grahame
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Black RWD ER and loving it
Occupation
Cabinet maker
Country flag
Good morning everyone - especially those with cars already mid-Atlantic. My good news is that the tracker has changed from In Production to Awaiting Shjpment so presumably my carbonised grey FE is on the quayside in Mexico waiting for the next ship. Just as an aside - and I am sure the Wonky guru will have covered it in previous posts - what is the relevance of the window sticker?
Awaiting shipment usually means that it has been gate released and is waiting to go onto a rail car to go to port. Once it leaves the factory compound in should change to in transit.
Sponsored

Wonky_Donkey

First Name
Tony R
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E RWD ER
Country flag
UK ORDER TRACKER IS OPEN FOR EDITING
[EDIT - IT'S BEEN SET BACK TO READ ONLY]

To help everyone update their data in the spreadsheet without having to email me (which I admit can be a faff) I have opened up the sheet to everyone for a short period of time so you can edit the data yourselves.

Link to Google Spreadsheet Order Tracker

It will be locked down again in a few days time, or sooner if we get anyone messing around with the sheet.

Last edited:

macchiaz-o

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
🔑 ]not/A/gr8'Place.2.store-mEyePassword[ 👀
Vehicles
MY21 J1 Premium RWD SR
Country flag
All true but that could also be a PDI check. Wrongly torqued tooling probably. Lifting the car will be a right pain. Worst than system updates.
Just good they are on this as Tesla had similar issues but in the field.
My car arrived at the dealer yesterday morning with On Stopship still in tact. So yes, I believe you are correct.

I am picking it up this afternoon to give them time for PDI activities, including checking suspension torquing and correcting if needed.

Wonky_Donkey

First Name
Tony R
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E RWD ER
Country flag
Good morning everyone - especially those with cars already mid-Atlantic. My good news is that the tracker has changed from In Production to Awaiting Shjpment so presumably my carbonised grey FE is on the quayside in Mexico waiting for the next ship. Just as an aside - and I am sure the Wonky guru will have covered it in previous posts - what is the relevance of the window sticker?
As @portlandg pointed out in his post earlier they are used during production to identify the vehicle (it has various barcodes for the VIN on it), but they are extensively used in the USA when the vehicle reaches the dealership.

A complete window sticker will show full Vehicle Specification, EPA efficiency ratings and will help the customer to make purchasing decisions when comparing vehicles on the dealership forecourt.

I've attached a full window sticker for a US Mach-E (someone posted this without redaction somewhere else on the forum so I'm presuming they are happy for data to be shared)

I've also attached my window sticker for a UK spec RWD ER - and note it contains errors. The right side is pretty much blank apart from a couple of barcodes as it doesn't show EPA fuel economy and mileage ratings (these are not valid for UK market.)

Hope you find this interesting.

USA Full window sticker:
Ford Mustang Mach-E UK Customers USA Windowsticker

UK Window sticker:
Ford Mustang Mach-E UK Customers Redacted UK windowsticker

Last edited:

SteveUk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mache with crap keys
Country flag
Small World.

Same here, not been in, but tend to do all comm’s by email.

Are you dealing with Lee? Does he update you or do you have to chase?
mostly emails but i had to chase him up this week to get things moving.

And I thought after a few emails it was time to have a friendly phone call. so far so good but I think I know a lot more than he does, he said the QC is a standard thing with new cars but yesterday we heard things about bolts being loose!

SteveUk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Thanks for that i’ve had similar.

Very poor experience in the early days considering I had ‘given’ him £50k worth of business without even speaking to anyone at the dealership!

Let’s hope he comes good in the end.
That's what's bugging me, £50k and ford are treating us like a cash cow. No discounts or zero finance, nearly zero communication. Zero customer service.

He says they get just a handling fee.

I have come close to cancelling and going back to a kuga but we are nearly there with the delivery!

davkd

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Iconic Silver ER RWD
Country flag
it’s an interesting point missed by Ford. For many of us this is not a normal car purchase. It’s a leap in to the new world.
Definitely! It's the most I have ever spent on a car (or ever intended spending) by a good £20K.

It's the concept, the looks and the 'badge' as a total package.

My wife thinks I'm totally bonkers spending nearly £50K on a car which I haven't even seen or driven!

Let's hope they get the teething problems sorted before we collect them, otherwise, she might get the 'men in white coats' to come and take me away.

SteveUk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Definitely! It's the most I have ever spent on a car (or ever intended spending) by a good £20K.

It's the concept, the looks and the 'badge' as a total package.

My wife thinks I'm totally bonkers spending nearly £50K on a car which I haven't even seen or driven!

Let's hope they get the teething problems sorted before we collect them, otherwise, she might get the 'men in white coats' to come and take me away.
And I recon the depreciation wont be as callous as a kuga is! Mine after 4 years and rounghly 70k miles was worth under £10k.

I was spending £5k+ a year on petrol so over a 4 year term probably cancels out the price difference between the mache and kuga. Very strong arguments plus when the politics allows it they will increase petrol car fuel and road tax using the excuse that they want us to move to electric.

I first looked at the hybrid kuga then realised I could get the base mache for a similar price, then upgraded to the ER version when I realised the basic mache wont do the long journeys I want without range anxiety.

makooy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E RWD SR Lucid Red TP+
Occupation
IT Consultant
Country flag
The main reason for this is because a) Grande Houston has been rescheduled to go to Southampton after Antwerp, b) her arrival time in Antwerp is now 22nd and not 15th as was originally planned. Because MSC IMMACOLATA is still scheduled to arrive on 22nd (same day ) the voyage code has changed to the GH. However, IMMACOLATA is running at about 3 days behind so won't get in to Antwerp until 25th ish. Next ship after this date leaves 3rd April. This is academic anyway. If we are to believe what I was told earlier this week then both ships will unload in Antwerp and then reload later in April.
On what information do you base the statement that the MSC Immacolata is arriving 3 days later then planned in Antwerp?

portlandg

First Name
grahame
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Black RWD ER and loving it
Occupation
Cabinet maker
Country flag
On what information do you base the statement that the MSC Immacolata is arriving 3 days later then planned in Antwerp?
I based my statement on the following FACTS. She was scheduled, according to Grimaldi's website, to arrive in Brunswick on 5 March after leaving Altamira. Given that the latest estimate from marinetraffic.com has her arriving at Brunswick today (8th) by my calculations that is 3 days late. So it follows that she will arrive late in Antwerp. I know it isn't an exact science. She could have her next stops cancelled, she could get a tail wind all the way up the east coast of the US and across the pond. She could turn turtle and all our cars go for a bath. All I am saying is that at the moment it is likely she is going to late in Antwerp.
Sponsored