Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 GT PE Carbonized Grey with Nite Pony package
Occupation
retired
Country flag
Everyone has their limits. Good luck.
Yeah I waited 2.5 years from when I put a deposit down until I got my Lotus Elise. It was worth the wait. I'm late to the game here tho and only ordered in Jan but my wait won't be horribly long. I don't think.
Sponsored

Mach Daddy

First Name
M
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E GT, Land Rover Discovery, F-150 Lightnin
Country flag
I reserved my First Edition on launch day, November 18th 2019. After some production delays, it was built on December 5, 2020. Since then it has been in transit, recalled, in transit again, missing in transit, held without explanation, and now possibly recalled again, as expected delivery dates have come and gone. During this period I have heard next to nothing from Ford Corporate, and next to nothing from my dealer (who I have felt pretty bitter towards, but they have probably been equally in the dark).

Earlier this week, while my car sat in an unspecified hold 30 miles away as the most recent delivery window disappeared in the rearview mirror and a major road trip loomed ahead, my fiancƩe and I scheduled an e-tron test drive. We had a frank discussion about the differences and features that might make up for the $15,000 price gap, and determined that our purchase was still Ford's to lose.

Today we drove the e-tron (premium plus trim), and were impressed by the quality, features, and comfort. The dealer was able to offer us fantastic pre-tax incentives for a car that was on the lot and available to drive home on the spot. (One of seven premium plus trims on the lot, with more of other variants.)

Tomorrow, I will be driving home my new 2021 e-tron premium plus for a lower out-of-pocket cost than the MME GT. The only reason I'm waiting that long is because this was a fact-finding mission and I didn't bring a checkbook.

If anyone in the SF Bay Area is looking for a Grabber Blue First Edition, Towne Ford in Redwood City should have one available soon... or if the unexplained week-and-counting delay is any indication, it may be part of the latest recall. If anyone is looking for a fantastic, straightforward, and surprisingly cost-competitive experience exploring the Audi e-tron, definitely talk to Drew Michaels at Audi Palo Alto.

As I said, our purchase was Ford's to lose, and given the ongoing delays, recalls, and general opacity, they lost it. I hope everyone who is sticking with this has a better experience than we did.
At least itā€™s an EV. But I think yours and othersā€™ experience pushes competitors, Tesla included, to raise their game. Tesla could neglect customer concerns in the past but now we have options and we customers are the winners. I want to see how Tesla will react now to product delays and quality concerns.

I am sticking with my GT. Too good looking and great performance.

Ma9573

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Current: Mach E CA Rte1
Occupation
Sales
Country flag
The incentives on the E-Tron leases make them cheaper than the MME. So in some ways prices are the same.
My plan is definitely to take the Mach E for me, but I was thinking about the ID4 for my wife. But if the E-Tron can get aggressive that might be worth looking at for her. There's definitely a lot of incentives on the Audi website for E-Tron. I'm not sure how many can be combined though. Looks like $519 a month for 36 months with $4400 down after a bunch of credits applied, including a Costco credit. Probably a little higher than we want to spend, but by the time her lease is up in September maybe it'll be even more attractive with the Ionic and Nissan joining the EV mix to provide competition ?

OP
OP
theblueone

theblueone

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Audi e-tron
Country flag
My plan is definitely to take the Mach E for me, but I was thinking about the ID4 for my wife. But if the E-Tron can get aggressive that might be worth looking at for her. There's definitely a lot of incentives on the Audi website for E-Tron. I'm not sure how many can be combined though. Looks like $519 a month for 36 months with $4400 down after a bunch of credits applied, including a Costco credit. Probably a little higher than we want to spend, but by the time her lease is up in September maybe it'll be even more attractive with the Ionic and Nissan joining the EV mix to provide competition ?
It's worth going for a test drive and telling your local dealer that you're in the market for a MME, especially if you're a Costco member. We were able to save further by being ready to buy cash (fortunate to be in that position and no 0% MME offers existed, but Audi has 0% financing as well). When they got to the bottom line were surprised by the cost parity. It's still a bit more, but justified in my mind bey the additional features and peace of mind.

OP
OP
theblueone

theblueone

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Audi e-tron
Country flag
Understand and as Rontcat said. Things are getting worked out. Some dealers and ways will change or they might not last. that goes for any Auto manufacturer.

But also when there are 7 to 10 E-tron on a lot or the same number I-pace. While the mache doesn't last even 3 days. Kinda tells you in general people are seeing where the value is. Just hope ford steps up the communication department.

I would love a job like that!!! ;)
For what it's worth, there were 7 e-trons available because they sell 60 a month at that dealer alone. Ours would have sold to another customer the morning we went to pick it up, had we not put a retainer on it the previous evening. Priced below an MME GT, the value was there for me.

