Hotspur28

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Mustang Mach E
Country flag
Going back to the Ford Varipower charging cable in our discussion last week I asked Hannah if it was waterproof and suitable for outside use and she confirmed that it is. Just don't let the ends get wet!
She also confirmed the QC checks are ongoing and there is no current change to my estimated delivery of 13th May.
Sponsored

portlandg

First Name
grahame
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Black RWD ER and loving it
Occupation
Cabinet maker
Country flag
Those of you following the Gral San Martin saga, @makooy has managed to work out the UK shipment number to use on the Grimaldi site: S3-20058907

Here's my screen shot showing what looks like a clear vessel swap over to the Grande Halifax

1617726912873.png
Send it, if you haven't already, to Hannah so she can show it to her shipping department. I think it is them giving duff info.

Hotspur28

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Mustang Mach E
Country flag
Does a cable like this come with an IP rating?
If you mean the Ford one she did not say unfortunately. I will ask and try and have a look when I have the test drive and hopefully it will say on it as well ?

bazzac

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
RWD SR Infinite Blue
Country flag
Does this shipment number work for you? S3-20058907
Yes this works. Slightly confused by it all. But indicates Baltimore to Antwerp voyage number GFO0321S.
So don't know if this is gral San Martin via Nigeria or Grande Halifax.

portlandg

First Name
grahame
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Cabinet maker
Country flag
Yes this works. Slightly confused by it all. But indicates Baltimore to Antwerp voyage number GFO0321S.
So don't know if this is gral San Martin via Nigeria or Grande Halifax.
I think you will find that is the Grande Florida

Smuddell

First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Renault Megane E Tech Launch Edition
Country flag
no Mach-E on the Grande Florida according to my info. Only “Ford Transit Connect 2021” on that vessel
Hannah told me my Mach E is on the Grande Florida!

portlandg

First Name
grahame
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Cabinet maker
Country flag
The 3 letters that make up the load voyage number are as follows. I have also included the schedule dates of leaving Veracruz as of 10 minutes ago. As always dates/ships/voyages subject to change.
GFO - Grande Florida - already on her way
GHL - Grande Halifax - already on her way
MCR - MSC Cristiana - etd 7/4
GRM - Grande Mirafiori - etd 16/4
GBL - Grande Baltimora - etd 28/4
GHL - Grande Halifax (again) - etd 19/5

portlandg

First Name
grahame
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Cabinet maker
Country flag
And before anyone says it, the schedule is gone for a ball of chalk already. MSC CRISTIANA, according to marinetraffic.com is nowhere near Veracruz nor is she expected in the next 24 hours. So I have decided I am not going to get involved in trying to work out which, where, when, why any more.

SteveUk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mache with crap keys
Country flag
And before anyone says it, the schedule is gone for a ball of chalk already. MSC CRISTIANA, according to marinetraffic.com is nowhere near Veracruz nor is she expected in the next 24 hours. So I have decided I am not going to get involved in trying to work out which, where, when, why any more.
A sensible move, you've done enough for people as it is.

Hotspur28

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Mustang Mach E
Country flag
Thanks to @patdol on French site. Translation of article concerning the Mach E facility in Antwerp. This is the translation :

Pursuing the perfection of quality with the Mustang Mach-E

06-Apr 2021

COLOGNE, Germany - Did you know that there are currently around 3000 Mustang Mach-E models in Europe? As more and more electric vehicles cross the Atlantic, Ford leaves no stone unturned to ensure that each one meets the highest possible quality standards after the three-week boat trip from North America. The company has set up an inspection center at the port of Antwerp where vehicles are unloaded. And they all have to pass a rigorous 50-point check before they can be released for delivery. Lee Walker, Director of Quality, Ford Europe explained, “We treat customers like family, so with Mach-E we take a very proactive approach to make sure customers have no quality concerns. concerning their vehicles. “Based on lessons learned from the past, we established an inspection center on land owned by the shipping company at the port itself. We have installed 18 inspection ramps there where we can process up to 300 Mach-E models every day. The inspection center is staffed and managed by AKTRION partners. " As each Mach-E is inspected, an electronic report is generated using a tablet-based online inspection tool, which will immediately report any issues. This information is then shared with colleagues at Ford's Cuautitlan stamping and assembly plant in Mexico, where Mach-E is manufactured. “So far, the quality of vehicles arriving in Europe has been very good,” Walker added. “We can solve just about any problem at the inspection center. It's like a mini production line. " Ce Wölpern, Managing Director, Import Vehicles, Ford Europe, told @Ford: “In the future, we are looking to expand the capabilities of this facility to include a modification center where vehicles can be customized. If, for example, a customer wants to install a tow bar or add individual accessories, we can do it there. "

Iwantonenow

First Name
Lauren
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
mach e (currently have ioniq)
Occupation
teacher
Country flag
Thank you for sharing this. A really nice read.
A few thoughts:
3000 cars currently in Europe, they can get through 300 cars a day...well then we shouldn't be looking anywhere near a 10 week wait.
Final one, we that customers like family. Hmmm, family are always left to the back of the queue when it comes to business. Treat me like someone who is spending my hard earned money with you!
Sponsored