dcheng

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Star White CA Route 1
Country flag
Now that I'm done with the updates for now, I don't know how often I'll be buying an FDRS license. I know that some people over on the Lightning forum mail out their Mongoose so that others can do updates.

I'm not sure if I want to mail it out, but do people loan them out to local people? Now that I have the setup (Mongoose, power supply, even a hole saw!), I'd be willing to loan them out on similar terms to people in the local area. A lot of this stuff seems to be one-off purchases, and they get infrequent usage.

Obviously, I don't think I can provide much, if any, support, but it seems like so many people here are much more capable and willing.
Sponsored

Mach-Lee

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium AWD
Occupation
Sci/Eng
Country flag
Now that I'm done with the updates for now, I don't know how often I'll be buying an FDRS license. I know that some people over on the Lightning forum mail out their Mongoose so that others can do updates.

I'm not sure if I want to mail it out, but do people loan them out to local people? Now that I have the setup (Mongoose, power supply, even a hole saw!), I'd be willing to loan them out on similar terms to people in the local area. A lot of this stuff seems to be one-off purchases, and they get infrequent usage.

Obviously, I don't think I can provide much, if any, support, but it seems like so many people here are much more capable and willing.
I think requiring a refundable deposit would be reasonable.

I offer to do updates for people in my area if they cover my costs.

Babbit

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Mach-E Prem AWD ER
Now if you update to the latest version of FDRS it should still work.
You are correct. After I got everything updated I uninstalled the old version and installed the latest version. I was able to login successfully now. So, I should be ready when they release anything new.

Mike G

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 Mach-E GT-PE, '22 F-150 Lightning
Country flag
I wonder why that happens. Maybe some files are missing from the newer revision install packages, that were there on the older versions.

markboris

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
_______ '20 Shelby GT500 FPB '21 Mach-E GTPE IS
Occupation
Retired
Country flag

I've had several members come to my home for help with mods to their cars (springs, sway bars, dash cams, stereo upgrades, etc.) and while here I've updated their software (FDRS) and changed a few module settings (FORScan). Have also stopped by several members homes to do the same when I've had to drive down to the Bay Area to visit my parents. While I wouldn't mind loaning out one of my Mongoose adapters (I have two), shipping the PL6100 power supply would be fairly expensive. I think it's easier if someone needs updating for me to stop by if/when I am in their area.

rugedraw

First Name
Javier
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Platinum EcoBoost
Occupation
Auto Sales
Country flag

I do this on the ICE forum and the offer is extended here and to anyone. I require a $500 fully refundable deposit minus my shipping costs. I do this for no profit. I have 4 mongooses at the moment that I'm lending out around the country. 2 are mine and the other 2 belong to another member in the ICE forum that is traveling for work until August. I've never had a problem and been doing this almost 2 years.

Neil4Real

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E GT Performance Edition - Shadow Black
Country flag
I've had several members come to my home for help with mods to their cars (springs, sway bars, dash cams, stereo upgrades, etc.) and while here I've updated their software (FDRS) and changed a few module settings (FORScan). Have also stopped by several members homes to do the same when I've had to drive down to the Bay Area to visit my parents. While I wouldn't mind loaning out one of my Mongoose adapters (I have two), shipping the PL6100 power supply would be fairly expensive. I think it's easier if someone needs updating for me to stop by if/when I am in their area.
Have you had any luck finding new Forscan changes worth doing with your tinkering?

markboris

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Have you had any luck finding new Forscan changes worth doing with your tinkering?
No but then haven’t been looking. I still do check from time to time if I can modify the VDM but so far no luck.

CommittotheIndian

First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Ford Mach-E Select eAWD Star White
Occupation
Indiana Supreme Court - IT
Country flag
I've been following this thread for some time (usually catch up on Mondays).

So is BC 1.4 out there in FDRS between all the individual updates? It seem like some posts mention it being possible but then others indicate also needing Forscan changes.

I haven't done any FDRS updates in a few months, been holding out for the BC updates.

Snakebitten

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Mach-E
Country flag
Requires Forscan since even FDRS does not have the specific update that makes the Asbuilt changes that render the lane-change and lane-positioning toggles in Sync4.

FDRS does provide the software and your vehicle does run on the more mature "stack", so to speak.
Better Adaptive Cruise
Better Lane Centering
More stable in less than ideal road marking conditions.

You simply don't get the 2 additional features because you can't toggle them on.

Edit: There is no way of knowing, that I am aware of, if the currently fully updated Mach-E would be running the 1.3 or 1.4 software stack. It's probably a fair assumption that it would be 1.3 since a brand new 2024 Mach-E is shipping with 1.3?

The gurus could discern, I'm sure. :)

Last edited:

Mike G

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 Mach-E GT-PE, '22 F-150 Lightning
Country flag
Requires Forscan since even FDRS does not have the specific update that makes the Asbuilt changes that render the lane-change and lane-positioning toggles in Sync4.

FDRS does provide the software and your vehicle does run on the more mature "stack", so to speak.
Better Adaptive Cruise
Better Lane Centering
More stable in less than ideal road marking conditions.

You simply don't get the 2 additional features because you can't toggle them on.

Edit: There is no way of knowing, that I am aware of, if the currently fully updated Mach-E would be running the 1.3 or 1.4 software stack. It's probably a fair assumption that it would be 1.3 since a brand new 2024 Mach-E is shipping with 1.3?

The gurus could discern, I'm sure. :)
I think you're spot on with that assessment.

mrlindstrom

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Select

I had thought about this as well and drew up a rental type contract and similar to @rugedraw I set up a "tab" option with Square to be able to do a pre-auth on a card and then laid out how much replacements costs would be if something were to be damaged/lost for the cable and the power supply. I have the word document format of the agreement if you'd like.

Neil4Real

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E GT Performance Edition - Shadow Black
Country flag
No but then haven’t been looking. I still do check from time to time if I can modify the VDM but so far no luck.
Can we modify the VDM as built to match the new tuning on 23s people were reporting? I’d really like to get the softer suspension in Whisper, if possible.

markboris

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Can we modify the VDM as built to match the new tuning on 23s people were reporting? I’d really like to get the softer suspension in Whisper, if possible.
I don't see why not but I guess I'm not on here enough to know what people are reporting about Whisper drive mode. I am more interested in firming up the Unbridle drive mode. Apparently the VDM module is on its second revision which I was unaware of. I may order this newer version and see if I can use the latest as built to set it won't be off of backorder for about two months.
Sponsored