Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Solar powered 2021 MME ER RWD & 2022 Corsair PHEV
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
If you live in an apartment or other multiple unit dwelling that precludes the possibility of home charging.

dbsb3233

First Name
TimCO
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E FE, 2023 Bronco Sport OB
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
That's why I'm not very happy that the Denver area is tying up a whopping 18 EA charger locations (8 now, 10 more future). Such a waste IMO relative to putting at least half of those on highways BETWEEN cities instead.

A few is fine. Even people that have home charging could benefit a little from a local charger as backup, if nothing else. But they're obviously targeted for people without home charging, and for travelers far from home. They must think there's gonna be a lot of people that will buy BEVs without home changing. Which is a little crazy to me. No way I'd buy BEV without home (or work) charging. PHEV, yes, but not BEV.

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GB E4X FE, Leaf, Tacoma, F-150 Lightning ordered
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag
https://www.greencarreports.com/new...tation-locations-as-it-keeps-building-network

Electrify America passes 500 charging-station locations, as it keeps building network
avatar-image-for-stephed_100440631_s.jpg

STEPHEN EDELSTEIN NOVEMBER 12, 2020

Electrify America, the charging network created as part of the Volkswagen diesel-emissions settlement, has reached another milestone.

The company announced on Tuesday that it had passed 500 charging sites since the opening of its first site in May 2018. The network now includes more than 2,200 individual DC fast-charging stations, according to Electrify America—many with multiple connectors.

Each site has between three and 10 DC fast-charging stations, with power levels up to 350 kilowatts. The sites are mostly located along major highways and in metropolitan areas, and are situated near stores, restaurants, and other amenities so drivers can make the most of time spent charging.

Just this June, Electrify America finished its first cross-country route, and had 435 charging stations open to the public. It's an indication of how rapidly the network is making progress.

electrify-america-dc-fast-chargers_100689583_l.jpg
Electrify America DC fast chargers

That rapid expansion has made Electrify America the next closest thing to Tesla Supercharging, with a number of automakers depending on the buildout for upcoming EVs.

In addition to Volkswagen Group brands, which directly benefit from the $2 billion invest the automaker is required to make in Electrify America as part of the diesel settlement, Ford, Lucid Motors, and Fisker Inc. have chosen Electrify America as their preferred charging network.

Electrify America rebooted pricing in September, to favor charging by the kilowatt-hours where allowed—although it's more expensive in most cases.

It also began testing off-grid solar-powered Level 2 AC charging stations in California earlier this year, and is also adding DC fast-charging stations with solar canopies that feed onsite energy-storage battery packs to supplement grid electricity. The company plans to have 125 of these installations operational in 2021, including 75 in California.

eastern refugee

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach E First Edition Grabber Blue.....GOT IT!
Occupation
insurance agent
Country flag
https://www.greencarreports.com/new...tation-locations-as-it-keeps-building-network

Electrify America passes 500 charging-station locations, as it keeps building network
Ford Mustang Mach-E The truth about Electrify America's progress and Traveling with the Mach E electrify-america-dc-fast-chargers_100689583_l

STEPHEN EDELSTEIN NOVEMBER 12, 2020

Electrify America, the charging network created as part of the Volkswagen diesel-emissions settlement, has reached another milestone.

The company announced on Tuesday that it had passed 500 charging sites since the opening of its first site in May 2018. The network now includes more than 2,200 individual DC fast-charging stations, according to Electrify America—many with multiple connectors.

Each site has between three and 10 DC fast-charging stations, with power levels up to 350 kilowatts. The sites are mostly located along major highways and in metropolitan areas, and are situated near stores, restaurants, and other amenities so drivers can make the most of time spent charging.

Just this June, Electrify America finished its first cross-country route, and had 435 charging stations open to the public. It's an indication of how rapidly the network is making progress.

