So many issues with Mach-E? A bit disappointed!

BlueMach

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E First Edition
Country flag
Well, someone from Ford should step out and tell all MME buyers that they knew all these issues and here's the timeframe of fixing them, no matter by OTA or dealer. And all the cars hasn't been delivered will not have such issues. Otherwise they'll see more cancellation.

At least in Vancouver, there's no need to pre-order MME, many of them been cancelled and we can buy it from dealer at price lower than MSRP, I knew it because I talked to a dealer nearby, and the MME is sitting in the parking lot, unfortunately not the colour I want. My guess is ppl switched to Tesla, especially the standard range one.
I really am disappointed by the lack of transparency from Ford. Truly I am.

There needs to be an official issue tracker like game devs use, where users post issues and the devs actually track how they will be addressed so everyone knows the status, the roadmap, etc.
Sponsored

GoosePond08

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Fusion Hybrid
Country flag
Where are our tracker gurus? Maybe just add a new column onto the tracker for deliveries for "issues list"... and how many miles issues free lol

jksu

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach-E Premium STD RWD Shadow Black
Country flag
love mine.

- no dead 12v battery
- no noise from screen
- no reduction in speed
- haven’t needed EA
- paak works although could work better... always the fob but i like not needing it

With such a small numbers of delivery so far, there's already so many issues, seems the percentage is way too high?!
12v battery dead;
noise from the screen;
reduced speed on the road ( drive unit fail?)
PAAK not working properly;
charging speed on EA;

This really make me hesitate should I go with MME or should I wait, even after all the delay, Ford still have lots of HW and SW problems to be solved.

JellyBelly

First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME RR FE
Country flag
Not in the slightest, for me anyway.

I don't even want to go to the dealer to pick the car up, let alone to bring it back for service. I ordered Mach-E on the promise of an all-online purchase experience (not ready yet), PAAK (not working reliably yet), 150 kW DCFC (no preconditioning yet, so not really existent yet), and full OTA capability (not working yet, hence the "bring it back to the dealer" update FSA from last week).

I'm nervous about buying this car. I'm getting really really nervous.

If the trains would have sped up maybe I wouldn't be panicking and I'd have the car by now.
I am nervous but not canceling after all the emotional investment.... :). But thinking of mitigation’s in case I run into them. Trains are somewhere abd hope the recent weather does further delay

First Edition

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach E - Failure To Launch Edition
Country flag
Even if these events were related to just a small number of vehicles, it has shed light on some ignorant and overconfident design principles that are in place. It's clear that their intent was to build a vehicle to be as much idiot proof as they could make it. They are essentially conveying thoughts like this:
  • "Everything is taken care of for you. The Mach-E is so good, you don't need to worry about anything".
  • "There's no need for you to access your 12v battery. You won't need to. We've got it. We're protecting you from getting injured".
  • "You don't need 2 fobs because of PaaK & keypad. Those fancy technologies are as reliable as a fob, right?".
  • "No need to know how fast your car is charging or any other stat for that matter because that's just OCD. Remember, we've got it all taken care of. If you notice DC fast charging taking longer to complete, you're just impatient. Trust us, it's all within spec as designed".
That kind of logic might fly if they had their $#!% together and everything just worked. But, in the real world, that ain't gonna happen - even Apple can't achieve that.

For those of us who are engineers, this goes against our intuition. We want to have a place to read the 'vitals'. We want to learn what the baseline is so that we can more easily recognize when something is going down or to compare with others to help trouble-shoot. And they have all of this information at their disposal and won't share it with us.
Agree 100%. A lot of very, very poor decisions made by the engineers.

Thopter

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Specialized Turbo Creo SL Expert EVO
Country flag
Every car guy in the world will tell you not to buy the first model year of a vehicle.

Being an early adopter comes with bragging rights, but it’s also gonna come with problems that even the finest engineer cannot foresee. I would certainly include sitting in a lot due to a pandemic as one of them.

Curious to see the resolutions for the issues you OG owners are encountering.

JSOrange97

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford F-150, Chevrolet Suburban K1500
Country flag
I am nervous but not canceling after all the emotional investment.... :). But thinking of mitigation’s in case I run into them. Trains are somewhere abd hope the recent weather does further delay
Nerves are working overtime here... starting to second-guess big time, only because this is a car for my wife and I really don’t want to see her stranded anywhere. That’s happened enough with our older cars.

AllenXS

First Name
Allen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Premium Blue ER AWD
Country flag
Well, someone from Ford should step out and tell all MME buyers that they knew all these issues and here's the timeframe of fixing them, no matter by OTA or dealer. And all the cars hasn't been delivered will not have such issues. Otherwise they'll see more cancellation.

At least in Vancouver, there's no need to pre-order MME, many of them been cancelled and we can buy it from dealer at price lower than MSRP, I knew it because I talked to a dealer nearby, and the MME is sitting in the parking lot, unfortunately not the colour I want. My guess is ppl switched to Tesla, especially the standard range one.
That explains why the dealer tried to say my FE hasnt shown up on the production list yet and would I like a red premium. Which is what I actually prefer.

