Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Carbonized Grey Premium AWD
Occupation
Mechanical Engineer
Country flag
My understanding is if you remove PaaK, for instance if you got a second fob, then it also removes your ability to start the car with a password as a backup, because it's linked to PaaK. Can anyone confirm/deny?
When I removed PaaK, because it was being weird one day, it did remove my backup start code. I had to set up a new PaaK and then redo the backup start code. I have not tried to create a backup start code without a PaaK setup, though.
Sponsored

generaltso

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME Premium AWD SR Infinite Blue
Country flag
My understanding is if you remove PaaK, for instance if you got a second fob, then it also removes your ability to start the car with a password as a backup, because it's linked to PaaK. Can anyone confirm/deny?
Confirmed. But you don‘t have to remove PaaK just because you got a second fob.

murphy62

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2016 Tesla S90D, 2021 Mach-E AWD ER
Occupation
retired
Country flag
You can get one for $28 with shipping from eBay (Ford Label) and program it yourself. Why bother with the dealer and your time for $28 bucks. I’m speaking about setting up a third, not a second.
Where are the in car programming instructions for the Mach-E for a third fob? I have tried what I found on the internet and it hasn't worked.

nivlem

First Name
Walter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'66 Mustang;'79 Mustang;2015 Genesis;2021 Mach E
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Free Key Fob from Ford
Ford authorized second Programmed Key Fob for me and reimbursed the dealer for his cost. I just picked it up. At the time of the approval the Ford Representative acknowledged they had handled the Key Fob/PAAK poorly and he said they would be providing two Fobs with future Mach E deliveries. We did not talk about how all single key cases would be handled, but I would bring this up with Ford if I wanted a second Fob. (I do not recommend talking to Ford Customer Relations, they were completely unhelpful to me.)

HuntingPudel

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME GT-PE, 1979 Fire-Am, 1972 K/5 Blazer
Occupation
Engineering
Country flag
Congrats on getting a second fob. Hopefully Ford follows thro on providing a second fob to future deliveries. ??

Scarpia

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Infinite Blue Premium, Standard Range, RWD
Country flag
Where are the in car programming instructions for the Mach-E for a third fob? I have tried what I found on the internet and it hasn't worked.
Check out this thread.
Great instructions, and I added a clarification that had kept me from programming successfully.

HDer

First Name
Yi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
InfiniteBlueRt1, 07XterraManual
Country flag
Free Key Fob from Ford
Ford authorized second Programmed Key Fob for me and reimbursed the dealer for his cost. I just picked it up. At the time of the approval the Ford Representative acknowledged they had handled the Key Fob/PAAK poorly and he said they would be providing two Fobs with future Mach E deliveries. We did not talk about how all single key cases would be handled, but I would bring this up with Ford if I wanted a second Fob. (I do not recommend talking to Ford Customer Relations, they were completely unhelpful to me.)
Do you have a link for the contacts for the regional management offices?

kevinosman23

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach e rwd ex
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Hi. I am a newbie Mach e owner of a few days. When I picked up my mach e I was given 2 key fobs. Has this not been the experience every where?

the other thing to note is they are default Ford fobs without the mustang logo

Mopey

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 MME GTPE, 22 Lightning Lariat
Country flag
Hi. I am a newbie Mach e owner of a few days. When I picked up my mach e I was given 2 key fobs. Has this not been the experience every where?

the other thing to note is they are default Ford fobs without the mustang logo
In the UK, your cars come with two fobs since you don’t have PAAK. But to make sure UK owners are annoyed too, Ford didn’t put the Mustang logo on those two fobs.

You will still love your Mach E, though.

barryvo

First Name
Barry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
VW Passat and Jeep Cherokee
Country flag
I am interested in getting a second key fob. My MME should arrive around Christmas. I asked my dealership and they don't know how to get a second one at this time. I'm willing to try the phone as a key thing but don't want to be dependent on it.

murphy62

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
retired
Country flag
I am interested in getting a second key fob. My MME should arrive around Christmas. I asked my dealership and they don't know how to get a second one at this time. I'm willing to try the phone as a key thing but don't want to be dependent on it.
They order it from their supplier. It's not free.
My dealer charged.
Body $197.55
Key blank $75.87 (It's only use is it provides the hole to put it on a key chain)
Labor to program $75.99
PA sales tax $20.96

Total $370.37

Payment 22094 FordPass points = $110.47
credit card $259.90

Apparently a FordPass point is worth $0.005. i.e. 1/2 cent.

PAAK doesn't work when the phone is in my pocket.
I have to get it out and hold up to the window.
If that doesn't work I have to open the FordPass app on the phone.

My phone was upstairs in my bedroom and I found the phone overheated and Android wanting it shut down because it had burned through 33% of the battery trying to connect to the car.

FordPass/PAAK needs serious rewriting.

barryvo

First Name
Barry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
VW Passat and Jeep Cherokee
Country flag
They order it from their supplier. It's not free.
My dealer charged.
Body $197.55
Key blank $75.87 (It's only use is it provides the hole to put it on a key chain)
Labor to program $75.99
PA sales tax $20.96

Total $370.37

Payment 22094 FordPass points = $110.47
credit card $259.90

Apparently a FordPass point is worth $0.005. i.e. 1/2 cent.

PAAK doesn't work when the phone is in my pocket.
I have to get it out and hold up to the window.
If that doesn't work I have to open the FordPass app on the phone.

My phone was upstairs in my bedroom and I found the phone overheated and Android wanting it shut down because it had burned through 33% of the battery trying to connect to the car.

FordPass/PAAK needs serious rewriting.
I don't mind purchasing one. I don't have any Ford Points but $380 is fine. My dealer just doesn't know how to do it as if yet. I have until December though to get everything worked out

krafty81

First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME AWD EX Premium, 2023 Lexus RX350h
Country flag
They get second fob by having parts dept order it, service program it. Then they give it to you. That's what my dealer did in about an hour.

krafty81

First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME AWD EX Premium, 2023 Lexus RX350h
Country flag
I don't mind purchasing one. I don't have any Ford Points but $380 is fine. My dealer just doesn't know how to do it as if yet. I have until December though to get everything worked out
That is crazy that they charged you for it!

murphy62

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
retired
Country flag
I had 22000 points deposited to my FordPass account by Ford when I bought the Mach-E Premium AWD ER.
Sponsored