vinny2487

First Name
Vince
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E CA Route 1 (Star White)
Country flag
Hey everyone, this is my first time posting on one of these so bare with me.
Has anyone noticed an increase in what seems like aggressive driving and/or road rage directed at you when you're driving your Mach-E?
We live in the Midwest and my wife drives all over town with it. It seems like she has noticed an uptick in incidents with lifted trucks that won't let her onto the expressway or get really close behind her, and generally drive very aggressively. Today she said one truck wouldn't let her on the expressway and another one nearly side swiped her.
I told her to keep the non-emergency police line on speed dial and call in the plate when she sees something, but we're not sure if they are just terrible drivers or if they're being a-holes because she's driving an electric car.
As some have mentioned, it'll be good to invest in a dashcam. Go on Amazon and search "car dash cam". There's a bunch for less than $100 with decent reviews.
Sponsored

Brian707

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Infinite Blue Mustang Mach E Premium AWD EXT
Country flag
Only 2 so far both from jeeps. Both souped up. First one I smoked at a red light. 2nd guy was ready to go at another red light. 2nd guy used every bit of power he had, I went to about 50 mph, I spotted a cop he did not. $100 poorer for him. To be fair he would have beaten me and neither of these drivers probably cared or knew I was in an EV.

Also, I've had my car for 2 months. All positive and all from older women. 50 and older, even female police officer at a stop light. It annoys my wife lol.

Tarynem

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-e Premium (pending)
Occupation
IT
Country flag
I feel like aggressive driving has ticked up since the pandemic because for a long time there were less cars on the roads.
She's a gorgeous red. Hard to miss, but in traffic I don't think people pay attention to what the other cars look like, just that they're in the way
PXL_20210704_221515304.jpg
This is beautiful.

I asked because I ordered the dk grey matter and have been considering changing the color to red. I see people posting their Red MMEs and its grabbing me in a different way. No one noticing a beautiful ride like this, especially in Red, is insane. I have yet to see a Red MME in person.

Tarynem

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-e Premium (pending)
Occupation
IT
Country flag
This 100% most got used to driving without a lot of traffic around or cops on the road and they can’t get out of the mindset. Hardly anyone stops at the stop sign on my corner anymore and that was not the norm.
Right. Its insane. I do see less cops on the roads. I live in the Wash. Dc area and driving on the highway is a death trap. Its usually young folks in shitty cars who are the culprits.

TTT

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
DMC-12, 75 Monza, 17 Volt, 22 MMe Prem. ordered
Occupation
Imagineer
Country flag
If you think a Bolt gets more attention than a Mach-E, you’re in for a surprise when you get yours.
I look forward to it, don't get me wrong. My longest held car is a Delorean, you'd be hard pressed to find a car that gets more attention than that!

timbop

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Solar powered 2021 MME ER RWD & 2022 Corsair PHEV
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
I feel like aggressive driving has ticked up since the pandemic because for a long time there were less cars on the roads.

This is beautiful.

I asked because I ordered the dk grey matter and have been considering changing the color to red. I see people posting their Red MMEs and its grabbing me in a different way. No one noticing a beautiful ride like this, especially in Red, is insane. I have yet to see a Red MME in person.
Yeah, I am surprised how many times people pull in front of me or merge as if they didn't see me - it's an eye catching color in daylight. If you're on the fence about color I highly recommend finding other Ford cars on the lot in "rapid red"; I think they still make mustangs and explorers in that color so you might be able to see them if there are no red MMEs near you. In cloudy overcast light it isn't as eye catching, but that pic was taken in beautiful late day sunshine and the red just absolutely pops in good light. It's my first red car since my 1985 cranberry colored chevy econobox and I have to say I am so glad I got it. I haven't seen a silver to know for sure, but in my opinion the Red and Cyber orange are the only colors that immediately draw your eye. The grabber blue is distinctive and does get attention, but it doesn't scream "look at me" like the red and orange/yellow do. I do love black when it is clean and shiny, but after having to keep 2 black mustangs clean I passed. I have never really liked white/gray/silver sports cars, so I might be overstating the case.

Last edited:

curiousurick

First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E Infinite Blue
Country flag
I’ve had a few trucks shoot black smoke at me and one of them was in dead traffic for a while. His kid, maybe 8, yelled at me some nonsense for a few minutes but I never rolled the window down to here what he was saying. I can imagine the propaganda he was repeating from his dad.

RSH

First Name
RSH
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME Rapid Red Premium ER
Country flag

This is beautiful.

I have a red MME and it gets noticed all the time. I've even had people take pics of the car (unfortunately, once I was in it when they took the pic and I didn't like that at all). Only once have I experienced negative driving, but I don’t think it was related to the car being an EV. I think that person was just mean.

timbop

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Solar powered 2021 MME ER RWD & 2022 Corsair PHEV
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
I have a red MME and it gets noticed all the time. I've even had people take pics of the car (unfortunately, once I was in it when they took the pic and I didn't like that at all). Only once have I experienced negative driving, but I don’t think it was related to the car being an EV. I think that person was just mean.
Yeah, I am not sure what is going on in NJ. I think New Jerseyans are just jaded souls who really just don't want to be hassled. My wife and I were eating outside at a restaurant adjacent to a busy parking lot and a Ford GT drove by (the $400k GT, not a GT mustang). I think I was the only one that noticed and when I pointed it out to my wife she said "oh, ok" and went back to eating her salad.

monolith10101

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Bolt Premier
Country flag
Nothing unusual really. In fact, I’ve seen less than when we had our Bolt. People tended to try to cut us off more, etc, in the Bolt, presumably because it looks like an econobox.

llinthicum1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2007 Ford Mustang, 2020 Ford Escape
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Unless people know a Mach-e is electric, they may not realize that it is. There's no badging on the Mach-e to indicate it electric. I think it's just t a bunch of bad drivers.

TOBG

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Mustang GT, 2021 Mach-E Premium RWD ER
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
I just got back from a trip to Maryland and I had no problem merging onto both the Ohio and PA turnpikes. I either got ignored (fine with me) or got compliments. At the EA charging station in Bedford PA the two guys repairing one of the charging station thanked me for giving them a job and liked my car.

Scrannel

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Range Rover Sport Diesel. Tesla Model 3 Performance
Occupation
Screenwriter
Country flag
Teslas were the primary target. Now, here in So. California, there are so many Teslas aggressive idiots are overwhelmed by yet another thing in their lives.

JohnnyForensic

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Infinite Blue MME 4X Premium
Occupation
Digital Forensics
Country flag
<SNIP>
Hard agree. I have been home most of the pandemic, but I got back out onto the Northern Virginia roads recently and felt like the road ragey driving has tripled. People were generally asshats driving as aggressively as they could.

syberghost

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E Premium AWD Extended
Occupation
computer booper
Country flag
Every time I go out, I get people enthused about the car. Only once have I seen someone (he was in a Charger, so I'm assuming just jealous) look away and then clearly say to himself "it's not a f***ing Mustang!"

As for getting on the road; you've got more torque and more horsepower, no reason for them to realize you're in an electric until you're receding into the distance.
Sponsored