Melancholy1980

First Name
Ralph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Ford Mustang Mach-E Premium Ext AWD Ice White
Country flag
I think "black hole" is probably where your voice memo goes. Does anyone really have time to listen to a bunch of recordings we send them?

I could have a lot of fun with this. Does it have to be an issue, or can we just send random voice messages? "My MME is so awesome, I sleep in it just so I can be close to it." That might be my next voice memo. Fun. šŸ˜‚
I can tell you that I have submitted many of these while I had tokens on my car to troubleshoot a charging issue that I have had on and off, and Ford does in fact listen to them. The engineers confirmed that they received the information. It may have also been because they were expecting my feedback, though. Not sure.

Logal727

First Name
C
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
ā€˜21 Carbonized Gray Mustang Mach-E Premium AWD Ext
Country flag
I can tell you that I have submitted many of these while I had tokens on my car to troubleshoot a charging issue that I have had on and off, and Ford does in fact listen to them. The engineers confirmed that they received the information. It may have also been because they were expecting my feedback, though. Not sure.
I would think that the engineers who developed this feedback system also set it up in a way where it just gets translated to text before someone reads it. That would be pretty simple to do.

Blue highway

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E Premium SR RWD
Country flag
I haven't tested preconditioning since 4.2.1 and 4.2.2, but prior to those it was working for me.

It is so strange how the software behaves differently in different cars.
There are so many permutations of software, (dozens of modules with dozens of releases of code for each module) how could they possibly do Thorough regression testing? Until they get to a state of updating all modules to a known release level, I expect this to continue.

Last edited:

machdady

First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME GTPE Ice Blue
Country flag
What was your charging issue and was it is resolved? I ask cause my last 2 DCFC events had a charge fault with the first 2 units/tries and then the third worked. This was at a Tesla and then an EA location, and the charging spots worked for other cars. It felt consistent enough to think that this could be a my car problem then a DCFC problem. Sorry a bit of a sidebar to this this thread....

Last edited:

Logal727

First Name
C
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
ā€˜21 Carbonized Gray Mustang Mach-E Premium AWD Ext
Country flag
There are so many permutations of software, (dozens of modules with dozens of releases of code for each module) how could they possibly do through regression testing? Until they get to a state of updating all modules to a known release level, I expect this to continue.
Actually seems to be getting pretty close now, I think 4.2.2.2 on '23 would bring it up to everyone else through '21 Job 1

Blue highway

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E Premium SR RWD
Country flag
Actually seems to be getting pretty close now, I think 4.2.2.2 on '23 would bring it up to everyone else through '21 Job 1
Have you looked at the modules that are not up to date on your car? My car has been OTA updated through 4.2.1

and yet there are 9 modules in FDRS that are not up to date.

I planned to do an FDRS session last weekend but honey-dos got in the way, I'll catch it up in a few weeks.

I suspect this variance in code is one of the reasons why seemingly updated cars have different behavior

Last edited:

Lord_Sweeney

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mustang Mach-E
Occupation
Real Estate Investor
Country flag
Have you looked at the modules that are not up to date on your car? My car has been OTA updated through 4.2.1

and yet there are 9 modules in FDRS that are not up to date.

I planned to do an FDRS session last weekend but honey-dos got in the way, I'll catch it up in a few weeks.

I suspect this variance in code is one of the reasons why seemingly updated cars have different behavior
How do you check your modules, Blue highway? And do those require a dealer visit to update?

Lord_Sweeney

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mustang Mach-E
Occupation
Real Estate Investor
Country flag
It still baffles me (and apparently Ford) that issues like defaulting back to Guest Profile and failure to connect to CarPlay are still plaguing the MME.
The Guest Profile thing wouldn't be half as bad if it just let you change back to your profile and didn't require a full reboot to fix.

Maquis

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach E4X, 2023 Lightning Lariat ER
Country flag
The Guest Profile thing wouldn't be half as bad if it just let you change back to your profile and didn't require a full reboot to fix.
Last year, when I had the profile issue, I could switch to my profile by simply pressing the button on the door that was assigned to my profile. That doesnā€™t work for you?

Kamuelaflyer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Premium Infinite Blue. ER AWD. 2020 Raptor
Country flag
Last year, when I had the profile issue, I could switch to my profile by simply pressing the button on the door that was assigned to my profile. That doesnā€™t work for you?
Iā€™ve very occasionally had this issue since launch and your suggestion has always worked.

Blue highway

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E Premium SR RWD
Country flag
Last edited:

ReelSweet

First Name
Jody
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E
Country flag
I will need to try this next time...I'm usually to busy saying "WTF...why doesn't it know it's me?"....then I click my picture/profile about a thousand times which does NOTHING, then think...what would RickMachE do in this situation so I pull the manual up which doesn't F*cking help, then shut off the dam car which doesn't help, so finally just drive in Guest mode until the next day and hope it fixes itself. Geeesh!

mkhuffman

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME GT, Jeep GC-L, VW Jetta
Country flag
Iā€™ve very occasionally had this issue since launch and your suggestion has always worked.
That is what I always do as well.

How do you check your modules, Blue highway? And do those require a dealer visit to update?
My dealer did all the updates available in FDRS two times. They will do it if they can bill Ford for the time, because they need to be paid. If you offer to pay them, they may do it as well. To get Ford to pay, you need to have a problem that a software update may resolve. That is what worked for me, anyway.

OH2AZ2OH

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E 4X
Country flag
I started getting the guest profile bug a couple of weeks ago. I had gotten no recent software updates, but I did program a 3rd fob around then. That seems unlikely to be the cause, but thatā€™s all i remember being different. Pressing the door button would do a seat position recall, but would still leave me in guest profile. It happened maybe 5 times in 2 weeks, but hasnā€™t shown up for over a week now.
Sponsored