Just Lurking

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E GT
Country flag
I just got 4.2.1, as soon as I get the subsequent updates I'll be back to add my findings to the crowd.

Speaking of which, has anyone received 4.2.4? On Reddit there's a user (just one, as far as I can tell) who claims to have received it and provided a screenshot (the screenshot looks legitimate, for what it's worth). The update purports to add the ability to record a voice note to Ford to provide feedback.
Sponsored

mkhuffman

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME GT, Jeep GC-L, VW Jetta
Country flag
I just got 4.2.1, as soon as I get the subsequent updates I'll be back to add my findings to the crowd.

Speaking of which, has anyone received 4.2.4? On Reddit there's a user (just one, as far as I can tell) who claims to have received it and provided a screenshot (the screenshot looks legitimate, for what it's worth). The update purports to add the ability to record a voice note to Ford to provide feedback.
That sounds like BS to me.

Just Lurking

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E GT
Country flag
That sounds like BS to me.
Below is the comment with the link to the screenshot. The user posting it is a 5-year regular commenter, not a brand new account that was just created to report this one thing, which gives it a little more credence. Though I'm also skeptical until multiple people receive the update. Time will tell.

mkhuffman

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Below is the comment with the link to the screenshot. The user posting it is a 5-year regular commenter, not a brand new account that was just created to report this one thing, which gives it a little more credence. Though I'm also skeptical until multiple people receive the update. Time will tell.

The "voice note" functionality is what seems like BS to me. Of all the ways for Ford to get feedback, that seems like the least efficient and effective way.

But who knows? Maybe they have a bunch of social media workers sitting around a speaker waiting for the next audio complaint. Hah. Ridiculous..

Mach-Lee

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium AWD
Occupation
Sci/Eng
Country flag
The "voice note" functionality is what seems like BS to me. Of all the ways for Ford to get feedback, that seems like the least efficient and effective way.

But who knows? Maybe they have a bunch of social media workers sitting around a speaker waiting for the next audio complaint. Hah. Ridiculous..
The voice feedback feature has been there since 4.1.2, why did they just mention it now?

OP
OP
kdonnel

kdonnel

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 CA Route 1, 2020 Bolt EV
Country flag
The voice feedback feature has been there since 4.1.2, why did they just mention it now?
My guess is that they had to send out the 4.2.x series to fix the manual and perhaps connected services and rather than highlight their mistake they opted to highlight a little known feature that was recently added that many might actually see as new.

mkhuffman

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Interesting. I guess it isn't so ridiculous! How does this actually work in practice? You record your voice and do they talk back to you? :oops:

Maybe it is for those who skipped 4.1.2, like me? I only received 4.2.1 and 4.2.2.

Mach-Lee

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium AWD
Occupation
Sci/Eng
Country flag
Interesting. I guess it isn't so ridiculous! How does this actually work in practice? You record your voice and do they talk back to you? :oops:

Maybe it is for those who skipped 4.1.2, like me? I only received 4.2.1 and 4.2.2.
It's in there somewhere if you look for SYNC feedback. Basically it just records a voice memo and you explain your issue. Then it gets sent off to Ford's black hole and you'll never hear anything back from it. I've used it once already.

My guess is that they had to send out the 4.2.x series to fix the manual and perhaps connected services and rather than highlight their mistake they opted to highlight a little known feature that was recently added that many might actually see as new.
Is it really that hard to just say "bug fixes" in the release notes? Because apparently if you never mention "bug fixes" nobody will ever know the software had issues....🤣

Logal727

First Name
C
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘21 Carbonized Gray Mustang Mach-E Premium AWD Ext
Country flag

No it actually makes sense. Before you just had a drop-down for bug submissions now you can record the issue in detail.

mkhuffman

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
It's in there somewhere if you look for SYNC feedback. Basically it just records a voice memo and you explain your issue. Then it gets sent off to Ford's black hole and you'll never hear anything back from it. I've used it once already.
No it actually makes sense. Before you just had a drop-down for bug submissions now you can record the issue in detail.
I think "black hole" is probably where your voice memo goes. Does anyone really have time to listen to a bunch of recordings we send them?

I could have a lot of fun with this. Does it have to be an issue, or can we just send random voice messages? "My MME is so awesome, I sleep in it just so I can be close to it." That might be my next voice memo. Fun. 😂

Thunderanger

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E Select, 2019 Ram 1500
Occupation
retired
Country flag
Mine have been working fine this week, but I haven't made recent changes.
Mine have been spotty. Some worked. Others didn't. So I ended up going out into 10 degree weather this AM without have preconditioned. I needed that to get my 350 mile round trip off to the right start.

Thunderanger

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E Select, 2019 Ram 1500
Occupation
retired
Country flag
I too apparently have become a huge Frank Sinatra fan and didn't even know it.......thanks for enlightening me FORD
Oh man those changes to my XM channels used to drive me crazy. Glad I dumped XM and went to pandora full time. Much better variety and channels I curated.

kennethjk

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME Prem. EB 4WD, X3, IX50
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Better Frank than Starland Vocal Band. If I hear 'Afternoon Delight' one more time I will scream....
The preset problem doesn’t come and go anymore. Looks like it’s permanently wrong.

guess I will have to redo all of them

edit: the pre set music problem is only for Sirius radio. AM and FM pre sets are still there.

Last edited:

kennethjk

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME Prem. EB 4WD, X3, IX50
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Based on the other thread - what do you hate about the MME- asking forum members to leave voice feedback probably is not the best idea
Sponsored