First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
🔑 ]not/A/gr8'Place.2.store-mEyePassword[ 👀
Vehicles
MY21 J1 Premium RWD SR
Country flag
You’re paying 1% for this?! The email looks like a 12 year old picked it out. This whole ad looks like a scam. I hope this is a joke.
His spelling, grammar, and page layout are poor, but headless man sure knows how to gator' dunn.
Sponsored

superdave80

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach E Select SR RWD
Country flag
Another example of the Tesla build quality, the charging door is the flimsiest deign.
Wait, it's FLIMSIER than the Mach-E? Because I'm already not very impressed with how solid my charging port door is. What did Tesla make it out of, cardboard?

nvabill

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150, '22 California Route 1
Country flag
The MME was purpose-built specifically to compete with Tesla, it never would have existed if the biggest fish in the EV pond was the Nissan Leaf or the Chevy Bolt. The MY and MME are very similar and likely the most often cross-shopped EV's on the market, so a change in the price of the Model Y is inevitably a change in the value of the Mach-E.
Agreed, in my opinion it is going to cause a huge domino effect for used and new alike.

Ming

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME premium SR RWD; 2022 Civic; Tesla MYP
Country flag
I asked about a garage door opener in the Y, they said a $300 software update, I was like eh, I would hang my stupid thing off the visor again.
Good thing about Tesla is there are often meaningful updates. One of the recent updates enables linking MyQ Account to your Tesla, so if have the smart garage door opener, it's a free function now. If you don't have yet, they are often on sale for $30 or less, and it has more functions than just a button your car.

MacherAWD

First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 AWD Select C&T, 2020 Bolt Premier
Occupation
Software Implementation Manager
Country flag
Good thing about Tesla is there are often meaningful updates. One of the recent updates enables linking MyQ Account to your Tesla, so if have the smart garage door opener, it's a free function now. If you don't have yet, they are often on sale for $30 or less, and it has more functions than just a button your car.
I have a MyQ but I dont pay the monthly which I think is required to link to your account, the MME can do the same through Alexa integration. Again, I find it easier to hit the built in button on my visor.

Weapon X

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Premium Mach E AWD ER
Country flag
Damn, I got lucky. Sold my MachE to Carvana about 4 months ago after getting my '22 Lightning Lariat for MSRP.

Phil Martin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Clarity
Country flag
Tesla is starting a price war in many ways. They have the margins to do it. No doubt this will result in siphoning some shoppers from competitors. Competitors will have to react in some way.

If you've already made your purchase, you've agreed to the price, terms, etc when you've signed the sales contract, that you're suppose to have read and understood.

roamtheworld

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach E Premium ER AWD
Country flag
I really shouldn't be surprised that so many have a short-sighted view of cars.
The last few years have been completely upside down with new cars getting ADMs and used cars going for 40-50% more than in 2019, it's been crazy.
I always plan for long car ownership but sometimes things change and I've always expected to lose money on a new car purchase and most of the time on a used car.
I have taken advantage of manufacturers incentives like the $9K off on our 2019 Expedition purchased in Jan 2020.
When we traded in the Expedition for the MME in May 2022 gas prices were heading up and the value of the Expedition was at a record high. So even with ADM on the MME it made sense overall.
I believe that EVs will hold value over ICE counterparts in the immediate future but are more in line with used car pricing historically.
If you take the long view on car purchases it tends to smooth out.
The difference with Tesla being a direct sales model is that the impact on price is direct (up or down) and with dealerships, it has been with dollar incentives and/or special financing. I have seen deals way over $15K for certain brands and models prior to 2020 and I'm sure an example could be found for more than that if you look.

Jwt09147

First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Awaiting '23 Mach E
Country flag
If ford were to lower prices on the MME would that have any effect on '23 models? or would this take effect in '24 only? Expected delivery for my '23 Select is July (Im hoping)

The Black Horse

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Select Mach E+Comfort and Tech, 2015 Mini Cooper
Country flag
High expectations for $60k, but that doesn’t include looks or build quality? Lol. Okay.

For 60k i get a center console that turns off randomly while driving and needs to be rebooted.

And heaters that turn off and on at random. Like i said, i absolutely love the look of my car and i dont think the build quality of the interior and exterior get enough praise.

I would just prefer a car whose ui, software, and systems are near seamless but it has a door panel that is a few centimeters out of place. Sounds like a fair trade

RedStallion

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E, et al
Country flag
Tesla is starting a price war in many ways. They have the margins to do it. No doubt this will result in siphoning some shoppers from competitors. Competitors will have to react in some way.
It's a misrepresentation of what is happening. Tesla is not starting a price war and they don't have margin to do that, in fact they will be unprofitable if they keep those prices.
Tesla has inventory problem, or call it demand problem. This is a very serious problem because the only reason investors put money in the company is because they bought the growth story. If there is no growth, Tesla will lose 99% of its valuation and will become a niche car manufacturer. That's why they are desperate to make sales even if it means losing money.
Other manufacturers are not in the same position, because they don't have a demand problem, at least for now.

4sallypat

First Name
Pat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 MME delivered May '23 + '22 Lightning July '22
Occupation
Network Tech
Country flag
It's a misrepresentation of what is happening. Tesla is not starting a price war and they don't have margin to do that, in fact they will be unprofitable if they keep those prices.
Tesla has inventory problem, or call it demand problem. This is a very serious problem because the only reason investors put money in the company is because they bought the growth story. If there is no growth, Tesla will lose 99% of its valuation and will become a niche car manufacturer. That's why they are desperate to make sales even if it means losing money.
Other manufacturers are not in the same position, because they don't have a demand problem, at least for now.
Is the Tesla price drop to make the lowest 3 trims (3 RWD, 3 Performance, and Y LR) below the $55K max to entice those customers to buy and claim the tax credit ??

roamtheworld

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach E Premium ER AWD
Country flag
Every other company selling EVs in US has a production problem not a demand problem other than Tesla. Ford sold 28K MME last year and all others were in the teens or less. Not the same as Teslas numbers by any measure.