eltonlin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
FE Gray
Country flag
Living in Oakland. The best I was able to find for my premium sr rwd is about 150 a month for a 50/100 coverage with 250 comprehensive and 1000 collision deduction with a waiver and loan/lease waiver.

It's not great but I'll live
I think the car break-ins is worse in SF than Oakland nowadays. Lol.
Sponsored

timbop

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Solar powered 2021 MME ER RWD & 2022 Corsair PHEV
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
Did anyone ever get a quote from Geico?
When I called GEICO for a quote in december I'm not sure how the rated it but the 6 month price would have been $1400 for the MME and my wife's Durango compared to $1280 for my ICE mustang and durango. I got my MME yesterday and they still don't have it in the system, so after the agent classified it as a utility and asked lots of questions she came up with a rate of $1340 for 6 months. They will definitely have a more defined rate soon, so I expect that to change at renewal.

Ma9573

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Current: Mach E CA Rte1
Occupation
Sales
Country flag
I think the car break-ins is worse in SF than Oakland nowadays. Lol.
Yeah I'm not looking forward to my quote lol
Farmers dropped me after my second claim for a break in. I'd long ago learned my lesson about leaving anything in sight in the car in SF. I had my golf clubs stolen in 2013 because I forgot to go back down to my car to grab them after bringing in groceries and my gym bag, then had my laptop stolen in daylight in 2014 while I was just having a quick 30 minute lunch (didn't even file a claim since it was a work computer). The only reason I made a 2nd claim in 2017 was because they got into my freaking trunk.

I pay $187 a month now with Geico on my Energi, and that includes bundled home discounts.

MerryBrown

First Name
Mary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Ford Escape, Red Ford Mach-E on order
Occupation
Finance
Country flag
Yeah I'm not looking forward to my quote lol
Farmers dropped me after my second claim for a break in. I'd long ago learned my lesson about leaving anything in sight in the car in SF. I had my golf clubs stolen in 2013 because I forgot to go back down to my car to grab them after bringing in groceries and my gym bag, then had my laptop stolen in daylight in 2014 while I was just having a quick 30 minute lunch (didn't even file a claim since it was a work computer). The only reason I made a 2nd claim in 2017 was because they got into my freaking trunk.

I pay $187 a month now with Geico on my Energi, and that includes bundled home discounts.
FYI Some companies treat break ins as not at fault for auto and will not raise your rates for those. You might check around to see. I had my car broken into in San Francisco and it didn't impact my car insurance at all. It may impact Homeowners or Renters etc.

Ma9573

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Current: Mach E CA Rte1
Occupation
Sales
Country flag
FYI Some companies treat break ins as not at fault for auto and will not raise your rates for those. You might check around to see. I had my car broken into in San Francisco and it didn't impact my car insurance at all. It may impact Homeowners or Renters etc.
Yeah the way I wrote that was misleading. They dropped me from the home insurance, which raised car insurance rates since we no longer had the bundled rate.

MerryBrown

First Name
Mary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Ford Escape, Red Ford Mach-E on order
Occupation
Finance
Country flag
Yeah the way I wrote that was misleading. They dropped me from the home insurance, which raised car insurance rates since we no longer had the bundled rate.
That sounds right. Sorry about that.

Mirak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
"Sonic" 2021 MME Grabber Blue First Edition
Country flag
My insurance quotes are crazy inconsistent. I didn't quote the MME as a standalone policy - these are 6mo prices for the MME plus my two current vehicles (I'm keeping both), $750 comp and collision deductibles for all, 100/300/100 coverage, basic PIP and UIM coverages, and roadside assist (except for the MME, because Ford Roadside Assist is included!)

GEICO (current): $962 (had to call a rep bc the MME still isn't an option for online quotes)
Progressive: $696
Allstate (which has my homeowner's): $1,240

I think the Progressive quote is a hell of a bargain.

gnaark

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
First Edition Rapid Red
Country flag
Hey guys,

I am concerned about the insurance cost of the Mach-E, when I quoted it with Geico they didn't have a section for the Mach-E it's simply quoted as a Ford Mustang so I'm thinking I may be paying extra because of this and they don't take into account that this is a crossover EV.

How much you guys are paying for basic full coverage? We have been quoted at $158 per month for the car.

Cheers!

edit: I can't seem to delete the thread, it's a duplicate from https://www.macheforum.com/site/threads/the-ultimate-mach-e-insurance-quotes-thread.2712/

Mirak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
"Sonic" 2021 MME Grabber Blue First Edition
Country flag
Update: I made a second call to Geico and apparently they’ve had some new numbers come in. Adding my MME to an existing 2-car policy with 100/300/100 insurance and $1,000 collision and comprehensive deductibles would increase my 6mo premium from $484.11 to $772. Changing all my deductibles down to $750 would result in $835 6mo premium.

Progressive, by contrast was $696 for the same coverage. BUT, Progressive is notorious for including a “new customer discount” that expires after the first six months. This discount is significant but Progressive refused to tell me how much it was. It’s kind of a bait and switch scheme if you ask me.

So I stuck with Geico.

MachE2021

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Impala
Occupation
Attorney
Country flag
$138/mo for $500 deductible, maximum coverage/liability amounts, medical coverage, and gap insurance.

jsteach

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 MME S/W EB AWD ,2017 Honda accord touring v-6
Occupation
Retired. 40 year automotive/ service
Country flag
2000.00 year for $500 deductible,500,000 coverage/liability amounts, medical coverage,
2100.00 year for $250.00 deductible.
I Contract 9 different insurance company's . I'm with AAA . No one was cheaper . It may be
less expensive if your current insurance compay and you have a bundle with them. My bundel with AAA gives me $600.00 credit on car insurance premiums on 2 cars , no mach-e yet.

cjljr41

First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Mach-e Premium 4X, '23 Escape Platinum Hybrid
Country flag
I was quoted $102 a month with my current provider (State Farm). $100k/$300k liability and $1,000 deductible. I'm 54 years old.
Sponsored