Ford Mustang Mach-E The truth about Electrify America's progress and Traveling with the Mach E electrify-america-dc-fast-chargers_100689583_l
Electrify America DC fast chargers

That rapid expansion has made Electrify America the next closest thing to Tesla Supercharging, with a number of automakers depending on the buildout for upcoming EVs.

In addition to Volkswagen Group brands, which directly benefit from the $2 billion invest the automaker is required to make in Electrify America as part of the diesel settlement, Ford, Lucid Motors, and Fisker Inc. have chosen Electrify America as their preferred charging network.

Electrify America rebooted pricing in September, to favor charging by the kilowatt-hours where allowed—although it's more expensive in most cases.

It also began testing off-grid solar-powered Level 2 AC charging stations in California earlier this year, and is also adding DC fast-charging stations with solar canopies that feed onsite energy-storage battery packs to supplement grid electricity. The company plans to have 125 of these installations operational in 2021, including 75 in California.
I stopped at dairy queen in Baker on the way to las Vegas. Tesla has a solar powered supercharger station that can charge roughly 80 cars at one time. EA is right next to it with a solar canopy as well and can charge I think roughly 20 -40 cars. Not sure as it was still being built. It is now fully functional. The battery pack station is immense. I would love to have one of those in my back yard.

dbsb3233

First Name
TimCO
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E FE, 2023 Bronco Sport OB
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
I stopped at dairy queen in Baker on the way to las Vegas. Tesla has a solar powered supercharger station that can charge roughly 80 cars at one time. EA is right next to it with a solar canopy as well and can charge I think roughly 20 -40 cars. Not sure as it was still being built. It is now fully functional. The battery pack station is immense. I would love to have one of those in my back yard.
EA website says 7 CCS and 1 CCS/CHAdeMO at the Baker Ultra Gas & Mart location. Is this an expansion to an existing EA station? Looks like these 8 have been there long enough for Google Street View to pick them up.

https://www.google.com/maps/@35.2623591,-116.0809815,3a,45y,287.08h,91.01t/data=!3m8!1e1!3m6!1sAF1QipMlMoQX4rRgfet9ccYhjKVjK1JoncsRq4boxhgC!2e10!3e11!6shttps://lh5.googleusercontent.com/p/AF1QipMlMoQX4rRgfet9ccYhjKVjK1JoncsRq4boxhgC=w203-h100-k-no-pi-0-ya107.21837-ro0-fo100!7i8704!8i4352

Another shot does show one more island in place for expansion from 8 to 12.

Must be expecting a LOT of LA-Vegas BEV traffic.

Last edited:

GoGoGadgetMachE

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E 1st Ed., 2022 Lightning Platinum
Occupation
Professional forum cheerleader and fanboy
Country flag
sounds like there's a Blizzard (tm)(R) of chargers there now. All the better to Dilly Bar (tm)(R)-dally at the location.

TheVirtualTim

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E First Edition, Escape Hybrid
Country flag
From the PlugShare site, I see quite a few "coming soon" in Quebec. From the photos, a few of them look like they are nearly ready to start operating. I don't think you'll have long to wait.

One of the charge stations no longer has the temporary fence around it ... I thought it might even be open. I checked electrify-canada.ca and it still shows it as a future site ... so I don't think it's open yet.

ClaudeMach-E

First Name
Claude
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach 3- Tempo- Malibu(3)-Actual Kia Sportage AWD
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
From the PlugShare site, I see quite a few "coming soon" in Quebec. From the photos, a few of them look like they are nearly ready to start operating. I don't think you'll have long to wait.

One of the charge stations no longer has the temporary fence around it ... I thought it might even be open. I checked electrify-canada.ca and it still shows it as a future site ... so I don't think it's open yet.
Thank's I was only looking on EA's site for info but of course they don't mention anyware progress for these stations, Also they have moved at a so low pace that it was dicouraging and even I was not believing that they would come to their Phase 1 goal of finishing those installation by the end of 2020, now that looks possible and I had not thought of checking on Plugshare. ?
Sponsored