Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E FE, 2021 Wrangler 4xe High Altitude
Occupation
Manager
Country flag
Ok driving around more using nav: I can see when the blue bar pops up "on purpose" as it will stick when the main screen is showing some nav information (like get in the right two lanes).

When it isn't supposed to be up, however, is when it flashes occasionally.
Sounds like a glitch because mine doesn't flash at all and it's not random.
I wonder what happens if you turn off "Junction View"??

Ford Mustang Mach-E Strange Blue bar while using NAV 1615151368756
Sponsored

SnBGC

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Manager
Country flag
When that blue bar appears, look to your right on the big display. It means there is some information you need to see, like upcoming off ramp. If you click the X in the pop-up on the big display the blue bar will go away.
So that X is a toggle. Click to expand or click to reduce?
I keep mine expanded......maybe that is why I see the blue bar during those times?

jdsimard2012

First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E
Country flag
So that X is a toggle. Click to expand or click to reduce?
I keep mine expanded......maybe that is why I see the blue bar during those times?
If you see the blue bar just look at the center display and you will see additional info regarding your destination or upcoming directions. Once the directions are executed or you X out the bar disappears.

SnBGC

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Manager
Country flag
If you see the blue bar just look at the center display and you will see additional info regarding your destination or upcoming directions. Once the directions are executed or you X out the bar disappears.
Okay cool. That answers my question. Yes, I always get that more detailed view in the main screen which I utilize. And it makes sense now that you say it because I always use NAV fully expanded. Sounds like if I didn't have it expanded then I wouldn't see that supplemental graphic.

?

benk016

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E GT
Country flag
I get thats what it probably should be going off for. But that's not the case, at least in my car.

Sitting in my garage, it still randomly flashes. I'm not passing any intersections, no info on the main screen to look over at. Just random. It doesn't happen as much sitting in one spot. It took a few minutes for it to happen but every few minutes, it does flash up for me. I just went out right now to take this pic.

Ford Mustang Mach-E Strange Blue bar while using NAV 20210307_224217

milepost1

First Name
harold
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Carbonizied gray - FE
Occupation
retired
Country flag
I get thats what it probably should be going off for. But that's not the case, at least in my car.

Sitting in my garage, it still randomly flashes. I'm not passing any intersections, no info on the main screen to look over at. Just random. It doesn't happen as much sitting in one spot. It took a few minutes for it to happen but every few minutes, it does flash up for me. I just went out right now to take this pic.

Has anyone asked ford what it means?

OP
OP
JamieGeek

JamieGeek

Threads
Reaction score
Website
spareelectrons.wordpress.com
Vehicles
Mach-E, old: Bolt, C-Max Energi, Focus Electric
Country flag

I think it’s meaning is known now. Except on @benk016 ’s car.
And my car: that is the exact behavior I've been experiencing.

Blanked

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME FE , 2003 Ford Excursion EB 4x4
Country flag
And my car: that is the exact behavior I've been experiencing.
May be the GPS position while in the Garage makes the CAR think it 'hops' around and thus the NAV is updating it's next steps

benk016

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E GT
Country flag
May be the GPS position while in the Garage makes the CAR think it 'hops' around and thus the NAV is updating it's next steps
It does the same thing while driving around. Just more often.

SnBGC

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Manager
Country flag

That does not seem normal. Strange glitch in the software I suspect.

generaltso

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME Premium AWD SR Infinite Blue
Country flag

Is it normal for the car to think the speed limit in your garage is 65mph?

benk016

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E GT
Country flag
Is it normal for the car to think the speed limit in your garage is 65mph?
This is the first time I saw this. I was messing around with the GPS and tried the GPS demo mode. It took the route I had and made it look like I was driving it. Tried to see if that would make the blue bar appear for turns or anything and it didn't. But I think when it hit the highway that's when the speed limit sign showed up and didn't go away after I turned it off.
Sponsored