First Name
Tony R
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E RWD ER
Country flag
Part 3:

@David-HC - these were the rest of your queries...

Pano Roof alignment (front):

Ford Mustang Mach-E UK Customers IMG_6058
Ford Mustang Mach-E UK Customers IMG_6056

Pano Roof alignment (rear):

Ford Mustang Mach-E UK Customers IMG_6092

OP
OP
SJ_Okay

SJ_Okay

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
ā€˜23 GTPE
Country flag
So bit of a pic mega post coming up here so I'll break it down into chunks

First off @SJ_Okay

The front tow hook cover - the tow hooks are used during shipping to secure the car to the boat. Quite often the load/unloaders just shove them back. I hadn't paid much attention to mine, but on closer inspection the front one looked fine, but the back one was all over the place. I popped it out and re-seated it properly and it lines up like a dream. I imagine any misaligned flaps like these are just due to not being put back right after shipping.

Photos below....

BEFORE ADJUSTMENT:

GIVING IT A POKE TO OPEN IT:

AFTER PROPER RE-INSERTION:

FRONT ONE:

Thanks so much for doing this dude ??
Knowing it is a tow hook cover makes me feel better. Was worried it had a 12v issue fixed in Ant. Dealership should hopefully flush it up. Thanks again!

Tony.T

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota C-HR sadly gone, MME RWD ER now with us!
Occupation
retired
Country flag
Part 2:

@David-HC - these were your queries...

Front trunk alignment:
This is mine...

IMG_6088.jpeg
IMG_6090.jpeg

Rear boot hatch moulding:
On mine they both look tight to the bodywork - no issue with possible snagging.
IMG_6096.jpeg
IMG_6095.jpeg

@David-HC, @Wonky_Donkey

Regards David's panel fit, I think the problem isn't so much Frunk lid alignment but front wing alignment- especially the NS wing. I assume the wings are bolt on? If so the mounting bolts need to be slackened and the wing eased outwards. There's always 'wiggle room' built in. But don't try this yourself as I gurantee that a silicon or mastic type sealant will have been used.

Throw it back to the dealer as that fit is not acceptable. Wonkey's looks pretty well perfect to me. Is there any evidence that the car has been 'leaned' on during transit? Just thinking out loud as it were...

David-HC

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME RR ER RWD ?
Country flag
Part 2:

@David-HC - these were your queries...

Front trunk alignment:
This is mine...

Rear boot hatch moulding:
On mine they both look tight to the bodywork - no issue with possible snagging.
Hi @Wonky_Donkey

Thanks so much for the pics here - really helpful ?

That looks exactly like I would expect mine to be - so definitely something to raise with the dealer tomorrow ?

Out of interest, do you know when you car was built?

Kind regards
David

Wonky_Donkey

First Name
Tony R
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E RWD ER
Country flag
Hi @Wonky_Donkey

Thanks so much for the pics here - really helpful ?

That looks exactly like I would expect mine to be - so definitely something to raise with the dealer tomorrow ?

Out of interest, do you know when you car was built?

Kind regards
David
Glad to have been able to help - sorry it means you need to speak to your dealer.

Mine was built December 9th 2020

David-HC

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME RR ER RWD ?
Country flag
Part 3:

@David-HC - these were the rest of your queries...

Pano Roof alignment (front):

IMG_6058.jpeg
IMG_6056.jpeg

Pano Roof alignment (rear):

IMG_6092.jpeg
Hi again @Wonky_Donkey

Thanks for the further pics ?

Many apologies, the issue with the pano roof on my car is more between left-hand side and right-hand side ....... sorry, I'm not sure my pics were very clear ?

Broadly the gap/channel running the length of the left/near side is significantly less than that on the right/offside. I tweaked the pics a bit to hopefully make it clearer ? (how do you align them side by side?)

Left/nearside

Ford Mustang Mach-E UK Customers MME Rear Left Roof v2

Right/offside
Ford Mustang Mach-E UK Customers MME Rear Right Roof v2x

Please don't worry about further pics (it's a bit dark now ?), but would be helpful to know how your car compares, if you are able to.

Thanks also for the date of build - much the same as mine ....... although perhaps mine was a Friday ?

I don't expect there is any adjustment possible with this, and the main concern is potential wind noise (as @SteveUk mentioned), but I guess they could insert an additional rubber strip to mitigate this? ?

Your help is much appreciated
David

PS: hope you are really enjoying the car!

David-HC

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME RR ER RWD ?
Country flag
@David-HC, @Wonky_Donkey

Regards David's panel fit, I think the problem isn't so much Frunk lid alignment but front wing alignment- especially the NS wing. I assume the wings are bolt on? If so the mounting bolts need to be slackened and the wing eased outwards. There's always 'wiggle room' built in. But don't try this yourself as I gurantee that a silicon or mastic type sealant will have been used.

Throw it back to the dealer as that fit is not acceptable. Wonkey's looks pretty well perfect to me. Is there any evidence that the car has been 'leaned' on during transit? Just thinking out loud as it were...
Hi again @Tony.T

That is really interesting - and looking again at my pic the wing does look a little lower at the front end i.e. as if pushed. I'll look closer tomorrow afternoon when I see the dealer.

There were no obvious signs of being leaned on, although Ford did deliver to the wrong branch of my dealership, so they had to arrange another transport.

I'll let you know how it goes ?

Thanks again ?
David

OP
OP
SJ_Okay

SJ_Okay

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
ā€˜23 GTPE
Country flag
@David-HC did you get a look at your odometer? Mine is 44 milesā€¦ a bit high for my liking ? I think Grahame had a similar number.

Wonky_Donkey

First Name
Tony R
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E RWD ER
Country flag
Hi again @Wonky_Donkey

Thanks for the further pics ?

Many apologies, the issue with the pano roof on my car is more between left-hand side and right-hand side ....... sorry, I'm not sure my pics were very clear ?

Broadly the gap/channel running the length of the left/near side is significantly less than that on the right/offside. I tweaked the pics a bit to hopefully make it clearer ? (how do you align them side by side?)

Left/nearside

Right/offside

Please don't worry about further pics (it's a bit dark now ?), but would be helpful to know how your car compares, if you are able to.

Thanks also for the date of build - much the same as mine ....... although perhaps mine was a Friday ?

I don't expect there is any adjustment possible with this, and the main concern is potential wind noise (as @SteveUk mentioned), but I guess they could insert an additional rubber strip to mitigate this? ?

Your help is much appreciated
David

PS: hope you are really enjoying the car!
Ah whoops - I did do an all round photo shoot - but the unpublished shots are not quite from the correct angle to see the left / right roof alignment gaps - I'll do some for you in the daylight :)

In regards to pano roof wind noise - I'll be honest I do have some even with what looks like a relatively well aligned roof. Weirdly though some days I notice it from about 30mph +, but other days I don't notice it until 50mph +. It's similar to the noise a side gust makes on a windy day, so more of a whooshing noise than a whistle. I'm in the process of ordering some different sized foam rods to see if that helps reduce the noise at higher speeds. It's one of those noises that is difficult to describe. It might be normal - it might not be, but it's not so bad that you'd get upset about.

As I've hinted at before my #1 issue is with my main centre screen which keeps blanking out on sunny days. It causes my whole SYNC4 system to reset and defaults me back to "Active" mode (my car normally lives in "Whisper"). So essentially the system resets and the screen dies, the remedy is another hard reset via the steering wheel controls. Only takes 10 seconds to reset, but in the recent spate of warm weather I'm having to reboot my screen every time I get in the car after it's been left in the sun for more than an hour. My last comments on here were picked up on by Ford and they are looking into a fix for me. I don't believe it's a widespread issue as none of the others who have UK cars have reported it. It's just lucky old me :) There is a thread regarding this in the main forum as a few of our US friends have reported the same issue.

portlandg

First Name
grahame
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Black RWD ER and loving it
Occupation
Cabinet maker
Country flag
Good news that your car is with the dealer @David-HC!

Ive not had a chance to inspect mine but I did notice from the dealers photos that the access port to jumpstart to 12v isnā€™t sitting flush with the rest of the body workā€¦ Iā€™m wondering if you, or perhaps @Wonky_Donkey @portlandg or @Smoothbond have noticed something similar? If not, Iā€™m hoping it just needs a firm push back in.

Mine's fine

David-HC

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME RR ER RWD ?
Country flag
@David-HC did you get a look at your odometer? Mine is 44 milesā€¦ a bit high for my liking ? I think Grahame had a similar number.
Hi @SJ_Okay

Unfortunately not, although I had also hoped to check this - they opened the car but didn't leave me the key ?

I will have a further look later this afternoon when I go in to sign-off all the paperwork etc. (subject to being happy with everything ....... or accepting not everything is 100% - which seems an odd position to be in when purchasing a Ā£50K car ?)

I agree, 44 miles does sound a lot, even allowing for all the to-ing and fro-ing in Antwerp etc.

I'll let you know what I find!

Cheers
David

BlackheathDiggs

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E RWD ER (Black)
Country flag
Hi @SJ_Okay

Unfortunately not, although I had also hoped to check this - they opened the car but didn't leave me the key ?

I will have a further look later this afternoon when I go in to sign-off all the paperwork etc. (subject to being happy with everything ....... or accepting not everything is 100% - which seems an odd position to be in when purchasing a Ā£50K car ?)

I agree, 44 miles does sound a lot, even allowing for all the to-ing and fro-ing in Antwerp etc.

I'll let you know what I find!

Cheers
David
Good luck with it all! Let us know if they say anything about an ETA for the eCall software update, which looks like it might be being applied in Antwerp now - so hopefully not too long before they can package that up in a way that dealers can use!
Sponsored