Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E
Occupation
Malcontent
Country flag
I've tried for almost nine months to let my appreciation for the hardware outweigh my crushing disappointment and frustration with the software. I have failed. I'm going to sell it. Not being a follower of "the marketplace", I'm curious ...

Premium AWD ER, 7800 miles. What kind of resale price should I be looking for?

Edit to add: I sold it Wednesday for an even 55k. Probably could have gotten more, but closing the book on the experience promptly was worth the modest difference between "got" and "could have gotten".
Sponsored

Last edited:

RickMachE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium 4X, 2022 Lightning Lariat
Country flag
Sounds like you're not well setup to maximize your resale value.

Edit - And I have to add, who buys a car for software? We bought this vehicle for the following top reasons:

- Wanted an EV
- Performance, acceleration
- SUV/hatchback design with room for stuff
- Appearance
- Pushing Ford to move forward, or it, and the American auto industry, won't be around in 10 years.
- Son works for Ford Credit, we get A-Plan pricing and support his company

Ford is not a software company. Ford is not a tech company. Anyone buying this vehicle because of software didn't do their homework IMO. Our 2018 Fusion Energi didn't do an OTA in the 3 years we owned it, and that was just for Sync. Their Support for tech issues has always been awful. We have to push them to keep improving.

Last edited:

connoisseurr

First Name
Connor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Rivian R1T, 23 Tesla MYP
Occupation
IT Engineering
Country flag
I've tried for almost nine months to let my appreciation for the hardware outweigh my crushing disappointment and frustration with the software. I have failed. I'm going to sell it. Not being a follower of "the marketplace", I'm curious ...

Before you roll into the extreme, have you worked with a dealer to get your vehicle and all it’s modules updated to latest versions?

idkhow

Banned
Banned
First Name
Bateman
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 mach-e premium, van down by the river
Occupation
it plumber, auto detailer
Country flag
Ford Mustang Mach-E Resale price? 1637204294575

@generaltso gave the right answer. Add GiveMetheVin to that list. Good 'ol boys down in Texas who try to match CarMax. Vroom and CarMax usually give the best numbers. My boss had his Acura picked up from Vroom. Girl I knew got 7k+ this summer off a Honda lease, and I got a few thousand from selling my XC40 lease.

Pushrods&Capacitors

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘21 4X, ‘14 SS Sedan tuned, ‘17 WRX tuned
Occupation
Analyst
Country flag

Man, this sucks to read. We just got the 4X we ordered back in May on 10/28 and it’s been great so far. PAAK functions properly, BlueCruise works well (although I won’t be using it myself), frunk button is handy. If only you could hold out a bit longer.

Doug&Julie

First Name
Douglas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E Premium LR-RWD
Occupation
Designer
Country flag
The thing about selling a car...when negotiating, you can always come down on price, but you can never go up. So start high, drop as needed over time.

e.g. In August we put our 2012 Subaru up for sale. Prices via KBB / Edmunds / etc ranged between $8k and $11k. We listed it at $12k. We got a lot of $11k offers right away...my response was always "not now, but check back in a couple weeks if we still have it". Sold it in two days for $11,750 to a nice guy buying it for his 16 y/o son.

RickMachE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium 4X, 2022 Lightning Lariat
Country flag
The thing about selling a car...when negotiating, you can always come down on price, but you can never go up. So start high, drop as needed over time.

e.g. In August we put our 2012 Subaru up for sale. Prices via KBB / Edmunds / etc ranged between $8k and $11k. We listed it at $12k. We got a lot of $11k offers right away...my response was always "not now, but check back in a couple weeks if we still have it". Sold it in two days for $11,750 to a nice guy buying it for his 16 y/o son.
Well...

Put our 2018 Fusion Energi up for sale in August. No nibbles. Inquiries from dealers only. My dealer offered $19k. Carvana offered $22k+. Had to leave town and missed that. Kept going down. Finally in October they offered $22k+ again. Set it up, but before finalizing, they offered $22,2xx. Night before they came price went up to $25,546 and they agreed to raise it. CarMax was almost $1,000 lower. Nothing else came close. So you can go up in this market.

breeves002

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E GT PE
Country flag
I traded my first edition into a dealer with 10,500 miles and got $53,200. That is exactly $7500 less than I paid after all fees. So basically I drove it for free since I'll take full advantage of the tax credit.

I sure am keeping mine though...

Most of the stuff is fixed in the latest updates though. Just get the dealer to do them and don't use PAAK.

malthusunc

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E, 2017 EcoBoost Convertible
Occupation
Real Estate Appraiser
Country flag
I have sold two cars to CarMax in the last three weeks. One for more than I paid 9 months ago and the other (a 2020 Volvo XC40 we bought at the end of 2019) they gave us $43,000 when we paid $44,500 two years ago (that was sticker -not the out the door price with taxes, tag, etc.). Vroom and KBB both offered me $40,000 for this car. So right now, I am singing the praises of CarMax. Both times, after looking the car over, they stuck with their original online offer (i.e, they didn't try to haggle with me to get it lower). Very painless process.

I had Vroom offer me $52.400 for my FE. So basically, the sticker price less the $7,500 tax credit. It had 10K miles at the time. I also tried CarMax but they said it was too new and they couldn't give me an estimate online (immediately) that I would need to bring it by the CarMax dealership.

Just some data points. I agree with what someone posted above - there is no cost to have CarMax, Vroom, and Carvana each give you a quote (and the nice thing is that it is immediate).

malthusunc

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E, 2017 EcoBoost Convertible
Occupation
Real Estate Appraiser
Country flag
I traded my first edition into a dealer with 10,500 miles and got $53,200. That is exactly $7500 less than I paid after all fees. So basically I drove it for free since I'll take full advantage of the tax credit.

I sure am keeping mine though...

Most of the stuff is fixed in the latest updates though. Just get the dealer to do them and don't use PAAK.
I went to look at a GT PE that a dealer had on the lot and I got Vroom to price my FE and that is basically exactly what they offered me. Same mileage and everything.

OP
OP
jimhill

jimhill

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E
Occupation
Malcontent
Country flag
Man, this sucks to read. We just got the 4X we ordered back in May on 10/28 and it’s been great so far. PAAK functions properly, BlueCruise works well (although I won’t be using it myself), frunk button is handy. If only you could hold out a bit longer.
The software issues go beyond bugginess, though heaven knows that's a horror show in its own right. I can't stand a lot of the UI designs Ford has made with respect to how many taps are needed to see something that should either be one tap away or displayed ALL THE TIME and that's something that bothers me every single time I drive the car and they're almost certainly never going to change, at least not before I either sell the car or shoot myself in the face with a bazooka.
Sponsored