zhackwyatt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 InfBlu Prem MMEx Past: '13 C-Max '98 Explorer
Country flag
Again, we hope that's true. But it shouldn't be stated as fact until we know it to be true.
It also doesn't make sense to me. With the update capabilities in place, why couldn't a pre-production car be updated to more production ready SW by now?
Sponsored

stroszek

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Saab 92x
Country flag
I don't know...in most videos I've seen of the Mach E (and I've seen I think all of them??) the touchscreen seems to have a certain jankiness/lag to it. Straight Pipes mentioned the same thing, too. I don't know if a software update can fix it, either...seems like a RAM problem.
Memory consumption absolutely could be fixed through a software update. I mean, I guess it’s possible that Ford really cheaped out on RAM but more likely is that like a lot of early release software these days there are optimizations that need to be done like patching memory leaks. Seen plenty of early release software that chugs on machines that are more than capable.

RonTCat

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E wannabuy
Country flag
Memory consumption absolutely could be fixed through a software update. I mean, I guess it’s possible that Ford really cheaped out on RAM but more likely is that like a lot of early release software these days there are optimizations that need to be done like patching memory leaks. Seen plenty of early release software that chugs on machines that are more than capable.
Ford hired all the best programmers from the AMD GPU driver team. Was that a bad idea? ?

1pt21Gigawatts

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2012 Toyota Camry
Occupation
Architect
Country flag
Hey @TFLtommy! Did you happen to have the cumulative Wh consumption from your 143mi road trip? Great video but I found the comparison between the consumptions confusing without knowing the actual kWh consumed over the full journey. Would be super appreciated since I’m a bit skittish on the range.

As a side note, a number of other reviewers have said that the early build vehicles have the same charging issues you experienced but it seems it’s getting corrected shortly.

Thanks!

blheron

First Name
Pat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach e
Occupation
retired
Country flag
Most of his issues he stated are easily fixed by a software update.

Kamuelaflyer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Premium Infinite Blue. ER AWD. 2020 Raptor
Country flag
How long have some of you all been waiting? Some true patience of unprecedented levels on this page
A rather large percentage of forum members reserved their cars on the reveal day in November 2019. And they're still waiting. I'm a newcomer here, I reserved 11 1/2 months ago. I do not expect to see an MME in my driveway before late March. If that holds, it will make it a 14-month long holding pattern.

JamieGeek

Threads
Reaction score
Website
spareelectrons.wordpress.com
Vehicles
Mach-E, old: Bolt, C-Max Energi, Focus Electric
Country flag
How long have some of you all been waiting? Some true patience of unprecedented levels on this page
Yup: reserved right at the end of the initial presentation November of 2019.

krafty81

First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME AWD EX Premium, 2023 Lexus RX350h
Country flag
Wishing you luck! Come on Ford! For the love of god can we get these things out of parking lots and into peoples driveways?? How long have some of you all been waiting? Some true patience of unprecedented levels on this page
Great Tommy Boy reference!

krafty81

First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME AWD EX Premium, 2023 Lexus RX350h
Country flag
No easy button or switch for the tailgate when in the driver’s seat. Open through the main screen layers or your phone. And I hope the fob. No physical switch is a disappointment
Agree I would have liked that.

GoGoGadgetMachE

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E 1st Ed., 2022 Lightning Platinum
Occupation
Professional forum cheerleader and fanboy
Country flag
No easy button or switch for the tailgate when in the driver’s seat. Open through the main screen layers or your phone. And I hope the fob. No physical switch is a disappointment
I guess I missed (although I'm sure it's on here in many places) that there's no actual hatch button. that's disappointing. but it's possible a software update will make it easy to at least "pin" this on the home or something.

I guess I don't really use the hatch button on the C-Max that much (I do use it, but it's generally to save the few seconds of waiting for it to open, letting me walk around to the back as it's opening)... or the trunk button on my Fusion... almost the only times, as I think about it, that I use them, are for others to get in there (e. g. for curbside pickup of a thing)... for those use cases, a few layers down or (ugh) talking to the car would be fine I guess.

we have seen the button on the fob already, right? I mean, on "production" fobs (from the Dallas pictures)?

garfieldorlando

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach e
Country flag
I cannot believe why so hard to make that damn screen responsive like Tesla... The only explanation i can think of is lower quality touch screen, slower processor, and less ram. With enough hardware capability even though you are poor programmer it shouldn't be laggy like this. If this is true, it cannot really be fixed through OTA. I cannot take it for a 2021 EV car like this.

jhalkias

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 RR ME FE, '22 Corsair GT, '22 Lightning Lariat
Occupation
Benefit Fund Administrator
Country flag
I guess I missed (although I'm sure it's on here in many places) that there's no actual hatch button. that's disappointing. but it's possible a software update will make it easy to at least "pin" this on the home or something.

I guess I don't really use the hatch button on the C-Max that much (I do use it, but it's generally to save the few seconds of waiting for it to open, letting me walk around to the back as it's opening)... or the trunk button on my Fusion... almost the only times, as I think about it, that I use them, are for others to get in there (e. g. for curbside pickup of a thing)... for those use cases, a few layers down or (ugh) talking to the car would be fine I guess.

we have seen the button on the fob already, right? I mean, on "production" fobs (from the Dallas pictures)?
I use mine a LOT in the Escape last year for exactly what you said . . . curbside pickup. It's a 2020 thing.

GoGoGadgetMachE

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E 1st Ed., 2022 Lightning Platinum
Occupation
Professional forum cheerleader and fanboy
Country flag
I cannot believe why so hard to make that damn screen responsive like Tesla...
well, there's your problem - your false starting point.

the responsiveness on the Model S I rented less than 13 months ago was really terrible. A lot of touches simply didn't register, and at least one time it seemed like it was randomly offsetting my touches in a way I couldn't translate.

when it wasn't crashing and tasking the entire dashboard with it, that is.

Tesla infotainment is vastly overrated. this is a fact. My experience tells me it's a fact.

I rent a lot of cars - or at least I did pre-COVID. Tesla's infotainment was average (except, again, and this is critical, the part with the crashing and taking the dashboard with it, which is unacceptable) at best. It wasn't Audi "get yourself killed working it" terrible, but it wasn't "UConnect that has helplessly broken voice commands and has a design from a three-year old but at least the screen buttons work reliably 100% of the time" or Mazda "hey I just realized I'm not having to think about this thing at all, it just works" good either.

The Tesla was one of the few to actually make me angry to the point where I have a video of me angry stabbing at the screen with random flailing trying to get it to do something - anything - for me. That was before one of the "taking everything with it" crashes, which I don't have a video of because why the f*ck would you ever expect your whole dashboard to go blank on a goddamn car?

Woeo

First Name
Woeo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Fusion Energi
Country flag

I think they used the trunk/tailgate switch spot to give Max Defrost a hard button near the external lighting controls. (stole a pic from elsewhere on the forum)

Ford Mustang Mach-E TFL's Love and Hate list of Mach-E after a week of driving 1610127390740
Sponsored