UK Customers

bazzac

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
RWD SR Infinite Blue
Country flag
Keygate:

Probably won't help but I've emailed both Georgia and Hannah asking this to be raised to whomever it needs to to have this addressed for all UK customers including retrospectively for those who have already received their cars.

I know it's not an issue for everyone but it's the principle and final slap in the face to the loyal and extremely patient UK customer base.

Perhaps if they get an influx of complaints about this it might carry more weight.

gcichuia@ford.com
[email protected]
Response from Hannah re Keygate saying that they are aware of the issue and have raised this to senior members of the company. Therefore, they cannot comment any further until they receive more information.

She went on to advise...

" The dealers are in charge of whether they order a different key fob for you. This is completely dependent on the dealers individually, as it is not a nationwide order from Ford."
Sponsored

SteveUk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mache with crap keys
Country flag
Not as yet ?

On an unrelated issue I had my first glitch today - the main centre touchscreen went black and died while driving.

Got home and it didn't even come back on even after turning car off and on again. Could see the backlight was active - but screen was black.

Did a Centre Screen Master Reset (hold the volume rocker in the down position and the right arrow key together for 10 seconds.) and it came back all ok.

So much for Antwerp QA unless this is an unresolved Sync4A bug that will be addressed at a later date.
thanks, much appreciated as it will be very helpful now knowing what to do if this happens. some people will no doubt find this very alarming if it happens mid journey.

mach-e-2021

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche 911, Mach-E AWD SR
Occupation
Telecoms Engineer
Country flag
Response from Hannah re Keygate saying that they are aware of the issue and have raised this to senior members of the company. Therefore, they cannot comment any further until they receive more information.

She went on to advise...

" The dealers are in charge of whether they order a different key fob for you. This is completely dependent on the dealers individually, as it is not a nationwide order from Ford."
And there is the biggest issue with this entire debacle, the play off between "Ford" and the "Dealers". As we ordered off ford.co.uk I believe they can not just push everything to the dealers to make decisions like this, very weak customer experience here.

portlandg

First Name
grahame
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Black RWD ER and loving it
Occupation
Cabinet maker
Country flag
Not as yet ?

On an unrelated issue I had my first glitch today - the main centre touchscreen went black and died while driving.

Got home and it didn't even come back on even after turning car off and on again. Could see the backlight was active - but screen was black.

Did a Centre Screen Master Reset (hold the volume rocker in the down position and the right arrow key together for 10 seconds.) and it came back all ok.

So much for Antwerp QA unless this is an unresolved Sync4A bug that will be addressed at a later date.
Ooppss. At least it was fairly easy to fix

Wonky_Donkey

First Name
Tony R
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E RWD ER
Country flag
I could have spent ages trying to figure that one out.
I always try and share any little nuggets of info I can. The worst thing would be if people end up taking it back to the dealer for something that can be so easily fixed.

I'm feeling a technical Wiki coming on LOL

Wonky_Donkey

First Name
Tony R
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E RWD ER
Country flag

She went on to advise...

My dealer has ordered Mustang keys for me - in fact he did it without me even asking, and before I'd taken delivery. No ETA on when they are due yet though.

Wonky_Donkey

First Name
Tony R
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E RWD ER
Country flag
Can you record an instruction video, I really couldn't do it when we had the test drive and my husband managed it about 40% of the times he tried...
Will do :)

I'll knock one up now and pop it on YouTube for you (link to follow)

Tony.T

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota C-HR sadly gone, MME RWD ER now with us!
Occupation
retired
Country flag
I always try and share any little nuggets of info I can. The worst thing would be if people end up taking it back to the dealer for something that can be so easily fixed.

I'm feeling a technical Wiki coming on LOL

A Technical Wiki would be VERY helpful, especially if it can be updated whenever a silly glitch happens!

BlackheathDiggs

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E RWD ER (Black)
Country flag
For those with vehicles in Flushing, the Celestine made the trip over to Dagenham last night, so worth checking in your F12 data/dealer Vista read-outs!

macchiaz-o

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
🔑 ]not/A/gr8'Place.2.store-mEyePassword[ 👀
Vehicles
MY21 J1 Premium RWD SR
Country flag
Oh there is 100% a knack to the Funk - and I'm pleased to say I have got it sussed now.

I tried all sorts of ways to do it, trying to let it drop, pushing down on the bonnet - all not recommended!

The trick is to close it almost all the way gently letting the pneumatic supports take the strain, then place both palms on the very front lip of the frunk where its is most solid, and gently push down. You hear it click when it locks and it's a very gentle action with no dropping or slamming required.
I do the slamming closed motion with my hand at the center of the lid lip, but just a normal (non-slamming) amount of force. Loud and perhaps unsettling, but works every time.
Sponsored