Kdpt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E, MG ZS EV
Occupation
Retired Engineer
Country flag
Any one had this warning? (+ did it keep coming back)

Ford Mustang Mach-E UK Customers Drivechain Fault

What a time to reduce Power just as I'm overtaking, you feel a right plonker when you have to pull back in ;)

On the Outward journey the car did flash-up that a service is due (under 300mls)?

After restarting an hr later all good though.
(Apart from the Gom's so so low winter range, though the Awd far more pleasant to drive in wet conditions than my old Rwd)
Sponsored

grovep

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME extended range
Country flag
....... One thing I have noticed is that I have been using the cars built in satnav recently and the mysterious blue line that appeared now and again doesn't seem to have reappeared, even on the same journeys as before, so that is good.
We will have to wait an see what Thursday brings.
Did you ever work out what the blue line meant? I too have it occasionally

portlandg

First Name
grahame
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Black RWD ER and loving it
Occupation
Cabinet maker
Country flag
Never did find out. One or two people offered thoughts but they didn't correspond to when it appeared on my screen. Hasn't happened for weeks now. ??

Smuddell

First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Renault Megane E Tech Launch Edition
Country flag
Been looking at Nextbase dash cams. Had a dealer fitted one in my 'old' Toyota C-HR. Very good. Nextbase offer their own mobile fitting service. Just waiting to find out if they can deal with a Mach-E. The cost is surprisingly reasonable (Ā£69.00)
I got the Nextbase 422GW with a rear cam that attaches to the side of the main unit. My only complaint is the parking mode is too sensitive and triggers a protected recording file whenever closing a door/boot! But formatting the memory card every couple of weeks seems to clear it.
I used their fitting service, can't remember the name of the company they use now and obviously there will be different fitters in your part of the country but I found my fitter to be very efficient and knowledgeable and did a really good job! Also I can't remember the technical issue now but it needed an adaptor that wasn't included in the hard-wire kit, but luckily he had one on his van!

Tony.T

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota C-HR sadly gone, MME RWD ER now with us!
Occupation
retired
Country flag

I had that a couple of times using using Android Auto with my phone connected by USB. When the phone got fully charged the blue line appeared.

Tony.T

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
retired
Country flag
I got the Nextbase 422GW with a rear cam that attaches to the side of the main unit. My only complaint is the parking mode is too sensitive and triggers a protected recording file whenever closing a door/boot! But formatting the memory card every couple of weeks seems to clear it.
I used their fitting service, can't remember the name of the company they use now and obviously there will be different fitters in your part of the country but I found my fitter to be very efficient and knowledgeable and did a really good job! Also I can't remember the technical issue now but it needed an adaptor that wasn't included in the hard-wire kit, but luckily he had one on his van!

Thanks Steven!

Pomini

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
mm ( awaiting)
Country flag
Anyone know how to turn off the charge port indicator light. The manual says it Iā€™d in the vehicle settings but I canā€™t find it anywhere. I would like to turn it off at public chargers when I am away from the vehicle as the blue flashing lights are like a beacon for near do wells

Tony.T

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
retired
Country flag
Anyone know how to turn off the charge port indicator light. The manual says it Iā€™d in the vehicle settings but I canā€™t find it anywhere. I would like to turn it off at public chargers when I am away from the vehicle as the blue flashing lights are like a beacon for near do wells

Is it not in the 'lighting' folder? Sure I've seen it there.

SteveUk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mache with crap keys
Country flag
It's definitely in there in the settings in the car menus. I can't check now as I'm not in the car and have had some wine so don't want to go in it and check !

Tony.T

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
retired
Country flag
Quick update from a couple of days ago.

The screen weirdness keeps re-occuring at random. But a reboot (using steering wheel buttons) works a treat. Although initially the centre screen is desparately dull, then sfter a few seconds it flashes and become bright as my settings dictated.

Today it worked fine. The instrument panel has occasionally gone light rather than dark (how I prefer it) and I have to manually reset it.

But- as weird as it seems- this update seems to be learning as it's improving constantly. Today when I went out I didn't need to do a thing. Worked just fine (is this possible that it improves over time?) Another thing I've noticed this morning is the panel in front of me now has a rather cool background- still dark but with a subtle fading to the edges diamond pattern.

What's going to happen next I wonder? These cars are possessed I tell ya!

Coolcatshaft

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E SR RWD, Volvo XC90, Ducati Scrambler 1100
Country flag
I don't think you can turn off the blue flashing light as it charges. There is a setting in the menu but that's for the white LED that illuminates the charge port area so you can see where the plug goes in the dark. That light usually goes off by itself after a while. The blue circle light stays on to indicate the SOC.

Last edited:

Pomini

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
mm ( awaiting)
Country flag
Is it not in the 'lighting' folder? Sure I've seen it there.
Just been out to check not in lighting folder. Maybe itā€™s one of those things that is in the Manuel but they didnā€™t implement

grovep

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME extended range
Country flag
Could it be in the charge section? I think I have seen it ...somewhere

SashaLondon

First Name
Sasha
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME AWD SR
Country flag
best 4K
itā€™s in the access page (where you can open the boot).