davkd

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Iconic Silver ER RWD
Country flag
Went to see my car today. They're redoing the finance through the dealer now. Such a piss take. They've also said I can't have the car yet because they're waiting for 2 charger cables? Not sure why they're waiting for 2 more since there was already 1 in there. Are we meant to have 3?
I told him I'm happy to take the car without the cables and then come collect them afterwards since I just desperately need the car right now! He's going to check if that's possible. Anyone else having a problem with cables?
My car has the type 2 cable missing but I took it and said I would go back for it.

Must say though, listening to some dealer reports on here, mine has been an absolute diamond!
Sponsored

themagicrobot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Mustang V8, Bond Equipe, Opel Monza, NSU Quickly, BSA Bantam
Country flag
Regarding the 12v battery voltage situation I reported yesterday, when I entered the car this morning the screen loaded as normal with no warning message. I plugged in my voltage display thingy into the socket beneath the armrest (had never looked in there before!) and got a reading of 14.70 volts when the motor was running. This dropped to 12.30 volts when I switched the motor off and down to 12.00 volts when I opened the door and the two screens closed down. Perhaps @ portlandg could confirm similar readings?

Looking through the manual it seems the big battery is indeed meant to top up the 12v battery when the car is parked and switched off. I wonder what voltage the 12v battery needs to drop to that triggers the warning message and why they didn't set things so the re-charging carried out behind the scenes first preventing warning messages bothering the owners.

My Ctek battery charger/conditioner comes with a set of leads that can be permanently connected to the battery. With that in place it only takes a second to add plug to socket on the end of the leads. I plan to do that for the V8 over winter to save having to keep moving the battery cover and fixings. I may well do the same for the MME. Then it would only take a moment to open the frunk and plug in to charge the 12v battery (it it may well take me a day to dismantle stuff to reach the battery to connect the leads in the first place!). Perhaps if I go to that trouble I'd never actually need to charge the battery but I'm a belt and braces guy.

Tony.T

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota C-HR sadly gone, MME RWD ER now with us!
Occupation
retired
Country flag
Regarding the 12v battery voltage situation I reported yesterday, when I entered the car this morning the screen loaded as normal with no warning message. I plugged in my voltage display thingy into the socket beneath the armrest (had never looked in there before!) and got a reading of 14.70 volts when the motor was running. This dropped to 12.30 volts when I switched the motor off and down to 12.00 volts when I opened the door and the two screens closed down. Perhaps @ portlandg could confirm similar readings?

Looking through the manual it seems the big battery is indeed meant to top up the 12v battery when the car is parked and switched off. I wonder what voltage the 12v battery needs to drop to that triggers the warning message and why they didn't set things so the re-charging carried out behind the scenes first preventing warning messages bothering the owners.

My Ctek battery charger/conditioner comes with a set of leads that can be permanently connected to the battery. With that in place it only takes a second to add plug to socket on the end of the leads. I plan to do that for the V8 over winter to save having to keep moving the battery cover and fixings. I may well do the same for the MME. Then it would only take a moment to open the frunk and plug in to charge the 12v battery (it it may well take me a day to dismantle stuff to reach the battery to connect the leads in the first place!). Perhaps if I go to that trouble I'd never actually need to charge the battery but I'm a belt and braces guy.
When I get mine (sept 4th eta) I intend to do the same ref charging.

btw, a fully charged '12V' lead acid battery is 13v. A 20% charged one is around 11.6v. If yours is 12v without any load then it needs charging or replacing.

Last edited:

Smuddell

First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Renault Megane E Tech Launch Edition
Country flag

At the end of the day though, a 12v battery shouldn't need to keep being charged like that! I won't be able to when I eventually get mine because it will be parked on the street overnight!

Smuddell

First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Renault Megane E Tech Launch Edition
Country flag
For anyone else on here in the same position as me (if I believe what I'm told (I don't!), waiting in Antwerp for a boat to Flushing to arrive there by the end of this week) - I see the FORENSO has now returned from it's trip to Germany, and is sitting on the Antwerp dock next to the TOSSA (which for some reason hasn't moved since arriving there 1st June - if Ford has a backlog in Antwerp why didn't they use the TOSSA?!?!). Anyway, hoping I see some tapps changes over the next couple of days, then to see FORENSO on it's old route to Flushing! At least watching the boats is a bit more interesting than watching paint dry while I wait for my Mach E!

macchiaz-o

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
🔑 ]not/A/gr8'Place.2.store-mEyePassword[ 👀
Vehicles
MY21 J1 Premium RWD SR
Country flag
Then it would only take a moment to open the frunk and plug in to charge the 12v battery
Be aware that the Mustang Mach-E uses an AGM lead acid battery, not the more common flooded lead acid type. Your trickle charger should have a setting for AGM batteries. If it doesn't, you'll want to get a new trickle charger for this.