As I've said, I still want the MME to be a smash hit. I just can't put up with the process of getting one anymore (or imagine sourcing replacement parts if there was an issue).

trutolife27

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lincoln mkx , Ford f-150, Mache
Country flag
For what it's worth, there were 7 e-trons available because they sell 60 a month at that dealer alone. Ours would have sold to another customer the morning we went to pick it up, had we not put a retainer on it the previous evening. Priced below an MME GT, the value was there for me.

As I've said, I still want the MME to be a smash hit. I just can't put up with the process of getting one anymore (or imagine sourcing replacement parts if there was an issue).
That's all great. What I'm asking is tell me how it priced below the mache gt? what model e-Tron and how did the price get so low. thanks

Also wow that dealer is the best audi dealer out there. I think there are around 105 audi dealers in the United States. And they sold 5,900 etron last year. So 60 a month that dealer is selling about 13%. Amazing.

I do think the mache already sold that in 2 months?

Opps sorry there are 161 dealers. That dealer is on fireeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee.

Last edited:

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GB E4X FE, Leaf, Tacoma, F-150 Lightning ordered
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag
I reserved my First Edition on launch day, November 18th 2019. After some production delays, it was built on December 5, 2020. Since then it has been in transit, recalled, in transit again, missing in transit, held without explanation, and now possibly recalled again, as expected delivery dates have come and gone. During this period I have heard next to nothing from Ford Corporate, and next to nothing from my dealer (who I have felt pretty bitter towards, but they have probably been equally in the dark).

Earlier this week, while my car sat in an unspecified hold 30 miles away as the most recent delivery window disappeared in the rearview mirror and a major road trip loomed ahead, my fiancƩe and I scheduled an e-tron test drive. We had a frank discussion about the differences and features that might make up for the $15,000 price gap, and determined that our purchase was still Ford's to lose.

Today we drove the e-tron (premium plus trim), and were impressed by the quality, features, and comfort. The dealer was able to offer us fantastic pre-tax incentives for a car that was on the lot and available to drive home on the spot. (One of seven premium plus trims on the lot, with more of other variants.)

Tomorrow, I will be driving home my new 2021 e-tron premium plus for a lower out-of-pocket cost than the MME GT. The only reason I'm waiting that long is because this was a fact-finding mission and I didn't bring a checkbook.

If anyone in the SF Bay Area is looking for a Grabber Blue First Edition, Towne Ford in Redwood City should have one available soon... or if the unexplained week-and-counting delay is any indication, it may be part of the latest recall. If anyone is looking for a fantastic, straightforward, and surprisingly cost-competitive experience exploring the Audi e-tron, definitely talk to Drew Michaels at Audi Palo Alto.

As I said, our purchase was Ford's to lose, and given the ongoing delays, recalls, and general opacity, they lost it. I hope everyone who is sticking with this has a better experience than we did.
My wait hasnā€™t been quite as long as yours, but I feel the exact same way.

Today I put a deposit down on a Polestar 2. Within 2 hours of paying my deposit I had and email from my sales rep at polestar with contact information and I had a 20 minute phone call with her and every one of my questions was answered. The process was made clear. It was clean and simple.

After finding out that my MME is still in Mexico, itā€™s likely Iā€™m moving on as my MME will never make it to Denver in the remaining 20 days in my current window. Iā€™ve been very grateful for everyone in this forums help. Iā€™m just sorry I probably wonā€™t be owning an MME. I just canā€™t stand the way Ford has handled itself communication wise. Issues are to be expected, but this poor of communication is inexcusable.
Sorry to hear we're losing both of you from the Mach E fold but glad you are finding other BEVs that fill your needs. In my book, that's the most important part -- getting off burning fossil fuel!

Plutoman15

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Excursion, Expedition
Country flag
We are still in the game! Was able to finally have a discussion with our dealer about VV report, and the car is on an eastbound train towards Delaware (currently in Eastern PA.) So, in theory the car still has a chance to be at the dealer next week. Though we still need to figure out if we are subject to the stop-ship.

Also, they had a demo Premium AWD ER model that we finally were able to drive. Both me and my wife were able to get behind the wheel and the car is very cool. Plenty fast enough and the 1 pedal driving is easy to get used to (at least for me.) We did hear some wind noise, but we heard the same amount of wind noise in my F150 on the way home. We are also trying to beat the 3/15 deadline to apply for the NJ rebate. It is going to be close!
Curious what palsapp says where your cars is?

Last edited:

Kamuelaflyer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Premium Infinite Blue. ER AWD. 2020 Raptor
Country flag
Curious what palsapp says where hour cars is?
Probably very little. Theyā€™re the trucking company for part of the country. And the public side app doesnā€™t update as it should.

