Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E Premium AWD ER
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
Why aren't you claiming the lemon law and buying a new car instead? 2 months is not acceptable
don’t you actually have to wait until the time passes before you can claim that?
Sponsored

Ford Motor Company

Official Ford Account
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E
Country flag
Thought I might be one of the lucky ones and not have any issues. Wrong!

Car is now in turtle mode w/ Service Vehicle Soon on screen. Range dropped from 300 to 240. Plugged my OBD2 scanner in just out of curiosity. Got code P0024. That returns nothing from a search.

Tow truck is on its way. Ford dealer is telling me no loaners and no rentals available. Said I can rent a car on my own, but will only be reimbursed if I rent another Ford. Anyone know if thats true? Going to be difficult to do that.

At least they can take care of the PAAK recall while its there...

Happy Happy joy joy!
Hi there, Michael. I'd like to look into this on my end. Can you send us a direct message with your VIN?

Maquis

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach E4X, 2023 Lightning Lariat ER
Country flag
Why aren't you claiming the lemon law and buying a new car instead? 2 months is not acceptable
So instead of 2 months for a battery, wait 6 months for a new car? ?

Kamuelaflyer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Premium Infinite Blue. ER AWD. 2020 Raptor
Country flag
I got that stupid turtle icon yesterday. If I’m going to need a new battery pack and be without a vehicle (because my dealership doesn’t have anything available right now at all) I’m literally about to burst into tears. ?? I’ve only had this car for 2 weeks and one of those I was out of town. It literally has 600 miles on it! ?
Not all turtle icons are due to battery issues. Some are firmware related and others might be transitory.

Let the car sit for a good long time (hours and hours) with the power off, if you haven't done so, then turn it back on and see what happens when you repower. Reach out to @Ford Motor Company as well as your dealer if the problem stays around.

TruWrecks

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E Star White Premium AWD Ext (Ghost Stallion)
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Lemon laws vary from state to state. In Oregon you need to give the dealer 3 tries to correct an issue and there is a limit on mileage, not the age of a vehicle. There are other stipulations but those are the important ones.

I would reach out to @Ford Motor Company and see if they can help you get this resolved faster, They are a great resource and will get you to the correct people.

LadyGator

First Name
Brittany
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E, Ext. Range
Country flag
Sad to hear this, how many miles are on it?

Feel free to pressure Ford to expedite your replacement, has worked for others.
How does one pressure Ford? I'm in Texas got the power train, electrical system warning. Was told by dealer that I need the entire HV battery replaced and am now going on 2 weeks since they placed their order for the battery. They said they still don't know what happened with the battery,, although I'm thing it was a hot parking lot and 100+ degree Temps. Dealer stated they haven't heard anything since batteries are on back order. Thanks!

OP
OP

katumba1

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME Infinite Blue, 2018 Expedition
Country flag
Well, after almost 2 months, looks like I'm getting my car back soon. Got a notice last night to my phone that my 'battery is @ 100%'. So, good news! Dealer says it should be ready today.

zvez

First Name
chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 GT PE Carbonized Grey with Nite Pony package
Occupation
retired
Country flag
Well, after almost 2 months, looks like I'm getting my car back soon. Got a notice last night to my phone that my 'battery is @ 100%'. So, good news! Dealer says it should be ready today.
I just can't conceive of ford or a dealer accepting a customer car sitting for two months or more. that's crazy. TO me this seems like a hair on fire emergency, certainly because this would make lemon law a reasonable possibility for customers to use in these instances.

azerik

First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Spacey Prem4x, '21 RX450H, 13 Focus EV
Occupation
DevSecOps, General PITA
Country flag
2 MONTHS???? Not to be a downer here, but did they have these kinds of problems and delays with their other EVs?

I'd hate to equip an EV work truck and then be told it's got a bad cell, you can't use it for work for 2 months.
Yes. One of my FocusEv's (My current) had the battery go out at 43k. It took 2.5 months to get a new pack (they pulled it from a car on the line supposedly) 2 days to install it and have it fail, another 3.5 months to get another pack and a week to install it. I was on a Flex for almost 7 months. It's not uncommon for pretty much any other than Tesla. Kia's Soul was a bad one for batteries (according to service people in AZ)
Sponsored