Also, I think you'll want to attach your leads at the points indicated by the + and - embossed into the "beauty cover". These are not on the battery terminals. One of the battery terminals has a voltage monitor attached and should not be interfered with.

mach-e-2021

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche 911, Mach-E AWD SR
Occupation
Telecoms Engineer
Country flag
If an Electric car can not keep its accessory battery charged there is something fundamentally wrong IMO.
I have a 911 which I do put a CTECH on during winter but it doesn't need it in summer even if left for 3 weeks or so..... and its a fragile sports car. If the brand new mach e gets a flat battery it will be a call to ford for me for them to come fix.

bazzac

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
RWD SR Infinite Blue
Country flag
My car has the type 2 cable missing but I took it and said I would go back for it.

Must say though, listening to some dealer reports on here, mine has been an absolute diamond!
So just to check if I ever get to collect my car , there should be 2 cables that come with it: 1 X type 2 and 1 X granny? Thank you

Tony.T

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota C-HR sadly gone, MME RWD ER now with us!
Occupation
retired
Country flag
So just to check if I ever get to collect my car , there should be 2 cables that come with it: 1 X type 2 and 1 X granny? Thank you
Yes there should be 2 cables. Especially useful if like me, you have an untethered charger!

Coolcatshaft

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E SR RWD, Volvo XC90, Ducati Scrambler 1100
Country flag
Did anyone manage to "send" a profile from the Fordpass app? As @Wonky_Donkey said it won't go through. I can set one up in the car but then can't upload a photo to it!

SteveUk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mache with crap keys
Country flag
Hilariously I’ve just had a flurry of emails in the last few minutes from the Mach-E online ordering system.

Apparently my car has just arrived at the dealership and I can book my slot for pickup, Pickup has been confirmed for midnight last night, and finally Ford hopes I’m enjoying being behind the wheel of my new Mustang. I feel like I’ve been on a time travellers journey!

I’m just remembering the tongue in cheek conversations we had all those months ago when we were trying to track the cars and said it will have been sitting on the driveway a month before you get the email saying it’s arrived. Well we got it spot on! 26 days after delivery ?

Oh and my B&O headphones arrived today too… (they tried to deliver on Saturday but I was out!)

4AD8ABC8-B528-42CD-8DFE-D18E8F93AB7A.jpeg

1F7DB36C-57CD-4DA7-A4E5-EDD81AC47FDC.jpeg
Wireless headphones with a big wire!

Wonky_Donkey

First Name
Tony R
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E RWD ER
Country flag
Did anyone manage to "send" a profile from the Fordpass app? As @Wonky_Donkey said it won't go through. I can set one up in the car but then can't upload a photo to it!
I think Grahame managed to get one to go eventually.

Mine has just been permanently stuck on an error about having to add my VIN to FordPass - which duh - of course I have otherwise FordPass wouldn’t work!

Ford Mustang Mach-E UK Customers 8DBA32ED-EA25-4A42-8575-FEED8212330D

Pomini

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
mm ( awaiting)
Country flag
Quick update on Isle of Skye road trip. Done 800 miles since Thursday afternoon on all sort of road conditions. The car is fabulous. Only issues carplay a bit fiddly and doesn’t always work though that just may be me. The Ford navigation system doesn’t allow you to choose chargers earlier or later in a trip than the ones they suggest. The biggest issue is the poor turning circle compared to my kuga. If anyone knows the answer to the navigation charger issue. I would be grateful. I have attached a picture of me charging in the middle of nowhere. I know i have given 3 niggles but the car is still the best i have driven

41239497-DC0A-4A8C-829B-D6500A52E273.jpeg

Coolcatshaft

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E SR RWD, Volvo XC90, Ducati Scrambler 1100
Country flag
I think Grahame managed to get one to go eventually.

Mine has just been permanently stuck on an error about having to add my VIN to FordPass - which duh - of course I have otherwise FordPass wouldn’t work!

Ford Mustang Mach-E UK Customers 41239497-DC0A-4A8C-829B-D6500A52E273
Hmm odd. Mine actually let's me send it. Says sent. But nothing shows up in the car. I can create one in the car but it won't let me upload a photo. Says photo must be a contact photo in the list. So I create a contact for my wife on my phone with a photo, make sure I can see the contact photo on the car screen, then create a profile for the same name as contact but still comes up with the same contact photo message...