BlueMach

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E First Edition
Country flag
Even if these events were related to just a small number of vehicles, it has shed light on some ignorant and overconfident design principles that are in place. It's clear that their intent was to build a vehicle to be as much idiot proof as they could make it. They are essentially conveying thoughts like this:
  • "Everything is taken care of for you. The Mach-E is so good, you don't need to worry about anything".
  • "There's no need for you to access your 12v battery. You won't need to. We've got it. We're protecting you from getting injured".
  • "You don't need 2 fobs because of PaaK & keypad. Those fancy technologies are as reliable as a fob, right?".
  • "No need to know how fast your car is charging or any other stat for that matter because that's just OCD. Remember, we've got it all taken care of. If you notice DC fast charging taking longer to complete, you're just impatient. Trust us, it's all within spec as designed".
That kind of logic might fly if they had their $#!% together and everything just worked. But, in the real world, that ain't gonna happen - even Apple can't achieve that.

For those of us who are engineers, this goes against our intuition. We want to have a place to read the 'vitals'. We want to learn what the baseline is so that we can more easily recognize when something is going down or to compare with others to help trouble-shoot. And they have all of this information at their disposal and won't share it with us.
I agree with a lot of that.

People tolerate Apple's arrogance because their products "just work." They accept the App Store walled garden, the deletion of ports they were still using, etc. etc. because "it just works" - and that's actually true.

I'm more like the "tinker with it yourself" Linux user on a desktop PC I built myself. I understand there might be issues, but it's OK because I see all the guts exposed and I went in understanding it might be unstable.

The worst of both worlds is putting a user like me into a dumbed down experience that is supposed to "just work" but then doesn't.

Show us the battery temp and we'll understand slow charging.
Show us the DCFC rate so we'll understand what's going on.

I bet these are the kinds of engineers that would remove the speedometer and replace it with a "time to destination" meter - after all, why should you care how fast you're getting there, as long as you know you'll get there on time? All that abstraction makes sense until you're explaining to the officer why you just needed to average 45 MPH to get to your meeting on time, why should it matter whether it's on the interstate or past an elementary school during drop-off.

DBC

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Volt ELR
Country flag
They are essentially conveying thoughts like this:
Very much agree with this. Lots of hubris. At least they didn't think they could implement gull wing doors!

The counterpoint is the MME is unbelievable. Truly outstanding. The few people who have driven BEVs and who have driven the MME (COVID makes things difficult) have been blown away.

So the question is: Does some undeserved swag empower you to push the envelope and develop something special?

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GB E4X FE, Leaf, Tacoma, F-150 Lightning ordered
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag
@hybrid2bev said it best - you're seeing a disproportionate quantity of "issues" because they're concentrated here on this forum. How many people have their car with no complaints? The vast majority, and they're not posting anything here. Don't fall victim to confirmation bias.
There lots of great threads here about the great cars people have received. However, attention is being paid to the problems, thus more posts on these. People worry.

Remember the old adage from newspapers: If it bleeds, it leads.

Mine is in the shop now for diagnostics after my LVB died for no apparent reason. I'm still committed to this car and have great faith Ford will make it right.

The other thing to remember:
Ford Mustang Mach-E So many issues with Mach-E? A bit disappointed! curve copy.JPG

There are always more issues at the bleeding edge of technology.

solarmoo900

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MachE AWD ER
Country flag
There lots of great threads here about the great cars people have received. However, attention is being paid to the problems, thus more posts on these. People worry.

Remember the old adage from newspapers: If it bleeds, it leads.

Mine is in the shop now for diagnostics after my LVB died for no apparent reason. I'm still committed to this car and have great faith Ford will make it right.

The other thing to remember:

Attention is being paid to the problems because so far nearly every post about car arrivals has had some problem (whether dealer or car related)

I don't mind being on the bleeding edge of technology, but with a car you figured things would be a bit better then having to worry about being stranded in a snow storm (https://www.macheforum.com/site/threads/mme-strands-me-in-a-blizzard.3494/#post-108863) or nearly being in a terribly accident (the post where the car just stopped driving)

sockmeister

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E4x
Occupation
SW Engineer
Country flag
Absolutely Ford employees are monitoring and sometimes posting on this site. If you pay attention, you know who some of them are. Others are less overt, but there is absolutely a great deal of focus on the success of the Mach E, and getting the pulse of customers.

To paraphrase the famous axiom: "No plan survives first contact with the customers".

This stuff will get figured out and fixed, and you can bet lots of Ford engineers are very busy right now.
For sure -- I meant specifically those Ford employees who are the engineers directly related to the Mach-E. The others you mention have become quite well known, but I don't think they are directly working on this project (unless I am mistaken!).
I do think there is one employee who is involved with the Sync4A software who posted a couple weeks ago, asking for feedback.

Last edited:

supertramp

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2010 Honda Pilot,2012 Honda Civic,Premium std rwd
Country flag
Bleeding edge? What is "bleeding" about this technology? Maybe only for Ford as many others do it for many years.

It just boggles how much crap was said and still continues about Tesla quality. And Tesla produced 500K cars only last year. And I do not think we have even 10K MMEs sold - it seriously concerning and disappointing :(
Sponsored