davkd

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Iconic Silver ER RWD
Country flag
So last night I went into the ‘Settings’ on the Ford App and noticed the ‘Apps Catalogue’.

It contains a ‘Dashcam’ App which says it uses Sync3 and tge built in camera to record incidents, accidents, etc.

It says this is available for our car.

Has anyone else seen this and do we know if it will work straight away with Sync4?

portlandg

First Name
grahame
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Black RWD ER and loving it
Occupation
Cabinet maker
Country flag
So last night I went into the ‘Settings’ on the Ford App and noticed the ‘Apps Catalogue’.

It contains a ‘Dashcam’ App which says it uses Sync3 and tge built in camera to record incidents, accidents, etc.

It says this is available for our car.

Has anyone else seen this and do we know if it will work straight away with Sync4?
I think you will find that you need a Ford dashcam fitted. The 'app' just allows you to voice control camera via sync 3 ( and presumably sync 4a). I don't think it works off the front camera.

portlandg

First Name
grahame
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Cabinet maker
Country flag
I will tell you one thing. The Ford Pass app better get itself sorted out pretty damn quickly otherwise it is going to be worse than useless when our MME'S arrive. I have it set up for my current Kuga and in the 4 years I have had the car it has never worked properly. Never been able to access live traffic, journeys monitoring intermittent. Have set up for my MME as much as I can at the moment but it keeps crashing and going back to initial start screen and then locks out. Uninstalled and reinstalled and maps didn't work. This happened a few times on version 3.18.0. Opened app this morning and same thing happened. A new version available, 3.19.0 so updated. Seemed fine for a little but has locked and crashed AGAIN. If/when we get PAAK I for one WON'T be using it. At this stage I do not trust this app enough.

SteveUk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mache with crap keys
Country flag
I will tell you one thing. The Ford Pass app better get itself sorted out pretty damn quickly otherwise it is going to be worse than useless when our MME'S arrive. I have it set up for my current Kuga and in the 4 years I have had the car it has never worked properly. Never been able to access live traffic, journeys monitoring intermittent. Have set up for my MME as much as I can at the moment but it keeps crashing and going back to initial start screen and then locks out. Uninstalled and reinstalled and maps didn't work. This happened a few times on version 3.18.0. Opened app this morning and same thing happened. A new version available, 3.19.0 so updated. Seemed fine for a little but has locked and crashed AGAIN. If/when we get PAAK I for one WON'T be using it. At this stage I do not trust this app enough.
What phone are you using it on Grahame? It might be the app isn't liking the OS ?

I'm on andriod and blackberry which is on andriod oreo. I get no issues.

Last edited:

portlandg

First Name
grahame
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Cabinet maker
Country flag
What phone are you using it on Grahame? It might be the app isn't liking the OS ?

I'm on andriod and blackberry which is on andriod oreo. I get no issues.
samsung galaxy s10+ before that had s8+

SteveUk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Ok that doesn't make sense to me as you will be using a more uptodate version of andriod compared to my old blackberry!

Pomini

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
mm ( awaiting)
Country flag
I have to admit missing watching the progress of the msc immacolata. At least you could see something moving even if it is very slow. Now we have no idea what is happening in Antwerp. They could be batching them up by build date and then shipping them in 10's 20's etc or they could be doing all the right hand drives then shipping them all at once. I just hope it's not one man with a torque wrench and a sinclair zx spectrum!

SteveUk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I have to admit missing watching the progress of the msc immacolata. At least you could see something moving even if it is very slow. Now we have no idea what is happening in Antwerp. They could be batching them up by build date and then shipping them in 10's 20's etc or they could be doing all the right hand drives then shipping them all at once. I just hope it's not one man with a torque wrench and a sinclair zx spectrum!
Someone managed to get an ariel photo - we just need that to be updated! at the end of each working day!

portlandg

First Name
grahame
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Cabinet maker
Country flag
That was my thinking too. We are now running blind and relying on information from Ford. Haha, going by past experience we will know they have left Antwerp when we get a call from our dealer saying the car has arrived. My dealer had 2 cars arrive on Grande Houston so when he gets those could be an indication of timescale. I'll let you all know if/when I do.

Coolcatshaft

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E SR RWD, Volvo XC90, Ducati Scrambler 1100
Country flag
I've heard a rumour that there was 310 UK cars on the MSC IMMACOLATA
Of the 1500 Europe Cars by end of march, are you thinking 500ish for the UK? So maybe 200 on the Grande Houston and the rest on the Immacolata? Or will the UK have a smaller share considering these cars are for ALL of Europe.

portlandg

First Name
grahame
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Cabinet maker
Country flag
Of the 1500 Europe Cars by end of march, are you thinking 500ish for the UK? So maybe 200 on the Grande Houston and the rest on the Immacolata? Or will the UK have a smaller share considering these cars are for ALL of Europe.
I wouldn't like to say numbers, but I imagine that there were less on the GH than on MSC. My dealer had 2 on GH and 4 on MSC so a (very) rough guess would be around 400 -to 450 for UK

Smuddell

First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Renault Megane E Tech Launch Edition
Country flag
Going back to home chargers, I won't be able to charge at home due to living in a terraced house with no off-street parking, but I have come to an arrangement to share the charger of someone who lives literally 3 minutes walk away from me.
They have an EO Mini Pro charger Type 2 - I haven't seen anyone mention this one but it's small and looks very neat.
Sponsored