Last edited:

JSOrange97

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford F-150, Chevrolet Suburban K1500
Country flag

Eosin

First Name
Kenny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E Premium
That's all great. What I'm asking is tell me how it priced below the mache gt? what model e-Tron and how did the price get so low. thanks

Also wow that dealer is the best audi dealer out there. I think there are around 105 audi dealers in the United States. And they sold 5,900 etron last year. So 60 a month that dealer is selling about 13%. Amazing.

I do think the mache already sold that in 2 months?

Opps sorry there are 161 dealers. That dealer is on fireeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee.
I'm not sure about your numbers.

Looks like they sold nearly 50,000 in 2020, nearly 10x as many as you thought were sold.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/insideevs.com/news/465756/2020-audi-etron-electric-car-sales/amp/

trutolife27

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I'm not sure about your numbers.

Looks like they sold nearly 50,000 in 2020, nearly 10x as many as you thought were sold.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/insideevs.com/news/465756/2020-audi-etron-electric-car-sales/amp/
My numbers are united states numbers and that is it.

During the year 2020, Audi sold a total of 5,919 e-tron SUVs (up 10%) and 1,283 e-tron Sportbacks (new), which brings us to a total of 7,202 BEVs (up 34% year-over-year).

Cumulatively, Audi sold 12,571 all-electric cars in the U.S.]

anything else their eosin you like you to check? your thoughts are wrong from not reading what I wrote right. ;) cheerio chap.

trutolife27

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Your 2021 e-tronĀ®
Premium Plus quattroĀ® Automatic Transmission

e-thumbnail-exterior.jpg

• MSRP
    $74,800
  • Optional equipment
    $0
  • Destination Charge
    $ 1,095
  • Price as built
    $75,895
that is black paint and no other add ons. Sorry but that is 16,000 more than the mache gt. I don't see it being sold for a 16,000 loss. Also 20,000 more than the prem mache.

ARK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E
Country flag
Your 2021 e-tronĀ®
Premium Plus quattroĀ® Automatic Transmission

Ford Mustang Mach-E So long, it's been fun. e-thumbnail-exterior

• MSRP
    $74,800
  • Optional equipment
    $0
  • Destination Charge
    $ 1,095
  • Price as built
    $75,895
that is black paint and no other add ons. Sorry but that is 16,000 more than the mache gt. I don't see it being sold for a 16,000 loss. Also 20,000 more than the prem mache.
Performance wise, the Premium AWD SR is closest with the e-tron. It is 5.2 0-60 for the MME AWD SR vs 5.3 on a 2019 e-tron C&D tested. 211 miles of range for the AWD SR vs 222 for the 2021 e-tron.

Premium AWD SR MME is about $51,000 vs $76,000 for the Premium Plus e-tron, that is a very large difference of $25,000, or about 149% of the cost of the most similar Mach-E.

To be fair, the difference drops to $16,000 when comparing the $51,000 Premium AWD SR MME to the base $67,000 e-tron (also called a Premium), I think this is the closest, reasonable comparison.

But still, the comparison isnā€™t so reasonable because the e-tron is in a different, more lux category. Especially the Premium Plus that OP bought, he legitimately is getting much more car but is also paying a ā€˜premium plusā€™ price for that privilege compared to the most similar Mach-E - true with any luxury product, arenā€™t getting it for the value proposition.

Mach-E GT should be compared to e-tron S when it comes out, which my guess is will probably start in the mid-80Ks and have Premium Plus as the lowest trim. That would mean a price difference of $20-$25K compared to the MME GT.

troublebot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME Premium EXT AWD, Infinite Blue
Occupation
Industrial Design & Mechanical Engineering
Country flag
I'm still very early in the process (reserved Feb 1) and already a little chapped and have had nowhere near the experience that some of you all did here.

My general story was that I placed a reservation through the Ford website with a dealership nearby (Autonation), got a call from the one person at the whole dealership that appears to be allowed to discuss the Mach-E, but I missed the call. I immediately called back, no answer. Called back later, left voicemail. Called back the next day, etc. etc. etc. for weeks and couldn't get the guy on the phone.

I called Five Star Ford (who I should have ordered through to begin with) and was able to talk to someone on the Ford Performance side in minutes, they said they could take over the reservation but I needed to call Ford Marketing to transfer it over. I called Ford, and they said Autonation had already converted the reservation to an order and that I'd have to have them switch it... except I couldn't get ahold of the guy in the first place. I complained about that fact and the Ford Marketing person on the phone basically verbally shrugged.

Meanwhile while all this was going on, the Autonation guy happened to actually call me back. I opted to keep the order with them for now just because I was really kind of done with the hassle, but I'm really unimpressed so far and ready to drop my Mach-E order and just grab a used Model Y off Carvana or something. The Teslas feel too much like an "appliance" to me than a car, but getting in one will be 1000x easier.
Sponsored