Sorry FordPass is not responding, try again later

unfaulted

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E Premium AWD SR
Country flag
My wife has been using PaaK for a while now but got this "Sorry" message this afternoon when she opened FordPass. The FordPass app shows a TOS update but when she clicks accept, just gets a red message at the top saying "Sorry, FordPass is not responding. Please try again later." She was able to use the key code and backup password to get in the car and drive home...
We compared her app's behavior with my phone and it was doing the same thing. TOS update and Sorry try again message. I uninstalled the FordPass app and reinstalled it but now at the login screen it just tells me "Sorry, something's not right. Please contact a FordGuide and we'll get this sorted out"
I tried logging in to the Ford website but everywhere there's a Sign In button it just kicks me back to the previous page without signing me in

Anyone else see this before? All Ford's "live chat operators are assisting other customers" whenever I try to start a chat for help.
Wish their app was better, loving everything else about the car so far
Sponsored

Reactions: UW2

breeves002

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E GT PE
Country flag
Second thread I've seen on this. The service is down for everyone as of 11am-12pm CST.

benk016

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E GT
Country flag
We are having issues with Most Microsoft services including azure at work right now. Its possible Ford is affected by this outage as well.

machefan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
RR FE 21', Leaf 18' and Bronco BadLands 2022
Occupation
IT
Country flag
We are having issues with Most Microsoft services including azure at work right now. Its possible Ford is affected by this outage as well.
Yup, looks big but might not be related?

ED559CD0-949D-40AB-B15C-2E200DB58EEC.png

benk016

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E GT
Country flag
Yup, looks big but might not be related?

Ford Mustang Mach-E Sorry FordPass is not responding, try again later ED559CD0-949D-40AB-B15C-2E200DB58EEC
Ford definitely uses Azure as part of their back-end. I don't know how much of it relies on azure, but I know all the sync update files come directly out of azure storage. So Its probably a pretty safe bet that the services for FordPass are in azure as well.

machefan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
RR FE 21', Leaf 18' and Bronco BadLands 2022
Occupation
IT
Country flag
Ford definitely uses Azure as part of their back-end. I don't know how much of it relies on azure, but I know all the sync update files come directly out of azure storage. So Its probably a pretty safe bet that the services for FordPass are in azure as well.
No offense to the MS fan club, but that’s scary if relying on PAAK? Will have to wait and see the outcome. Would folks have to use the key codes in this instance?

OP
OP
unfaulted

unfaulted

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E Premium AWD SR
Country flag
Ok, good to know it's not just us I guess. Could be some issue with their authentication server which would explain why the website and app are both down. Not much to do if there's a service provider outage but it's a bummer when they're putting so many eggs in that basket...

No offense to the MS fan club, but that’s scary if relying on PAAK? Will have to wait and see the outcome. Would folks have to use the key codes in this instance?
Our keycode worked fine, it's just the app that was acting up. Although I do think my wife is convinced to take the FOB now at least until we get an OTA

benk016

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E GT
Country flag
Ok, good to know it's not just us I guess. Could be some issue with their authentication server which would explain why the website and app are both down. Not much to do if there's a service provider outage but it's a bummer when they're putting so many eggs in that basket...

Our keycode worked fine, it's just the app that was acting up. Although I do think my wife is convinced to take the FOB now at least until we get an OTA

The backup codes should continue to work as that is stored in the vehicle computer. But I'd be willing to bet making changes to it would not work right now since it can't communicate back to ford to verify the change.

Jimmy2

First Name
Jimmy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 MME Premium 4EX; 23 MME GTPE Vapor Blue Met
Country flag

Yep, if that happens to my wife, just once, I better be handing her my FOB or spending money to buy another.

SnBGC

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E FE, 2021 Wrangler 4xe High Altitude
Occupation
Manager
Country flag
I had no clue FordPass was offline because I logged out of mine several days ago.
Glad I have my fob with me.

SnBGC

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E FE, 2021 Wrangler 4xe High Altitude
Occupation
Manager
Country flag
Yep, if that happens to my wife, just once, I better be handing her my FOB or spending money to buy another.
True. Happened to my wife......once. She doesn't want anything to do with PaaK and then proceeded to lecture me on buying a car that only works for me. That was a difficult conversation. :rolleyes:
Sponsored