing. I used to have a 2013 Explorer, but I guess I don’t remember if it had a light on the fob. The cars in my family right now are Mitsubishi, Chrysler, and Subaru and they all have a light on their fobs.

OP
OP
Regularmache

Regularmache

First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
18 F150 Platinum, 18 Mustang GT PP2, 14 QX80
Occupation
Purchasing
Country flag
I went to my dealer's parts department today to ask about a spare key fob. His initial response was $250 for the key fob and $200 to program for a total of $450. I then asked if it would cost more to have another key fob made if I lost the only key fob that came with my Mach-E. He said he didn't know because his $450 quote is based on having one key fob to use for programming another key fob. He did not know that the Mach-E only comes with one key fob. He said he would do some research and that I should call him at the end of the week for a quote. If it cost anywhere near $400 for another key fob, I may pass and live with PaaK.
Okay whoever is on Social media, Tweet to Darren Palmer @ Ford that MACH E drivers expected 2 Two, FOB's, Ford please correct this!!! Even Fords cheapest vehicles get Two Fobs!!!

**BTW, the little area on the remote is an LED lens, it can flash Red or Green depending on the Ford model its being used for. On my F150, Remote Start will Flash Green twice to confirm vehicle started. (or Red, that it didn't, door open, not locked, etc; precluding remote start) I can also use my Ford Pass app. I guess the MACHE doesn't need/utilize the LED's.

mamejunkie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Premium Mach-E '21, Premium Mach-E '22
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
Locksmiths can also usually order OEM fobs for cheaper than dealers, but I’m sure they won’t have any listing for the MME yet.
Not sure if its this region or the marketplace (Ye**). 5 out of 5 locksmiths do not offer that service. :(

generaltso

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Not sure if its this region or the marketplace (Ye**). 5 out of 5 locksmiths do not offer that service. :(
That‘s surprising. I only have one locksmith near me and they do. My son’s Subaru was bought used last year and only came with one fob. I had the locksmith order and program a new one, which was substantially cheaper than the dealer.

GoGoGadgetMachE

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E 1st Ed., 2022 Lightning Platinum
Occupation
Professional forum cheerleader and fanboy
Country flag
Okay whoever is on Social media, Tweet to Darren Palmer @ Ford that MACH E drivers expected 2 Two, FOB's, Ford please correct this!!! Even Fords cheapest vehicles get Two Fobs!!!
I am, but I won't. A second fob would just take up space in my garage somewhere. I'm not wasting a Darren Palmer tweet on that.

I didn't expect to get two. We have known on here for some time now it's only one.

OP
OP
Regularmache

Regularmache

First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Purchasing
Country flag
I am, but I won't. A second fob would just take up space in my garage somewhere. I'm not wasting a Darren Palmer tweet on that.

I didn't expect to get two. We have known on here for some time now it's only one.
From our F150 to the wife's Platinum Murano, we each have a key, I love that my seat, mirrors, pedals, etc; all know where to be when I grab the door handle of each vehicle. Thanks to separate FOBs for each of us. No worries if I'm talking on the phone, or phones dead, Fobs in the pocket, all is good.
I had no idea we were only getting one FOB until the members shared their delivery experience. I'm glad you don't need or desire two, but there are quite a few of us that would appreciate and utilize the second one.

Last edited:

mamejunkie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Premium Mach-E '21, Premium Mach-E '22
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
Last edited:

macchiaz-o

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
🔑 ]not/A/gr8'Place.2.store-mEyePassword[ 👀
Vehicles
MY21 J1 Premium RWD SR
Country flag
Wonder if these will work?
https://northcoastkeyless.com/produ...lfndWgcUEKNkpOi46d1HGMZLU4tWKPKhoC5tkQAvD_BwE

Also, saw this. https://www.citrusford.com/parts/parts-tips/how-to-program-ford-key-fob/
I know it's probably not it but must be something like this. Shouldn't require special equipment to program. Its like the old Up-Up-Down-Down-Left-Right-Left-Right sequence...

Another Ford dealer with similar instructions... https://www.samesbastropford.com/how-to-program-ford-key-fobs.htm
If it were to work as described in the last web site you linked (I didn't check the other links), then anyone with temporary access to your key and car could program a new key.

Do you see the security risk here?

Do you ever hand over your car and key to anyone you don't fully trust? A mechanic, car wash employee, valet, irresponsible child, etc?

Kamuelaflyer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Premium Infinite Blue. ER AWD. 2020 Raptor
Country flag
I didn't expect to get two. We have known on here for some time now it's only one
if I don’t get two key fobs with Mach-e, I’ll refuse delivery!! At this price point, they should have 2! :p

Well actually they should ... but. Yeah. I’ll buy one. Double the salesman’s effective hourly rate of pay for having dealt with me for the past 13 months and counting (soon to be 14).

From our F150 to the wife's Platinum Murano, we each have a key, I love that my seat, mirrors, pedals, etc; all know where to be when I grab the door handle of each vehicle
This.

GoGoGadgetMachE

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E 1st Ed., 2022 Lightning Platinum
Occupation
Professional forum cheerleader and fanboy
Country flag
I had no idea we were only getting one FOB until the members shared their delivery experience. I'm glad you don't need or desire two, but there are quite a few of us that would appreciate and utilize the second one.
Great! You can buy another one! :) I'm not going to demand it though. :)

Maquis

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach E4X, 2023 Lightning Lariat ER
Country flag
I guess it must be a Ford thing. I used to have a 2013 Explorer, but I guess I don’t remember if it had a light on the fob. The cars in my family right now are Mitsubishi, Chrysler, and Subaru and they all have a light on their fobs.
My 17 F150 does not have a light and I don't think my 13 Explorer does (I don't have it handy to check for sure).

OP
OP
Regularmache

Regularmache

First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Purchasing
Country flag
If it were to work as described in the last web site you linked (I didn't check the other links), then anyone with temporary access to your key and car could program a new key.

Do you see the security risk here?

Do you ever hand over your car and key to anyone you don't fully trust? A mechanic, car wash employee, valet, irresponsible child, etc?
Well I usually hand my Key to the Valet, BUT IF IT'S THE ONLY ONE FORD GIVES ME, it's too damn valuable to risk them losing it! I'll have to emphasize with the valet, This is the only FOB that came with this Limited Edition MachE, so make extra sure you don't lose it!

JellyBelly

First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME RR FE
Country flag
My dealer was going to try if they can even program a MME fob by trying to clone a fob for a MME they have. His service guy was not sure if a spare can be programmed. I told him Yes it has to ...fobs are lost all the time. My fob is still on back order.
Sponsored

Reactions: PBP