David-HC

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME RR ER RWD ?
Country flag
Ah whoops - I did do an all round photo shoot - but the unpublished shots are not quite from the correct angle to see the left / right roof alignment gaps - I'll do some for you in the daylight :)

In regards to pano roof wind noise - I'll be honest I do have some even with what looks like a relatively well aligned roof. Weirdly though some days I notice it from about 30mph +, but other days I don't notice it until 50mph +. It's similar to the noise a side gust makes on a windy day, so more of a whooshing noise than a whistle. I'm in the process of ordering some different sized foam rods to see if that helps reduce the noise at higher speeds. It's one of those noises that is difficult to describe. It might be normal - it might not be, but it's not so bad that you'd get upset about.

As I've hinted at before my #1 issue is with my main centre screen which keeps blanking out on sunny days. It causes my whole SYNC4 system to reset and defaults me back to "Active" mode (my car normally lives in "Whisper"). So essentially the system resets and the screen dies, the remedy is another hard reset via the steering wheel controls. Only takes 10 seconds to reset, but in the recent spate of warm weather I'm having to reboot my screen every time I get in the car after it's been left in the sun for more than an hour. My last comments on here were picked up on by Ford and they are looking into a fix for me. I don't believe it's a widespread issue as none of the others who have UK cars have reported it. It's just lucky old me :) There is a thread regarding this in the main forum as a few of our US friends have reported the same issue.
Good morning @Wonky_Donkey

That is really kind - sorry to put you to so much trouble ? It will be really helpful to compare the "gaps" on your car ?

Thanks for your thoughts and experience re: the wind noise, and will be interesting to see what effect the foam rods may have. I must admit I have almost accepted that there is little that can be done with the roof alignment gaps, other than the type of approach you are looking at.

I noticed your earlier post re: the screen, which does sound slightly worrying - and defintely frustrating. Is it extra sunny where you live ?

But it's good Ford have at least picked up on this for you - hopefully they may find some sort of solution ?

Thanks again,
David
Sponsored

Dudd

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Renault Zoe & Pre-ordered Mach E
Country flag
@David-HC did you get a look at your odometer? Mine is 44 milesā€¦ a bit high for my liking ? I think Grahame had a similar number.
My car is at my dealer and showing 25 miles right now. Built end Nov.

44 sounds a bit high, but would not be high enough to put me off beyond inspiring some extra sarcasm upon collection ;)

OP
OP
SJ_Okay

SJ_Okay

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
AWD ER Mach-E
Occupation
Film and Music Producer
Country flag
or accepting not everything is 100% - which seems an odd position to be in when purchasing a Ā£50K car ?
Right!? You shouldnā€™t be in this position at all and Iā€™m crossing everything for you, hoping that all else is good. I donā€™t know what I would do in your situation to be honestā€¦ itā€™s been such a long waitā€¦ do you suck it up and accept it as ā€œwithin specā€ or do you reject and wait for a replacement? Tough one. At least it sounds like the hood can easily be aligned and the roof is not really visible, so from an aesthetical standpoint you should be goodā€¦ and if there is wind noise, sounds like foam rolls could fix that tooā€¦ but yes, itā€™s far from ideal on a car with a luxury brand price tag. Hope it works out for you dude, Iā€™m sure it will ????

Tony.T

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota C-HR sadly gone, MME RWD ER now with us!
Occupation
retired
Country flag
My car is at my dealer and showing 25 miles right now. Built end Nov.

44 sounds a bit high, but would not be high enough to put me off beyond inspiring some extra sarcasm upon collection ;)
@Dudd , Our dealer phoned me this morning (as he does every Monday morning- bless him! ) . He mentioned they have one customer car, registered, awaiting it's fix. I assume that's yours?

Must be very frustrating for you. Hope it's ready soon!

As for mine it's arrived at Veracruz and starting the long wait...

Dudd

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Renault Zoe & Pre-ordered Mach E
Country flag
@Dudd , Our dealer phoned me this morning (as he does every Monday morning- bless him! ) . He mentioned they have one customer car, registered, awaiting it's fix. I assume that's yours?

Must be very frustrating for you. Hope it's ready soon!

As for mine it's arrived at Veracruz and starting the long wait...
Yep, itā€™s mine. They let me have occasional visitation rights. :) Looks awesome!

Nick Nick

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E RWD SR
Country flag
Found this ER AWD on autotrader. Called them up, paid the deposit, filling out paper work this afternoonā€¦ if the rumour on the street about eCall fix being done by 16th is correct, then Iā€™ll be driving this bad boy home next weekend. Happy Days! ??

If anyone wants to pick up my original Black, AWD ER order, let me know and Iā€™ll pass you onto my dealership in London. Itā€™s left Antwerp and cleared customs, so latest arrival is 6th July, but likely earlier

https://www.autotrader.co.uk/car-details/202106103687622?advertising-location=at_cars&postcode=EN4 8QE&model=MUSTANG MACH-E&page=1&radius=1501&make=FORD&include-delivery-option=on&sort=relevance&modal=photos

EDIT: Forgot to say, the reason I did this instead of waiting for my original order which is really only an extra week or two wait, is that this puts me down as a new order with 2.9% financing instead of the original 4.9% we were lumped with for being early adoptersā€¦ I beat the system. Lol. Anyone who took my or any other cancelled order, would also be eligibleā€¦ so worth shopping around if you fancy the monthly savings.
Gah FORD!

So if someone cancels and gets a new car they get the lower rate AND then the next person that buys the original car also gets the lower rate ...

SO why don't they just apply the lower rate!

Dealers and manufacturers should be happy that vehicles are being bought in this climate and given there's margin in the product why apply such a hefty margin in the finance as well?

