Stang68

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Grabber Blue Mustang Mach E GT Performance
Country flag
A friend just bought a new Polestar 2, and was told he will have to bring the car back when they get the chip for his kick-to-open tailgate.
At least they’re doing that for them, doesn’t seem like Ford will install it at all.

jglor

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Premium Dark Matter Gray RWD Mach-E
Country flag
Maybe I hit the button. Who knows? I like it but if the option cost $$’s, I would’ve passed.
My head might just not have provided enough resistance. I moved it pretty quickly after getting hit. Don't really feel like testing it with my head again.

KevinS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E (sold), 2023 Ioniq 6 SEL
Country flag
I've been meaning to turn this feature off. Damned neighborhood cats. Thanks for the reminder.

Kamuelaflyer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Premium Infinite Blue. ER AWD. 2020 Raptor
Country flag
I wave my cane to open and wave my cane to close. It’s real convenient for us seniors.

And yes, it does stop when it closes on the top of my head when I was testing it.
I had a total knee replacement 30 days ago. I tried the cane wave or poke. Doesn’t work for me. So I just push the button.

Kamuelaflyer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Wow. Wait until people also see that the 2022 Premium is not going to have the acoustic laminate glass either.

Ford Mustang Mach-E SSM 50415: Hands-Free Liftgate Deleted from 2022 Mach-E built on/after Jan 3 {filename}

Ford Mustang Mach-E SSM 50415: Hands-Free Liftgate Deleted from 2022 Mach-E built on/after Jan 3 {filename}
Yup.

That’s the other change I was rather vague about earlier.

Im betting supply issues here as well.

RMoore

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi Q5, Toyota Sienna, 2022 Mach e
Country flag
Maybe they’ll bring back this feature, and the acoustic glass, for MY23. Given what’s been going on it would not shock me if my Oct order for a ‘22 gets converted to a ‘23…

FullyCharged

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘22 MME Premium AWD ER (ordered)
Occupation
Supply Chain
Country flag
I’ve never had the lift gate feature so not likely to miss it. Dozens of news articles about features going missing across many major car brands due to chip shortages. Tesla redesigned electronics to use available chips as an alternative approach but I totally get this is not always going to be possible.

I definitely don’t like buying a car with a specified feature set then being told it’s been removed… I‘d expect compensation in some form regardless if it is relatively modest.

Acoustic glass is a bit more concerning to me. I’ll definitely be doing some forum research on anyone’s experience between Selects and CR1 vs Premium and GT models. For anyone who was also wondering where this news was coming from, you can see it by comparing the order guides. Looks like it was not just Premiums that lost it… everyone who had it lost it including GT and GTPE.

https://www.macheforum.com/site/thr...-order-guide-updated-monthly-u-s-canada.9833/

Last edited:

Malacandra

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E Premium RWD ER, DMG
Occupation
Web Development Director
Country flag
Wow. Wait until people also see that the 2022 Premium is not going to have the acoustic laminate glass either.

The chips that power the acoustic laminate glass are incredibly hard to find these days.

Kamuelaflyer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
The chips that power the acoustic laminate glass are incredibly hard to find these days.
In all seriousness, there are supply shortage for most everything. Tried to find cat food lately? It’d not surprise me at all if the acoustic glass was dropped due to supply issues. Disappointing nonetheless.

RedDragon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Mach E AWD Premium Ext Bat - Rapid Red
Country flag
Was the acoustic laminate glass something that was always deleted from 22s, or is that a recent delete?

sdespain

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-e (Premium AWD ER)
Country flag
Yup.

That’s the other change I was rather vague about earlier.

Im betting supply issues here as well.
Was this a feature of the front windshield and front windows? Is it gone from both for 2022?

FullyCharged

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Supply Chain
Country flag

FullyCharged

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Supply Chain
Country flag
Was this a feature of the front windshield and front windows? Is it gone from both for 2022?
The feature was for the front row seats only. It was the glass for the door windows on the side of the driver and passenger.

ChuckA

First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘21 MME Premium AWD ER in Infinite Blue
Occupation
Accountant-Retired
Country flag
I had a total knee replacement 30 days ago. I tried the cane wave or poke. Doesn’t work for me. So I just push the button.
I sweep it from left to right. You must have the PaaK or keyfob with you for it to work.
Sponsored