Reaction score
Website
www.envirokarma.org
Vehicles
MME (delivered 2/26/21), DIY eMiata BEV
Occupation
Solar Sales/install
Country flag
PAAK works on my current phone when I activate it (I have a few times before having an issue then deactivating it). It's just the backup phone that it doesn't like (yet). I already did a factory reset on it, so it has a totally new FordPass install on it.

I don't want to reset the car settings again though. It's not worth starting over there. I'll play with it a little more, but we have 2 fobs now so it's nothing important anyway.

I installed the Android FordPass update yesterday, so maybe that fixes a few things. I'll probably try activate PAAK on my real phone again first and see how that goes first.
I see, you DID get PAAK working on one phone at least, and are trying to add a second phone.

You definitely do NOT want to clear the Backup Start Code you were able to set with the first phone! You are just 'adding a phone' to be recognized as a Key by your MME. If the second phone doesn't get recognized, you can always use the 5-digit door code to get in, and then your BackupStartCode to run.

I have had some luck getting my phone to 'reconnect' and be recognized if I :
- turn off Bluetooth on the phone
- turn BT back on the phone when standing near MME
- open FordPass app on phone
- use FordPass app 'unlock' button to enter MME
- use FordPass app 'start' button to start MME
Sponsored

dbsb3233

First Name
TimCO
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E FE, 2023 Bronco Sport OB
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
I see, you DID get PAAK working on one phone at least, and are trying to add a second phone.

You definitely do NOT want to clear the Backup Start Code you were able to set with the first phone! You are just 'adding a phone' to be recognized as a Key by your MME. If the second phone doesn't get recognized, you can always use the 5-digit door code to get in, and then your BackupStartCode to run.

I have had some luck getting my phone to 'reconnect' and be recognized if I :
- turn off Bluetooth on the phone
- turn BT back on the phone when standing near MME
- open FordPass app on phone
- use FordPass app 'unlock' button to enter MME
- use FordPass app 'start' button to start MME
Actually, what I was trying to do was deactivate PAAK on the phone I really use, but still have a backup START code active. But when you deactivate PAAK on a phone, it also deactivates the backup START code associated with it. I tried that, hoping I could just do that. The START code worked an hour later, but it was gone when I tried it the next day. I assumed that the car was just slow to update after I deactivated PAAK on the phone.

The only reason I'm trying to activate PAAK on an old phone is to set a backup START code. Then I'll just turn that old phone off and put it away in a drawer. That way I'd have a backup START code and no bluetooth'd PAAK that might be causing other issues or conflicts with the fob.

dtbaker61

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.envirokarma.org
Vehicles
MME (delivered 2/26/21), DIY eMiata BEV
Occupation
Solar Sales/install
Country flag
Actually, what I was trying to do was deactivate PAAK on the phone I really use, but still have a backup START code active. But when you deactivate PAAK on a phone, it also deactivates the backup START code associated with it. I tried that, hoping I could just do that. The START code worked an hour later, but it was gone when I tried it the next day. I assumed that the car was just slow to update after I deactivated PAAK on the phone.

The only reason I'm trying to activate PAAK on an old phone is to set a backup START code. Then I'll just turn that old phone off and put it away in a drawer. That way I'd have a backup START code and no bluetooth'd PAAK that might be causing other issues or conflicts with the fob.

aha
I went the other way around, and put my Fob in the drawer at home.... Left PAAK on my phone, if it works, great, if it doesn't I just use the doorcode and console code.

machefan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
RR FE 21', Leaf 18' and Bronco BadLands 2022
Occupation
IT
Country flag
Link no longer works, any ideas on a new link that will work? I get my car in mid June and want a second FOB
Ask once not twice please.

I will say it again, google the part number.

tempImageJINXF4.png

Flowell

First Name
Forrest
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
mach-e
Occupation
Civil Field Engineer
Country flag
Ask once not twice please.

I will say it again, google the part number.

Ford Mustang Mach-E Purchasing and Programming another FOB tempImageJINXF4
the reply to the second question was about as useful as the first. maybe the 3rd time will be helpful. When I google that part number, 77 results come up from all of the interwebs. 50 bucks to anyone who can find that part number on "the google" where I can buy it.

generaltso

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME Premium AWD SR Infinite Blue
Country flag
the reply to the second question was about as useful as the first. maybe the 3rd time will be helpful. When I google that part number, 77 results come up from all of the interwebs. 50 bucks to anyone who can find that part number on "the google" where I can buy it.
Looks like supply is drying up. How do you feel about refurbished? 4 left.

https://oemcarkeymall.com/products/2020-ford-mustang-smart-keyless-entry-remote-key-fob-trunk-4b-m3n-a2c931423-mustanglogo?currency=USD&variant=37821475881138&utm_medium=cpc&utm_source=google&utm_campaign=Google Shopping&gclid=EAIaIQobChMI7OHp7-ru8AIV1Ap9Ch26jQFqEAQYAyABEgIcy_D_BwE

generaltso

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag

machefan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
IT
Country flag
The post with links just given should help, however when they get posted they go quick. So I was trying to help with not posting a link. Good luck either way and welcome.

For others the part number is - JR3T-15K601-FA which fits a few Mustangs.

machefan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
IT
Country flag

machefan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
IT
Country flag
Most likely any FORD ~2020 315 MHZ PEPS FOB with the same button layout will work.

Just a guess here, others can confirm who might know better.

Screen Shot 2021-05-29 at 9.29.52 AM.png

Screen Shot 2021-05-29 at 9.29.32 AM.png

generaltso

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Most likely any FORD ~2020 315 MHZ PEPS FOB with the same button layout will work.

Just a guess here, others can confirm who might know better.
It's really the FCC ID that dictates whether it will work with the MME or not. If it has the right button layout and an FCC ID of M3N-A2C931423, it'll work. Ford uses a different FCC ID for fobs with a remote start button, so none of those will work. I tried it with a fob for an ICE Mustang with a remote start button and confirmed that it doesn't work with the MME.

Old Guy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford Mustang Mach-E EX, RW
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
I don't own an Mach E yet, drive a 2011 Explorer, but the discussion of the PAAK reminds me of the anger generated in 2011, and after, by the SNYC. It took three iterations, I believe, to get it right. Used to have to sit in a running car with a thumb drive inserted into something to get the latest updates downloaded into the car. Eventually they got it right.
Sponsored