Tim03

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E - SR RWD - Rapid Red
Country flag
Oh there is 100% a knack to the Funk - and I'm pleased to say I have got it sussed now.

I tried all sorts of ways to do it, trying to let it drop, pushing down on the bonnet - all not recommended!

The trick is to close it almost all the way gently letting the pneumatic supports take the strain, then place both palms on the very front lip of the frunk where its is most solid, and gently push down. You hear it click when it locks and it's a very gentle action with no dropping or slamming required.
Do you do video tutorials ?
Sponsored

Smuddell

First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Renault Megane E Tech Launch Edition
Country flag
For those with vehicles in Flushing, the Celestine made the trip over to Dagenham last night, so worth checking in your F12 data/dealer Vista read-outs!
I really wish I was in Flushing (or Dagenham!), I've been keeping an eye on the Forenso as it arrived in Antwerp on 27th and I had tappsdate 28th but the boat is just sitting there! Well, it moved to another part of the dock yesterday then back to the same place!!! I'm keeping everything crossed for my weekly update from Hannah tomorrow!

Andeh

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1926 Chrysler 60, 1929 Austin 7, 1965 Ford Anglia
Country flag
Still no VIN, still being fobbed off by Hannah, still fed up. 3.5 weeks in to my '10 week' car which is supposedly already built yet still no one can actually give me a bloody VIN. Still, Hannah's refreshing the same page I do, so I'm assured she's doing all she can.

Tried to cancel my white order today but couldn't even do that! Apparently I need to talk to my dealer to cancel. ?

bazzac

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
RWD SR Infinite Blue
Country flag
And there is the biggest issue with this entire debacle, the play off between "Ford" and the "Dealers". As we ordered off ford.co.uk I believe they can not just push everything to the dealers to make decisions like this, very weak customer experience here.
Absolutely. No culpability at all by bouncing blame between Ford Online and Ford Dealers. Wouldn't it be appreciated if Ford just stood up and acknowledged what a failure this has been. It's their first foray into full online ordering and they've had problems. I get it, but it would just be nice if they admit and just be more open and transparent instead about the problems they've been encountering instead of this treatment and leaving it to us to try and guess what the hell is going on all the time. Poor, very poor. There just seems to be no desire by Ford at all to try and achieve any level of customer service. We have Hannah and that's it. Whilst I am appreciative of her efforts the concierge service generally consists of well intended but meaningless responses and niceties (not Hannah's fault at all). Why is it has to be this exasperating I have no idea.

mach-e-2021

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche 911, Mach-E AWD SR
Occupation
Telecoms Engineer
Country flag
Absolutely. No culpability at all by bouncing blame between Ford Online and Ford Dealers. Wouldn't it be appreciated if Ford just stood up and acknowledged what a failure this has been. It's their first foray into full online ordering and they've had problems. I get it, but it would just be nice if they admit and just be more open and transparent instead about the problems they've been encountering instead of this treatment and leaving it to us to try and guess what the hell is going on all the time. Poor, very poor. There just seems to be no desire by Ford at all to try and achieve any level of customer service. We have Hannah and that's it. Whilst I am appreciative of her efforts the concierge service generally consists of well intended but meaningless responses and niceties (not Hannah's fault at all). Why is it has to be this exasperating I have no idea.
Well said. I personally have a devision to make now. I finally after nearly 4 months got my dealer to give me an invoice showing deposit paid that was accepted by Energy Saving Trust for my £250 scottish grant on the charger. Do I now spend the £380 it will cost me including all grants to get the charger installed...... an ipace cones with a free charger but the car is £20k+ more......

yorkieboy

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW i3, Volvo XC90, Alfa 156
Country flag
Still no VIN, still being fobbed off by Hannah, still fed up. 3.5 weeks in to my '10 week' car which is supposedly already built yet still no one can actually give me a bloody VIN. Still, Hannah's refreshing the same page I do, so I'm assured she's doing all she can.

Tried to cancel my white order today but couldn't even do that! Apparently I need to talk to my dealer to cancel. ?
Have you tried cancelling through your order page on the Ford Website? This is what I did and it was straightforward. Deposit credited back in 2 days.

