tomterky

First Name
E
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2010 Mustang Pony Edition Convertible; 2021 Mach E
Country flag
Recalls are pushed to your FordPass app. Our Raptor has one showing. This, however, is not a recall. It is a bulletin for Ford EV Repair Centers to comply with. If the problem turns out to be more widespread or persistent than believed, it'll become a recall.
Thing is, to avoid a recall and they know how to contact the VINs that the issue pertains to, push it out. You have the means to avoid a bigger problem and keep people safe. Then it becomes a thing of ethics.
Sponsored

SnBGC

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E FE, 2021 Wrangler 4xe High Altitude
Occupation
Manager
Country flag
Yeah, I'm not 100% certain my dealer did (or knows to do) that, so curious if there's a way to tell from the settings screens...
No way for you to tell from your settings in the car.

The way I am interpreting the information is that some cars had an earlier version of the calibrations installed at the factory by mistake. All other cars had the most current versions installed. So, those affected cars are being recalled so they can get the same version that your car has (assuming your car isn't one of the affected cars).

If you are worried about it....send me your VIN and I'll check.
I am sure you are fine. It looks to me like it's a very small percentage of cars that are affected.

If your dealer entered your VIN into their PTS/OASIS system then it would show up. I believe they are supposed to do that but sometimes they get so excited when these arrive and they call the owner right away (because the owner has been hounding them day and night and even stalking the place on the weekends....) :)

Regularmache

First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
18 F150 Platinum, 18 Mustang GT PP2, 14 QX80
Occupation
Purchasing
Country flag
It IS on their pre-delivery checklist, but I did mention it to them the day before I was going to take delivery. I don't think there is a way for us to tell from the car or app. You could ask them to see the OASIS report.
Just so your not surprised, this little fender bender cost USAA $10,730 when somebody pulled out in front of my wife a couple months ago. The headlight was cracked and it cost $1200 alone, the Platinum Grill was $980. Then all the advanced cruise control and distance sensor along with the camera in the Ford Emblem, I was shocked!

*Admin, this was supposed to be in 'First MachE accident" thread. Glitch?

Ford Mustang Mach-E Recall: 21B02-S1 Software Calibration Update Screenshot_20210226-203031

Last edited:

Badger_Prof

First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Prior--Leaf,Bolt EV. Mustang Mach-E Premium AWD ER
Country flag
Well this will delay deliveries again. My january/feb/march/april/june/july delivery I think just became a september delivery
It is time for somebody at Ford to speak up and say what the heck is going on with these delays, returns to factory, etc.!

OP
OP
Phoney

Phoney

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E Premium RWD Extended Range
Country flag
It is time for somebody at Ford to speak up and say what the heck is going on with these delays, returns to factory, etc.!
I didn’t have a reservation. Called round a dozen different Ford dealers over the weekend, found a cancelled order and picked my MME up on Tuesday. Give it a go.

kdryden99

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Nissan Sentra Spec-V, Infinite Blue Mach E4X Prem
Country flag
I feel like this whole rollout for how long its taking was rushed. It seems like they had a plan but the plan either failed\changed\non-existant. Instead of rushing to keep their promise they should have just made sure the cars were 100%. I wont even get into the dealer issues some of you had. Im happy to get if I get in September, heck I'll wait until next year if I get a better final product.

agoldman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GT Cyber Orange
Country flag
It would be nice if this were pushed out as an OTA update. They sure did a lot off bragging about how every module could be updated.
I'm beginning to think that is a lot of bla bla bla... I'll be impressed if they push out any important system updates, but I'm not holding my breath, and fully expect to have to go to the dealer for at least major ones.

ClaudeMach-E

First Name
Claude
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach 3- Tempo- Malibu(3)-Actual Kia Sportage AWD
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Just so your not surprised, this little fender bender cost USAA $10,730 when somebody pulled out in front of my wife a couple months ago. The headlight was cracked and it cost $1200 alone, the Platinum Grill was $980. Then all the advanced cruise control and distance sensor along with the camera in the Ford Emblem, I was shocked!

Ford Mustang Mach-E Recall: 21B02-S1 Software Calibration Update Screenshot_20210226-203031
That's the reason insurance are so expansive, even though cars & trucks nowadays are very well equipped in safe guards technology.

jeffdawgfan

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang MachE AWD ER, 2019 Ram 1500 Laramie
Occupation
Retired Navy / Veterans Administration
Country flag
I feel like this whole rollout for how long its taking was rushed. It seems like they had a plan but the plan either failed\changed\non-existant. Instead of rushing to keep their promise they should have just made sure the cars were 100%. I wont even get into the dealer issues some of you had. Im happy to get if I get in September, heck I'll wait until next year if I get a better final product.
The best battle plans are only good until you meet the enemy. Then all hell breaks loose and you adapt on the fly. Sorta like Ford is doing now it seems.

abdlc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MachE Premium AWD Extended range; Subaru Ascent
Country flag
I took mine to the dealership about two weeks ago to have this looked at, they said they did the update but my FordPass is still showing it as an alert...

Beege

First Name
BJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2013 Santa Fe Sport, 2002 Mustang GT Convertible
Country flag
I took mine to the dealership about two weeks ago to have this looked at, they said they did the update but my FordPass is still showing it as an alert...
Same. Dealer did the update before I picked up my FE. However, still days later, Fordpass App still showing in the upper left corner Recall area that the update is required. I checked with my Ford dealer, and their computer system shows the update was done.

But Fordpass app says not done.

Last edited:

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GB E4X FE, Leaf, Tacoma, F-150 Lightning ordered
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag
It would be nice if this were pushed out as an OTA update. They sure did a lot off bragging about how every module could be updated.
This update can't be completed OTA as the service department has to make sure the car is on an external 12v charger the whole time.
Sponsored