21st Century Pony

First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Mustang Mach E 2022 Premium AWD ER
Country flag
I never got the entire interior trim part out. I thought the mount points for the forward loops was farther forward than those two studs. I hope your parts work out. I hate the fact that we don’t have those forward anchors. 😊🐩
I thought so as well until I yanked the whole wall trim panel out to finish installing my Euro Ford tow wiring kit and control module.

Then I said "Hey wait a minute... Just what are these two strong bolts doing here all by their lonesome?" One thing led to another and fellow member https://www.macheforum.com/site/members/su-ch-mache.13995/ in Germany did some research to help out...

We'll see if the drawings and part numbers he dug up are indeed what we both think they are. And yes I already checked - Those part numbers are unavailable from Ford North America.
Sponsored

Last edited:

HuntingPudel

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME GT-PE, 1979 Fire-Am, 1972 K/5 Blazer
Occupation
Engineering
Country flag
<SNIP>
We'll see if the drawings and part numbers he dug up are indeed what we both think they are. And yes I already checked - Those part numbers are unavailable from Ford North America.
I guess some enterprising member in Europe will be getting DMs from a lot of us. 🤪🐩

21st Century Pony

First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
TBC once we confirm... I'll post a DIY with pix if our North American dream comes true.

21st Century Pony

First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
They appear welded to small angled plates which are in turn bolted to two hefty in-wall bolts... bolts which are present on our North American cars. See the attached pic.

This is the left cargo wall. The two bolts are on its lower right.

I have the part numbers for these Euro plates... TBC. If this works I'll pay a DIY thread.

20230124_155328.jpg
UPDATE - The two missing front cargo hook rings:

- are made by Ford in Mexico and are available from European Ford dealers.

- are welded to sizable, horizontally oriented, upward-angled, edged and ridged (likely for strength) steel plates.

- come in a Left (driver's) and in a Right (passenger's) version... their part numbers end in an -A and in a -B. Each plate is also stamped "L" and "R".

- These ring-carrying plates indeed bolt onto the two large unused white bolts on the cargo wheel well wall (see the picture in the post above). I don't know the metric nut size yet.

- The rings will need a slit cut for them in the felt(?) wall trim panel recessed divots. Just the job for Mr. Exacto knife. I might also use an awl to punch round holes for the ring shafts at the ends of that slit... or maybe just cut two X shapes to end the horizontal cut. TBC when I get the shipment.

- The two assembly part numbers are not/not available thru Ford USA. Believe me, I and one frustrated dealership parts counter guy have already tried.

- The two part #s are: LJ8B-R550A74-A (named: Hook, Tie Down RH (LH) Bracket, Luggage Tie Down Hook) and LJ8B-R550A75-B. Please note the "...74" ending for one and the "...75" ending for the other one. These part numbers are also visible on the blue Ford labels in one of the attached pics here. There are other code numbers on these blue Ford labels that might be of use to searchers.

- They cost each about $45 (US) for one and $53 (US) for the other, depending on the country of purchase and on the day's exchange rate. This general price is a conversion from their Euro retail price last week. The shipping price to the States is (about) another $21 via, in my case, DHL.

- HOW TO GET THESE LITTLE UNOBTAINIUM GOODIES here in North America:

1). Ask your friendly uncle / aunt / nephew / niece / brother / sister / high school friend who is now stationed anywhere in Europe with the US Armed Forces to visit the local Ford dealer. Based on knowledge from my years-past US Army service in Europe, I think they can probably avoid the European Value Added Tax (VAT) so that the total price will be significantly cheaper than the retail $110, and can also ship to the U.S. via the US Postal Service on their base.

2). There are quite a few forum members here who live in Europe. One of them has kindly helped me investigate and discover these two Unobtainium pieces. Others might choose to step up.

3). Once I get these in about two weeks+ and bolt them onto my Mach E, I will consult with the kind member and perhaps start a group purchase here, based on your interest and on my European member's willingness. HOWEVER, pls let's wait with Option #3 until I actually have the two plates and have installed them and then created a DIY page on this forum, so that we can potentially start a group purchase on one thread (not yet here).

Pictures of fronts, backs, labels and one (left) unpacked plate + ring assembly are attached.

Mach E trunk front cargo ring and bracket - part for the left (driver's) side.jpg

Mach E trunk front cargo rings and brackets - their front side with rings.jpg

Mach E trunk front cargo rings and brackets - with part numbers.jpg

HuntingPudel

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Engineering
Country flag
Thanks for doing the leg work on this. I have been thinking of doing a bracket to mate with some rings I have, but this would be preferable. 😊🐩

21st Century Pony

First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Thanks for doing the leg work on this. I have been thinking of doing a bracket to mate with some rings I have, but this would be preferable. 😊🐩
Of course. I carry a Better Spare spare tire + wheel back there in the cargo compartment, and I will much prefer that heavy round object to travel under a well-secured cargo net.

HuntingPudel

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Engineering
Country flag
Of course. I carry a Better Spare spare tire + wheel back there in the cargo compartment, and I will much prefer that heavy round object to travel under a well-secured cargo net.
Heh, I just want to be able to lash down my dog crate. 🤪🐩

DevSecOps

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Audi SQ5 / '23 Rivian R1T / '23 M3P
Occupation
CISO
Country flag

21st Century Pony

First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag

21st Century Pony

First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
The car obviously doesn't come with hooks there. But you might not even need them. Check out this post of mine where I show how simple S Clips can be used to hold a cargo net down just fine. This way you're not modifying the car.

https://www.macheforum.com/site/threads/does-anyone-find-a-cargo-net-for-the-mach-e.9136/post-263519

Also, a lot cheaper than ordering parts from the UK.
I see it more as restoring the car to its full OEM design functionality, and defeating chintzy corporate penny-pinching.

sockmeister

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E4x
Occupation
SW Engineer
Country flag
I see it more as restoring the car to its full OEM design functionality, and defeating chintzy corporate penny-pinching.
Right. And it's so aggravating that we have the rear hooks, and not the forward ones... just, why?
Was there a study that said that American consumers don't use cargo nets? I hate that we even have to do this. But thank you for taking the initiative.

I'll be in Spain in the spring... maybe I can stop by a dealership.

21st Century Pony

First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Right. And it's so aggravating that we have the rear hooks, and not the forward ones... just, why?
Was there a study that said that American consumers don't use cargo nets? I hate that we even have to do this. But thank you for taking the initiative.

I'll be in Spain in the spring... maybe I can stop by a dealership.
FYI - the forum member's dealership in Germany had these in 4 days once ordered. This seems to indicate these two brackets are regionally stocked.

su-ch+mache

First Name
carl
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.ford-suv-freunde.com
Vehicles
Escape MY17, Puma MY20, Mach E MY22 AWD ER TP2
Occupation
retired buyer
Country flag
Martin that is correct, takes about 4 days for a dealer to get those parts. Also be aware the more MMEs are sold in a country the more parte are on stock. As far as I know the power supply networt in Spain is not as good as in Germany, Netherlands or Norway or UK and therefore there are just 'a hand full' of EVs sold. The fewer car sold => the lower parts on stock. But try to get them or send me a PN.
Other option would be we organize a group purchse as @21st Century Pony already mentioned. Same if you like to have any other EU parts let me know.

21st Century Pony

First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag