MikeC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-e EXT AWD
Occupation
Retired Engineer
Country flag
I’ve used Ionity about 4 times now and they are always working… so you should be good!

So wait, are you working on the show or are you taking part in the show?? That’s a great show. The missus and I often get tempted to chuck it all in and “escape”!
I’ve used Ionity at Gretna Green services a couple of times and it is brilliant. With the Ford Pass it is 30p/kWh, 69p if paying by credit card. Thank goodness for the Ford Pass.

Not in the show, but you never know we might appear in the background. The working day I believe they do feed us and they give you jobs that best suit your skill set. For the future, we might book a food lovers weekend….now than sounds really nice ?
Sponsored

portlandg

First Name
grahame
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Black RWD ER and loving it
Occupation
Cabinet maker
Country flag
Yes, this is an issue. The car will only precondition when unplugged, or when plugged in and charging. It won't precondition when plugged in and not charging.

To get around this, I set my charger to turn on at 6:50 for ten minutes so the car will precondition in that window. Or, if I know I have sufficient charge, I don't plug it in.
You must have an issue or you haven't set up the car or your charge point correctly.

I have set my car to charge between 0100 and 0400 and set my departure times as 0645. I use the supplied variopower charger plugged into a commando socket at home and all works fine.
I have a podpoint charger at work and plug my car in to precondition for departure at 1630 without charging. Works fine also. There is a setting in the FordPass app/vehicle/departure time where you can set it to allow start (conditioning) when unplugged. If it is off then it won't precondition when unplugged. This works ok on my car as well.

Andeh

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1926 Chrysler 60, 1929 Austin 7, 1965 Ford Anglia
Country flag
You must have an issue or you haven't set up the car or your charge point correctly.

I have set my car to charge between 0100 and 0400 and set my departure times as 0645. I use the supplied variopower charger plugged into a commando socket at home and all works fine.
I have a podpoint charger at work and plug my car in to precondition for departure at 1630 without charging. Works fine also. There is a setting in the FordPass app/vehicle/departure time where you can set it to allow start (conditioning) when unplugged. If it is off then it won't precondition when unplugged. This works ok on my car as well.
I should elaborate, I believe it's because I'm also using target charge rates. If the car won't meet the target charge prior to the departure time, it will sit waiting for power rather than preconditioning. If I don't use target charge rates, it will precondition while plugged in but not charging as you describe. This is also why it preconditions fine while unplugged (assuming that setting is turned on, as you say).

It's an issue easily worked around, and is pretty unique to my current situation whereby I don't have a proper home charger due to neighbour issues.

David-HC

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME RR ER RWD ?
Country flag
Sorry to hear this. It’s pretty bad form, isn’t it?
I wonder what’s causing it? Possibly the weight of the cars?
Hi @SJ_Okay and @Tr1cky49

Sorry to hear about this ?

Apologies if I have missed an earlier post/thread, but what are the symptoms and cause of this please?

I am at about 4,500 miles so is it something I should check ?

My car is waiting to be scheduled for its pano roof & software update, plus checking the (rear) brakes issue - do I need to add this to the list as well ?

PS: in case you haven't seen this - this is how to remove the windscreen

https://www.macheforum.com/site/threads/video-of-windshield-removal.13466/

Many thanks
David

Tr1cky49

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME AWD ER
Country flag

Apologies if I have missed an earlier post/thread, but what are the symptoms and cause of this please?

My car is waiting to be scheduled for its pano roof & software update, plus checking the (rear) brakes issue - do I need to add this to the list as well ?

Many thanks
David
You get a knocking/clunking noise when turning at full lock. I have to do a hard right turn out of my road every morning and it always does it there. Here's the thread with people reporting it - post #11 has some audio clips attached which give you an idea. Some people report that they get it only when turning left, some only right and some both ways. It also gets progressively worse over time, so that it starts happening at lower steering angles than just full lock, apparently.

Consensus seems to be that it's the axle shaft that's failing.

SashaLondon

First Name
Sasha
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME AWD SR
Country flag
Finally got a recall letter. Will wait for appointment and will get software updated.

coolshades

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jaguar XF -> Mach E AWD ER, Rapid Red
Country flag

Does the car draw shore power at 645 even when your charger is set to only 1-4?

Wonky_Donkey

First Name
Tony R
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E RWD ER
Country flag

Many thanks
David
From what I've seen this only affects the AWD models - I've been monitoring this one and haven't seen anyone with an RWD car that has had the issue (yet) :)

OP
OP
SJ_Okay

SJ_Okay

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘23 GTPE
Country flag

Many thanks
David
Just need a new set of front drive shafts… not sure why. Safe to drive, just created a clunking sound on the right hand side wheel when doing a full lock turn at slow speeds. It’s effected a few cars here and some more in the states. Hopefully you’ll be alright. ??

OP
OP
SJ_Okay

SJ_Okay

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘23 GTPE
Country flag
I should elaborate, I believe it's because I'm also using target charge rates. If the car won't meet the target charge prior to the departure time, it will sit waiting for power rather than preconditioning. If I don't use target charge rates, it will precondition while plugged in but not charging as you describe. This is also why it preconditions fine while unplugged (assuming that setting is turned on, as you say).

It's an issue easily worked around, and is pretty unique to my current situation whereby I don't have a proper home charger due to neighbour issues.
I set my charge window from midnight to midnight, so it is essentially set to charge when plugged in as if there is no schedule, but it is tricked into thinking it is scheduled and as such will precondition when you want. Then all I do is set a target charge when I get home and departure times for pre-conditioning as and when needed.

Sammiec

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach e AWD SR
Country flag
Has anyone managed to get an order update since Hannah left? I have tried the email address she passed on a couple of times and no response.
thanks

portlandg

First Name
grahame
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Black RWD ER and loving it
Occupation
Cabinet maker
Country flag
Has anyone managed to get an order update since Hannah left? I have tried the email address she passed on a couple of times and no response.
thanks
Have you tried your dealer?