Zule
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21' Job1 P4X MME, 22' MYP
Occupation
Implementation Engineer
Country flag
Sleazy dealers are doing anything and everything to extract the ADM from customers or get legitimate customer orders to cancel so they can get it from new walk-in‘s given the demand. If they do this to me I’d abandon Ford permenently, this is afterall my first and only experience with them as a company.

BMT1071

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 MME SR RWD, 23 MME GTPE
Occupation
Regional Service Manager
Country flag
Then Sunnyvale Ford must sell at that price, and if they participate in X-Plan, they must honor it too.

F those guys. Get your car!
Just to clarify, they're asking for $60k?

RW Journey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford MME FE
Country flag
Then Sunnyvale Ford must sell at that price, and if they participate in X-Plan, they must honor it too.

F those guys. Get your car!
That looks and sounds like an "agreed upon price". The dealership model has always been sketchy and direct selling is better in this situation. The sad part is, some dealerships will actually get away with this. Ford should step in at some point but will they? Who knows

DanCoon

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach-E Premium
Occupation
Government
Country flag
If they have one on the lot go to Mission Valley Ford nearby.... that's where I bought my car. Talk to Dean Bishop. Hands down was the best dealership experience I've ever had.

‘64 GTO

First Name
Joan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘64GTO, ‘73 280Z,’ 92 Miata, 2004 PT Cruiser
Occupation
Ret. Financial Advisor
Country flag
I picked up my new car last Friday. During the closing process a finance guy walked up with a piece of paper with $4000 scratchd out and $1998 written down. I said what is this and he said dealer mark up! I said oh no it’s not. He said car is in great demand and that they were marking it up. I said again no your not…he said you want the car don’t you? I said yes but that the last time I ordered something online and from Amazon that they didn’t deliver it and then tell it was $2000 more. He didn’t back off until I said I was going to contact Mike Devine and Emma Berg officers of Ford. He then took his pen and scratched out the markup!
I was prepared for the shenanigans and it worked out!!!

Hang tough and don’t let them bully you. My husband and I are in our eighties !

‘64 GTO

First Name
Joan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘64GTO, ‘73 280Z,’ 92 Miata, 2004 PT Cruiser
Occupation
Ret. Financial Advisor
Country flag
Name dropping doesn’t hurt and if you need to send a message to Divine and Berg.

deadduck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
No
Country flag
So, the same place that, accidentally, sold off a MME that a forum member had a deposit on tries to jack up an agreed upon price?

What an amazing coincidence!

Did the tell you they were honest guys and it was just an accidental mistake too?

Trust me on this, they didn't have a $4K markup on the purchasing page when you bought a few months ago, although, Sunnyvale Ford was jacking up the prices on these the moment they hit the lot from what I saw, but it wasn't for $4K.

Going to Ford is the right play. You made a deal, now they need to honor it.

deadduck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
No
Country flag
Sleazy dealers are doing anything and everything to extract the ADM from customers or get legitimate customer orders to cancel so they can get it from new walk-in‘s given the demand. If they do this to me I’d abandon Ford permenently, this is afterall my first and only experience with them as a company.
Prepare to be disappointed. They aren't all bad, maybe, but it's the way to bet.

dml105

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Shadowfax, the Star White Tricoated Metallic Pony
Country flag
So, the same place that, accidentally, sold off a MME that a forum member had a deposit on tries to jack up an agreed upon price?

What an amazing coincidence!

Did the tell you they were honest guys and it was just an accidental mistake too?

Trust me on this, they didn't have a $4K markup on the purchasing page when you bought a few months ago, although, Sunnyvale Ford was jacking up the prices on these the moment they hit the lot from what I saw, but it wasn't for $4K.

Going to Ford is the right play. You made a deal, now they need to honor it.
I thought this dealer sounded familiar. I wish I still lived in the Bay Area to help you, but I'm back in Virginia now where the experience was ridiculously smooth.

rogerq23

First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Honda Civic
Country flag
Ugh, I am not having a smooth experience at Ford Frontier at Steven Creek either. My car was delivered to them over 2 months ago. The car came with an issue.

Anyways, Luckily I don't think I see a ADM, but the installments are kinda high, also they have set a cap on me for down payment if I do Ford Option. Is there such a thing?

I believe you can run your own numbers using the website at the end you can:
1. Sign
2. Complete and sign at the dealer.
3. Submit and visit the dealership

I dont think the website shows any ADM. But I did see the same message as you.

macchiaz-o

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
🔑 ]not/A/gr8'Place.2.store-mEyePassword[ 👀
Vehicles
MY21 J1 Premium RWD SR
Country flag
Ugh, I am not having a smooth experience at Ford Frontier at Steven Creek either. My car was delivered to them over 2 months ago. The car came with an issue.

Anyways, Luckily I don't think I see a ADM, but the installments are kinda high, also they have set a cap on me for down payment if I do Ford Option. Is there such a thing?

I believe you can run your own numbers using the website at the end you can:
1. Sign
2. Complete and sign at the dealer.
3. Submit and visit the dealership

I dont think the website shows any ADM. But I did see the same message as you.
The reply you got from @shutterbug in one of your other posts is giving you good info.

Seems like your dealer is handling this properly so far.
Sponsored