Sent Back to Factory Before Delivery???????

Moomin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2006 civic hybrid - upgrading to MME 4 Premium
Country flag
"Pony had separation anxiety."
Would love to hear what happened when you find out.

OP
OP

scode

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Website
photos.mustangsbymike.com
Vehicles
2014 F350 LB Platinum 2001 Bullitt 2022 MME Prem
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
This really sucks. I just found out from Ford Chat/Marketing that my car to be delivered within the next few days has been pushed 6 weeks.

This came from the dealer;

It does look like it will be delayed one month.
Message by Ian Phil Long Ford: From the best that we can understand it looks like it got sent back to the plant to replace a part, Tuesday, September 27 2022, 10:35 AM

Or get an upgraded part
Ian Phil Long Ford • 10:35 AM
attachment-jpg.jpg

I am debating after 11 months of waiting to just cancel the order.

Moomin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2006 civic hybrid - upgrading to MME 4 Premium
Country flag
how big and major was this part? the dealer couldn't do it? That sounds odd. And the cost to repair it must cost more than shipping it back?

daverp

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
VW ID.4, MME Premium (On order)
Occupation
Software
Country flag
This really sucks. I just found out from Ford Chat/Marketing that my car to be delivered within the next few days has been pushed 6 weeks.

Message by Ian Phil Long Ford: From the best that we can understand it looks like it got sent back to the plant to replace a part, Tuesday, September 27 2022, 10:35 AM

Or get an upgraded part
Ford Mustang Mach-E Sent Back to Factory Before Delivery??????? attachment-

I guess the question is do you not want the car? You waited 11 months, there is a light at the end of the tunnel, not much sense it canceling after all that wait...unless you just don't want the car, which is fine.

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GB E4X FE, Leaf, Tacoma, F-150 Lightning ordered
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag
That sucks but yes, a number of the earliest wave of MMEs made that trip. Mine was delivered to Wilmington, DE and sent back to KC for testing. If it had failed it would have gone back to Cuatitlan.

OP
OP

scode

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Website
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
I guess the question is do you not want the car? You waited 11 months, there is a light at the end of the tunnel, not much sense it canceling after all that wait...unless you just don't want the car, which is fine.
That was my first reaction. Now I will wait, it just concerns me what really was wrong with the car. Probably will never know.

Kamuelaflyer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Premium Infinite Blue. ER AWD. 2020 Raptor
Country flag
Cars do get sent back to the factory upon occasion. I recall hearing about it several times during 2021. Sometimes it due to damage that is best handled at the factory as they can simply remove and replace a body panel with a new properly painted one. In this case it might be faster if the parts are down at the factory than having the dealer do it before sale. Push for more information.

OP
OP

scode

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Website
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
My concern was exactly that, what if it were damaged at the Railyard. I am trying to get additional info but no one seems to have the answer,

MikeM67

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 MachE AWD XR (Man 8/25/2022 Del 10/25/2022)
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
Thats crazy. I ordered mine from Phil Long as well (Chapel Hills) Nov 9 so going on 11 months and was told today and it will be another 30 days sitting at the rail yard. I just called the dealer to get an update from their end.

daverp

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
VW ID.4, MME Premium (On order)
Occupation
Software
Country flag
My concern was exactly that, what if it were damaged at the Railyard. I am trying to get additional info but no one seems to have the answer,
You'll probably never know exactly what happened. From what I gather on this forum is your dealer should be able to give you a letter code, which you can then search on here, and that should give you a vague idea of how damaged it was.

It could be just about anything form major to minor. Part of this has to do with regulations. A car could fall off the train and then get hit by the train and as long as Ford puts it back together to factory spec by a factory designee before being transferred to the dealer it can be sold as new without it consider to ever have an issue. If it's transferred to the dealer then they need to disclose the damage and it's considered repaired.

Blue highway

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E Premium SR RWD
Country flag

Or get an upgraded part
Ford Mustang Mach-E Sent Back to Factory Before Delivery??????? attachment-

Wow - That wait sucks.

What would make it worse is jumping back into a new line that is many months long for something else and having the MME arrive in the meantime... I'd line something else up before I cancelled this.

Scooby24

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 MME-GT Star White; '22 MME Prem AWD DGM
Occupation
Perioperative Revenue Manager
Country flag
Wtf!

Why would they ship the whole car back versus just shipping a part to the dealer?

Kamuelaflyer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Premium Infinite Blue. ER AWD. 2020 Raptor
Country flag
Wtf!

Why would they ship the whole car back versus just shipping a part to the dealer?
If it's body damage the factory can match the paint perfectly as well as replace all the various other things that could be needed as a result. And some things are easier at the factory to replace.

OON7

First Name
Evan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Current: 22 GTPE DMG // Previous: 21 Select CG
Country flag
Honestly this sounds like the best case scenario in a bad situation. If they found a bad part or a part was damaged in transit, you'd want it resolved before you got your car. If it is a big enough deal to go back to the factory that likely means it isn't something that would go well with a dealer install. Very much bummed for you, hope it comes back to you quickly!
Sponsored