The model Y still has the edge for me....

Status
Not open for further replies.

sockmeister

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E4x
Occupation
SW Engineer
Country flag
I'd like to see if Ford can narrow the charging gap with an OTA.

I think its cockpit is probably a better place to spend 8 hours. Im used to car play and giving it up wold be a bummer.

Seems to me following a dedicated forum is the best place to see what updates come and what they do to the car...
I've been in a Model 3 and a Model Y, and I've driven a model Y. I definitely prefer the more premium feel of the Mach-E's interior, which seems more ... familiar? human-centric? premium-feeling? Hard to put a finger on it. Tesla does their UI software better though, there's no doubt about that, but having a instrument panel display in the Mach-E is huge for me. So is Android Auto.

Ford Engineers have already hinted at charging curve updates coming, and CEO Jim Farley also hinted at range increases, in his recent Verge interview about the upcoming F-150 Lightning. You can bet on it.
Sponsored

Last edited:

sockmeister

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E4x
Occupation
SW Engineer
Country flag
Ok, I’m not trying to disparage the OP (or anyone else) here, but this thread has gone on for 14 pages. The OP presented his decision and his rationale way back on the first page. His mind is pretty made up. Why are people continuing to try to challenge his decision or change his mind? In some ways, this is beginning to sound like a bunch of Tesla fanboys (without the Elon Musk adoration).
just let the poor guy be. He can go off and order his model 3 and be happy with his choice for goodness sake! Not our issue!
We're back on topic now, I think.

Mach-E VLOG

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
machevlog.com
Vehicles
Mach-E GT PE - Grabber Blue - Blucifer Twocifer
Country flag
Should I just drop this in every Tesla thread? ?

OP
OP

Davegvg

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Honda Ridgeline, Nissan Titan
Occupation
CEO
Country flag
I've been in a Model 3 and a Model Y, and I've driven a model Y. I definitely prefer the more premium feel of the Mach-E's interior, which seems more ... familiar? human-centric? premium-feeling? Hard to put a finger on it. Tesla does their UI software better though, there's no doubt about that, but having a instrument panel display in the Mach-E is huge for me. So is Android Auto.

Ford Engineers have already hinted at charging curve updates coming, and CEO Jim Farley also did, in his recent Verge interview about the upcoming F-150 Lightning. You can bet on it.
The charging curve info is worth waiting for. THANKS.

If the Ford can match the door to door time that would go long way for me.

OP
OP

Davegvg

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
CEO
Country flag
Should I just drop this in every Tesla thread? ?

I watched this and its pretty much the classic "I feel this and I feel that" but devoid of actual statistics.

The gold standard for youtube posters is Bjorn Nyland he posts actual door to door trip data at various speeds and logs it all comprehensively.

Sam2084

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2007 CR-V, E4X Ordered
Occupation
Engineering
Country flag
I never claimed there weren't enough EA chargers on that route. The massive backup thing happens with all chargers on certain holidays in certain places. 2 networks is better than one full stop.
Tesla cannot use CCS chargers, only their own or chademo with adapter. They are stuck in their own network for fast charging just like CCS. They can use J1772 with an adapter just like CCS cars can use Tesla destination chargers with an adapter. Tesla currently has a better network than CCS in most of the US, but that lead is shrinking.

OP
OP

Davegvg

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
CEO
Country flag
Tesla cannot use CCS chargers, only their own or chademo with adapter. They are stuck in their own network for fast charging just like CCS. They can use J1772 with an adapter just like CCS cars can use Tesla destination chargers with an adapter. Tesla currently has a better network than CCS in most of the US, but that lead is shrinking.
Seems there are a few adapters out there.

https://insideevs.com/news/463721/tesla-ccs-fast-charge-adapter-setec/

They seem wonky though.......

88 KILOWATTS PER HOUR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Chevy Bolt EUV
Country flag
Ok, I’m not trying to disparage the OP (or anyone else) here, but this thread has gone on for 14 pages. The OP presented his decision and his rationale way back on the first page. His mind is pretty made up. Why are people continuing to try to challenge his decision or change his mind? In some ways, this is beginning to sound like a bunch of Tesla fanboys (without the Elon Musk adoration).
just let the poor guy be. He can go off and order his model 3 and be happy with his choice for goodness sake! Not our issue!
Because the OP bothered to spend time posting about his decision in our forum. If he didn’t want our opinions, or our pushback, he wouldn’t have bothered.

Mach-E VLOG

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
machevlog.com
Vehicles
Mach-E GT PE - Grabber Blue - Blucifer Twocifer
Country flag
I watched this and its pretty much the classic "I feel this and I feel that" but devoid of actual statistics.

The gold standard for youtube posters is Bjorn Nyland he posts actual door to door trip data at various speeds and logs it all comprehensively.
I knew you'd respond with something like that. ? ? ?

I get tired of the ones that are just all stats. Anyone can read the stats. But what does a car feel like to drive. The 0-60 times or the range don't tell you that the headliner isn't installed properly or the door doesn't open all the time.

As I stated previously, those "door-to-door" stats are still subject to wide variations depending on weather, traffic, convenience of charging stations, winds, etc. Look at it this way. If I take the Mach-E on two 1000km timed drives, I can get two vastly different results. If I go west from here, it would be way shorter than if I go north. If you don't realize that there are variables that can't always be accounted for, then there is nothing I or anyone else can do to help you.

I've skimmed this thread and it really seems like you are just trolling. You came in with your mind made up and asked for advice. If someone presented something that was contrary to your opinion, you dismissed them. You remind me of the type of person that asks the waiter what is better the chicken or the steak. They say the chicken, but you pick the steak. Nothing wrong with that, but why did you ask their opinion? It seems you really don't want anyone else's opinion. You've done your research and you have concluded the Tesla is better for you. Not surprising and nothing wrong with that. But this seems like a charade.

88 KILOWATTS PER HOUR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Chevy Bolt EUV
Country flag
This makes me wonder how things will look a decade from now, when Tesla still has their own charging network (and standard) while every other automaker on Earth uses CCS ?
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.