So many issues with Mach-E? A bit disappointed!

jhalkias

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 RR ME FE, '22 Corsair GT, '22 Lightning Lariat
Occupation
Benefit Fund Administrator
Country flag
I really am disappointed by the lack of transparency from Ford. Truly I am.

There needs to be an official issue tracker like game devs use, where users post issues and the devs actually track how they will be addressed so everyone knows the status, the roadmap, etc.
I am buying a car, not a video game, and I am not a developer. The vast majority of buyers are like me - and I even consider myself a bit geeky, but not that geeky. People who would ever dive in this deep are an edge case IMO, and Ford is not going to spend time doing all that for a small percentage of buyers beyond what they do with other vehicles.

Every car guy in the world will tell you not to buy the first model year of a vehicle.

Being an early adopter comes with bragging rights, but it’s also gonna come with problems that even the finest engineer cannot foresee. I would certainly include sitting in a lot due to a pandemic as one of them.

Curious to see the resolutions for the issues you OG owners are encountering.
? I know what I signed up for and can't lose any sleep over this stuff. I decided to buy a Ford because I trust them to resolve issues like this, and I still do. It will get sorted out.

I, for one, and still excited to get an all electric vehicle from an automaker I have known and trusted for many years.

DaveQ

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E4X, HR-V, Insight, Maserati Levante S
Country flag
Right. It really seems to be these two separate but related issues. Vampire drain is not all that uncommon, but the HVB failing to keep the LVB charged is surprising, and clearly not working as intended. The HVB is supposed to engage the DC to DC converter to charge the LVB as needed, even if the car is not plugged in.
Even Ford CEO indicated in one of his videos that the 12v battery would be maintained by the HVB

Musbie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E
Country flag
Given the responses from current owners that have had no issues and owners with problems and assuming that many forum members are not chiming in, it would be interesting to see how many owners are having problems vs owners with no problems. I can't tell if it's a few or most with some kind of problem.

generaltso

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME Premium AWD SR Infinite Blue
Country flag
Even Ford CEO indicated in one of his videos that the 12v battery would be maintained by the HVB
Right, it's supposed to. But that's not working as intended for some reason. Maybe the LVB is draining faster than the DC to DC converter can keep up with. Or maybe it's just not kicking on when it should. We really don't know, but Ford will figure it out.

GoosePond08

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Fusion Hybrid
Country flag
Given the responses from current owners that have had no issues and owners with problems and assuming that many forum members are not chiming in, it would be interesting to see how many owners are having problems vs owners with no problems. I can't tell if it's a few or most with some kind of problem.
@ChasingCoral time to make another one of your trackers!!! lol

agoldman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GT Cyber Orange
Country flag
As soon as Ford says we know what's up and we can fix it, I'm calm about the purchase. It will be very telling for the experience of owning and servicing this car, as to when and how this happens.

ok this tesla forum post below made me feel a little better about the MME, although some of the issues sound very familiar. Mabe they are just common to all electric vehicles to some extent:

Model Y Problems

2 days with Car and the miles are not as advertised a charge of 292 only lasts 220 going 70 to 80 MPG cruise control and less in city traffic

Window rolled down at night, discovered this the next morning as I went to drive the car. It rolled down the next day as well. The passenger restraint system fault on Day 2 with car.

Camera Stopped working and screen went black

Miles is averaging 200-225 on 306 charge and driving very conservative 70MPH speed limit and speed limit or 5 miles above trying to regen as often as possible and keeping the gray as small as possible and slow acceleration.

The bluetooth stopped working today.
The tesla iphone key keeps working to not working.

phone will not work as bluetooth does not connect to car speakers or mic.

I called day 2 to report these issues and was not scheduled till 2 weeks later and was told they would possibly keep the car 2 - 3 days if needed. and transport may or may not be possible.

When I bought the car and was told they were prepping the car they did not charge it it had 150 mils till empty.

and: My model 3 goes like half as far and costs the same as a 16mpg car in winter. It's not great. They don't really tell people this. Yea I know he has a Y but it's same idea.

Last edited:

First Edition

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach E - Failure To Launch Edition
Country flag

wareagle1440

First Name
Clay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 Mini Countryman & 2021 Mach E Ex.R. AWD
Occupation
Civil Plaintiff's Attorney
Country flag
I am buying a car, not a video game, and I am not a developer. The vast majority of buyers are like me - and I even consider myself a bit geeky, but not that geeky. People who would ever dive in this deep are an edge case IMO, and Ford is not going to spend time doing all that for a small percentage of buyers beyond what they do with other vehicles.

? I know what I signed up for and can't lose any sleep over this stuff. I decided to buy a Ford because I trust them to resolve issues like this, and I still do. It will get sorted out.

I, for one, and still excited to get an all electric vehicle from an automaker I have known and trusted for many years.
My wife reminded me about this last night. That i said I never do buy first generation vehicles for this reason. It was a nice reminder that I made my own bed and I knew the risks.

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GB E4X FE, Leaf, Tacoma, F-150 Lightning ordered
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag
Right, it's supposed to. But that's not working as intended for some reason. Maybe the LVB is draining faster than the DC to DC converter can keep up with. Or maybe it's just not kicking on when it should. We really don't know, but Ford will figure it out.
The DC-DC inverter is supposed to operate at up to about 1.9kW. That would be a HUGE vampire drain. It's more likely the DC-DC inverter isn't kicking in.

wareagle1440

First Name
Clay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 Mini Countryman & 2021 Mach E Ex.R. AWD
Occupation
Civil Plaintiff's Attorney
Country flag
So what bothers me about this is not that you list all the problems. That's a good thing. But you fail to put those problems, repeatedly in multiple threads, into proper context of how many people each individual problem affects, which is a bad thing. We know there are 4-5 people the LVB seems to causing problems. What that extrapolates to statistically I couldn't tell you. BUt I doubt it reaches a critical number to be deemed a big problem. If hypothetically there are 5,000 MME on the road and say 10% are having one or more of these problems, then it's not that big a deal percentage wise. If it's say 50%, then yeah, you've got quite Q&D problems. Context matters.

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GB E4X FE, Leaf, Tacoma, F-150 Lightning ordered
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag

supertramp

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2010 Honda Pilot,2012 Honda Civic,Premium std rwd
Country flag
Tesla is 12 years in Ford is what 3 months in. You can't compare Ford to Tesla that way(EV).
You mean Ford is starting from scratch? You mean they were totally non-interested in other companies cars and technologies all these 12 years? You mean they didn't produce any other EV and PHEVs?

It would be similar to if some other company started making cars and its first model would be something similar to Ford Model T and they would call it ground-braking and bleeding edge only because they just started making cars and its their first !

So many people are cheering up but I wonder if any of those people had their Mach E stuck in the cold ice rainy night, not moving - would their optimism shifted a little bit? Yes, I know, I hope I will be one of those whose new MME will not have any problems, but I also cannot exclude me being stuck with non-moving brand new vehicle in the darkness of icy cold rain. And that's mostly why I sound nervous :)
Sponsored