Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME, 1964 G1 Mustang, 1993 Mustang
Occupation
Sales
Country flag
I currently hold a reservation for the Chevy Blazer SS EV. Waiting to see if it materializes in 2023.
hopefully, they can deliver at a reasonable price. I read Chevrolet just released Silverado "pro" prices in the mid to high 70k range. IMHO not competitive

So the Kia EV6 looks like it's gonna be faster than a GTPE but with much less range. The GTPE is rated at 260 miles the EV6 GT is rated at 206 miles according to Kia's website.

Last edited:

voxel

First Name
Nelson
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Mach-E 4X, 23 GC Limited
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
“Of 42 cars that went through the grill in our extreme Nürburgring tests , three were powered by an electric motor. But none shone. The heavy BMW i4 M50 proved to be a little risky in turns, handicapped it is true by unsuitable tires. The Tesla Model 3 Performance appeared harsher but lost half its power in less than a lap and its brakes in less than three corners. As for His Majesty Porsche Taycan Turbo S, it is the one that impressed the most with its performance… for only one lap, before failing in “turtle” mode to cool its overheated batteries.”

https://www.largus.fr/actualite-aut...bonne-electrique-au-nurburgring-30024202.html

Impressive. I autocrossed the i4 M50 and thought it was a pig (sorry but I’d say the same about the GTPE). The problem is that it is almost $20K more than the M3P now. My Kia dealer won’t budge from their markup even though they normally sell at MSRP.

JakeyLee

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Ford Ranger
Country flag
New guy here… so take everything with a grain of salt. Background: I’ve been in the planning and research phase of my first EV for what seems like forever.. I really like Hyundai/Kia has done with the Ioniq 5 and EV6.. the charging times are amazing. D@mn, I love competition and innovation. Both cars are really pushing the industry along..

So we all agree the Ioniq 5/EV6 range isn’t what we’d call “great”. Still fun cars (to me). I’ve driven all the trims in question. The big chasm for me: Both the EV6 & and Ioniq 5 RWD models seem crazy underpowered compared vs. the Mach E RWD variants. Now don’t get me wrong… both the Mach E and EV6 RWDs seem underpowered compared to their AWD drive siblings. But holy smokes, the RWD EV6 feels like my old 2007 Civic Hybrid. The Mach E RWD feels like it can get out of its own way.. what’s my point? Meh… I probably don’t have much of a point. Just thought id chime in.

4sallypat

First Name
Pat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 MME delivered May '23 + '22 Lightning July '22
Occupation
Network Tech
Country flag
I saw 2 today near my home - one was an EV6 and the other was Michigan manufacturer's plated EV6 that looked like a prototype.

This prototype had that matte dark gunmetal gray paint and some panels covered but the rear light bar and front nose tipped it off.
It was a screamer - super quick and taut as it raced around other cars.

I am looking into an EV6 now that Ford has totally screwed up my 10 month old order and can't tell me when it will leave Mexico after sitting built for 2 months.

voxel

First Name
Nelson
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
I test drove a GT (my order) that arrived 5 months earlier than expected.

I love the bucket seats that are a step above the excellent GT PE seats.

It’s a stunningly good EV. The suspension is compliant and yet sporty. It’s not bouncy like the Mach-E. It handles like a hot hatch with the acceleration feeling less vicious than the GTPE. The reason I didn’t buy it on the spot was because it’s not a major upgrade on the i4. Worse audio, less range, slightly less premium interior but the ride was closer to a well behaved crossover than a low riding sedan (which the i4 is). I’m not replacing my MME with an EV6 GT because of the lower range on the EV6 and I love BlueCruise too much to give it up :)

Ford Mustang Mach-E THE KIA EV6 GT SCRAMBLES BRAND PERCEPTIONS 318311DE-B138-4555-80E2-1727D7DC7D9C

Ford Mustang Mach-E THE KIA EV6 GT SCRAMBLES BRAND PERCEPTIONS C3736572-E0DA-4FF7-8C64-64D16C00FC4A

voxel

First Name
Nelson
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
The big chasm for me: Both the EV6 & and Ioniq 5 RWD models seem crazy underpowered compared vs. the Mach E RWD variants. Now don’t get me wrong… both the Mach E and EV6 RWDs seem underpowered compared to their AWD drive siblings. But holy smokes, the RWD EV6 feels like my old 2007 Civic Hybrid. The Mach E RWD feels like it can get out of its own way.. what’s my point? Meh… I probably don’t have much of a point. Just thought id chime in.

The Korean E-GMP RWD EVs are sloooooooooow. Completely anemic - I've test driven the Ioniq SEL RWD and EV Wind RWD. I'd only buy one as secondary car for commuting. It would provide minimal joy in driving.

The Mach-E RWDs are very much like the Model 3 RWD or BMW i4 eDrive - peppy enough that you might not want the AWD.

The EV6 GT in GT mode has some serious acceleration that's near top of the mainstream EV class but it's not like "shove you back to your seat like a modern rollercoaster" in the Mach-E GT PE. I had an extended 20-30 minute test drive where I was allowed to drive on a twisty road and an open wide empty road.

4sallypat

First Name
Pat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Network Tech
Country flag
Are the EV6 being sold over MSRP now ?

I am going to take a test drive today and the dealer websites don't show any ADM.

voxel

First Name
Nelson
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag

I am going to take a test drive today and the dealer websites don't show any ADM.
In Florida... nope.. UNDER!

This dealer had 13... now 12.

https://www.friendlykia.com/search/new-kia-ev6-new-port-richey-fl/?cy=34652&md=13001&tp=new

The dealer where I ordered my GT has 8 on the lot and I was told they would push hard to move them as they've been sitting for 30-40 days now.

Power Kia in OR has some crazy discounts I've been told.

tuminatr

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Sales
Country flag

I don't know what they are actually be sold for but in Minneapolis/ St. Paul, they're being advertised for over MSRP. Personally, I don't have any idea why you'd buy this car considering it's $10,000+ more than a model y performance.

4sallypat

First Name
Pat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Network Tech
Country flag
I don't know what they are actually be sold for but in Minneapolis/ St. Paul, they're being advertised for over MSRP. Personally, I don't have any idea why you'd buy this car considering it's $10,000+ more than a model y performance.
Can't stand Tesla - hate the looks - hate the design - and everyone has one (all my neighbors, co-workers, family, etc...).

Found a local dealer offering 1% to 3% off new 2023 EV6:
Ford Mustang Mach-E THE KIA EV6 GT SCRAMBLES BRAND PERCEPTIONS Screen Shot 2023-02-19 at 10.28.07 AM

tuminatr

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Sales
Country flag
Can't stand Tesla - hate the looks - hate the design - and everyone has one (all my neighbors, co-workers, family, etc...).

Found a local dealer offering 1% to 3% off new 2023 EV6:
Ford Mustang Mach-E THE KIA EV6 GT SCRAMBLES BRAND PERCEPTIONS Screen Shot 2023-02-19 at 10.28.07 AM
I think the actual GT trim is a bunch more.

Screenshot_20230219-124655.png
Sponsored