The Rav4 has 0% (though severely overpriced in the UK so I would never buy one)
in Australia the equivalent is approx Ā£20k - not bloody Ā£31k!

So yes - If I'm going to buy a car in the UK it needs to be something Australia doesn't get - so I don't get mad at getting ripped off - and It needs to have a good finance deal

The Mustang Mach E fits the bill with 2.9% - just need to check the boot size!

*Rant over*

BlackheathDiggs

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E RWD ER (Black)
Country flag
The Field Service actions list on my ETIS page appears to have updated, with the eCall sales/demonstrator hold changing to 'eCall software updated required'. Maybe that means we're closer to the update being released to delears....we can but hope! Anyone else seeing the same change? Any OTA update appearing yet for current Mach E owners?

Ford Mustang Mach-E UK Customers 1623664123203

Last edited:

David-HC

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME RR ER RWD ?
Country flag
Right!? You shouldnā€™t be in this position at all and Iā€™m crossing everything for you, hoping that all else is good. I donā€™t know what I would do in your situation to be honestā€¦ itā€™s been such a long waitā€¦ do you suck it up and accept it as ā€œwithin specā€ or do you reject and wait for a replacement? Tough one. At least it sounds like the hood can easily be aligned and the roof is not really visible, so from an aesthetical standpoint you should be goodā€¦ and if there is wind noise, sounds like foam rolls could fix that tooā€¦ but yes, itā€™s far from ideal on a car with a luxury brand price tag. Hope it works out for you dude, Iā€™m sure it will ????
Hi @SJ_Okay

Yes, you're right .... it's been such a long wait, the Ford charger has been installed (although there's a problem with it!), I sold my car a couple of weeks ago, the wait for a replacement .......

Hopefully, as you say, if things can be "fixed" I'll go with it ??

Thanks for your support - and hope yours is 100% when you actually get to see it ?

Cheers
David

Alex_whietehad

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E AWD ER
Country flag
Just had this update from Hannah. Seems like the e call fix is being applied in Antwerp (as we thought) The car was on the Grande New Jersey so I guess anyone else on that boat should expect similar a schedule re delivery etc

C421A272-64E7-433B-B532-58DBEA111F3B.jpeg

averyp2

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Curently M135i, soon to be Mach E
Country flag
I cant see whether it got mentioned earlier in the discussions but I had confirmation the 2.9% is only applicable to the extended range (else I would have cancelled my standard range). I had confirmation the 4.9% would still be applied to my Jan order - i did not expect anything else from Ford!

David-HC

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME RR ER RWD ?
Country flag
The Field Service actions list on my ETIS page appears to have updated, with the eCall sales/demonstrator hold changing to 'eCall software updated required'. Maybe that means we're closer to the update being released to delears....we can but hope! Anyone else seeing the same change? Anything OTA update appearing yet for current Mach E owners?

Ford Mustang Mach-E UK Customers C421A272-64E7-433B-B532-58DBEA111F3B
Hi @BlackheathDiggs

I have the same update on my ETIS page today - hopefully the fix will be here in a couple of days ?

JStepha

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME AWD ER
Country flag
The Field Service actions list on my ETIS page appears to have updated, with the eCall sales/demonstrator hold changing to 'eCall software updated required'. Maybe that means we're closer to the update being released to delears....we can but hope! Anyone else seeing the same change? Any OTA update appearing yet for current Mach E owners?

Ford Mustang Mach-E UK Customers C421A272-64E7-433B-B532-58DBEA111F3B
Changed for me too. Hopefully this means the fix is ready.

Coolcatshaft

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E SR RWD, Volvo XC90, Ducati Scrambler 1100
Country flag
Heard back from Hannah regarding the eCall fix as I queried the fact that it has been out in Antwerp for Aktrion who carry out the QPDI there. This was her response..

Ford Mustang Mach-E UK Customers Screenshot_20210614-111507

Seems entirely reasonable that it would take a little longer to package it in a way that dealers can deliver considering it's a brand new model etc.

Here's hoping for some happy handovers later this week!

OP
OP
SJ_Okay

SJ_Okay

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
AWD ER Mach-E
Occupation
Film and Music Producer
Country flag
Gah FORD!

So if someone cancels and gets a new car they get the lower rate AND then the next person that buys the original car also gets the lower rate ...

SO why don't they just apply the lower rate!

Dealers and manufacturers should be happy that vehicles are being bought in this climate and given there's margin in the product why apply such a hefty margin in the finance as well?

The Rav4 has 0% (though severely overpriced in the UK so I would never buy one)
in Australia the equivalent is approx Ā£20k - not bloody Ā£31k!

So yes - If I'm going to buy a car in the UK it needs to be something Australia doesn't get - so I don't get mad at getting ripped off - and It needs to have a good finance deal

The Mustang Mach E fits the bill with 2.9% - just need to check the boot size!

*Rant over*
Absolutely valid and justified rant mate. Iā€™m lucky enough to be be able to have done this, but the mind boggles as to why I had to in the first placeā€¦ anyone else who ordered early and faced lengthy delays canā€™t get 2.9% unless theyā€™re lucky enough to hunt out a cancelled order as I did. It works out to around Ā£40 a month for me, which is a noticeable amount!

I will say however, that this does paint the dealership model in a good lightā€¦ I ended up getting the car earlier and paying less for it monthlyā€¦ if Ford are trying to go the route of Tesla, they should take note, as this wouldnā€™t be possible without a dealership. I do feel for them in this entire process.

mach-e-2021

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche 911, Mach-E AWD SR
Occupation
Telecoms Engineer
Country flag
My car is pushed out another 2 weeks to mid July........ At that point my significant buffer on current lease will be gone and I will be scrabbling to buy and in-stock car form somewhere. Car has currently been in Antwerp 2.5 months!
Sponsored