Andeh

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1926 Chrysler 60, 1929 Austin 7, 1965 Ford Anglia
Country flag
Have you tried cancelling through your order page on the Ford Website? This is what I did and it was straightforward. Deposit credited back in 2 days.
Yep, got an error screen telling me to call my dealer. I have done now, but he's never cancelled one either! Leaving it in his hands anyway...

markpilky

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang mache on order
Country flag
On an unrelated issue I had my first glitch today - the main centre touchscreen went black and died while driving.

Got home and it didn't even come back on even after turning car off and on again. Could see the backlight was active - but screen was black.

Did a Centre Screen Master Reset (hold the volume rocker in the down position and the right arrow key together for 10 seconds.) and it came back all ok.
out of interest, how long did the reset take? could It be done on the side of the road, ie when it plugged in?

Dudd

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Renault Zoe & Pre-ordered Mach E
Country flag
Not as yet ?

On an unrelated issue I had my first glitch today - the main centre touchscreen went black and died while driving.

Got home and it didn't even come back on even after turning car off and on again. Could see the backlight was active - but screen was black.

Did a Centre Screen Master Reset (hold the volume rocker in the down position and the right arrow key together for 10 seconds.) and it came back all ok.

This is probably an unresolved Sync4A bug that will be addressed at a later date.
If it makes you feel any better our top end new Renault Zoe had a brain fart yesterday while 100 miles away from home and refused to charge at any charge point. We had to reboot the whole car to clear it. The process appeared to be lock car, wait at least 6 minutes for all components to go to sleep with no cable connected, no activity of any kind. When we turned it back on it decided to charge just fine and we were only an hour late collecting my mother-in-law from the airport….

what I’m really saying is that based on my Renault experience a screen reset sounds fairly mundane!!!!At one point I ditched the Zoe at our dealer with 2%battery And a persistent error where it was refusing to charge.
I’m hoping the Mustang experience is at least a little better…

Wonky_Donkey

First Name
Tony R
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E RWD ER
Country flag
out of interest, how long did the reset take? could It be done on the side of the road, ie when it plugged in?
The reset takes 10 seconds (ie the time you have to hold the buttons down) the system takes maybe a further 5-10 seconds to be fully caught up and responsive again. So in total I’d say 20 seconds max to reboot it.

Tony.T

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota C-HR sadly gone, MME RWD ER now with us!
Occupation
retired
Country flag
Just for a change, and as a stress reliever re deliveries and shipping, take a look at this video. Absolutely nothing to do with Mustangs or EV's, but total petrolhead heaven! You think your Mach E is expensive? Well watch this.
This is a you-tube video from the King of reviews. I assure you it's worth watching. Oh, and don't even think of watching it on your phone or Tablet. This demands at least a smart TV or google chromecasted to a TV with a good sound system. And trust me- the sound will make your hair stand on end!

I give you the Mercedes Mclaren SLR modded by Mclaren Special Operations for the 2020's as tested by Harry Metcalfe...

Last edited:

Coolcatshaft

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E SR RWD, Volvo XC90, Ducati Scrambler 1100
Country flag
Yep, got an error screen telling me to call my dealer. I have done now, but he's never cancelled one either! Leaving it in his hands anyway...
So in my previous experience with a cancellation I was told my Hannah's predecessor Rebecca that the order can be cancelled online via the Ford website AFTER 90 days. Up until then the dealer has to action the cancellation via the "EMP" system, whatever that is. I sent an email to the dealer requesting this and CC'd Rebecca and it was sorted within a week.

Smoothbond

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E AWD
Country flag
@Wonky_Donkey @portlandg hope you had a swell first weekend with your cars. I've now done 250 miles. still cant stop smiling. quick question, either of you experienced an issue with the fordpass app where the location being reported for your car is completely inaccurate? and how would I refresh that? ive tried quitting the app, logging out and back in. still no luck. it's on my driveway but it's currently reporting its a few towns away. Cheers

Manu

First Name
Emanuel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Subaru Forester
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
Hi all.
Question for those who have now the Mach-E at home. How long takes from arriving at Antwerp until your dealer received the car and then delivered it to you? Thanks.
Sponsored