UK Customers

SteveUk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mache with crap keys
Country flag
While researching before I knew what the MME came with I looked at various wall boxes and they all seemed to come out, after the £350 grant, about the £500 mark. Once I found out that the MME came with a commando adapter I was sold. £32 for socket, electrics included in rebuild of my stable so quite a saving. No brainer really
A good choice in my opinion as I believe the wall box is does 48amps so not much difference.

Mercury8

First Name
Calum
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E SR AWD
Country flag
Up here in Scotland we get a further £300 grant towards a qualifying charger so Pod-Point would come in at around £259. Thanks Nicola! ?
Hopefully, the grant is not going to be removed any time soon!?
Will be handy for me as unfortunately I don’t have a ‘stable’ for my Mustang and it’ll just have to be tied up outside.

SteveUk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
based on the other thread where it says there are 20k USA pre-orders and 20k EU..... Is I preordered late October I suspect I'm at the back end of a queue of 40k!

if they manage to build 1500 per week, I'm about 6 months away to build date and then another 2 months to ship?

are my estimates flawed or are they good approximations?

portlandg

First Name
grahame
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Black RWD ER and loving it
Occupation
Cabinet maker
Country flag
based on the other thread where it says there are 20k USA pre-orders and 20k EU..... Is I preordered late October I suspect I'm at the back end of a queue of 40k!

if they manage to build 1500 per week, I'm about 6 months away to build date and then another 2 months to ship?

are my estimates flawed or are they good approximations?
The latest info I have had is that the 'early 2021' delivery date was for early pre orders. The 'spring 2021' date was for later pre orders. However, we do not know how many pre orders they have had, what date they cut off from early to later. I pre ordered 29 Feb so I am hoping I am one of the 'early' ones. It also depends on how may cancellations they have had and how many actually go ahead and confirm their order. We have been told that the pre order number we got was randomly generated so I would not pay to much attention to that. It has been suggested that orders will scheduled by order date. Reports on this forum are suggesting that production is running between 20 - 26 vehicles per hour. 2 shifts a day @ say 8 hours =320 - 416 per day. 5 day weeks = 1600 - 2080 per week. I estimate that there are 60 ish Ford stores who can sell the car and if each has an average of 20 customers that 1200 cars, 1 weeks production. Now it is my belief that they will schedule a set week(s) for our production, seeing as we are the only RHD country at the moment, so we could both, theoretically, get our cars about the same time. The problem is that we just don't know numbers/timescales etc. When we confirm our order and get a build date we should be then able to speculate on a delivery date.

SteveUk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
The latest info I have had is that the 'early 2021' delivery date was for early pre orders. The 'spring 2021' date was for later pre orders. However, we do not know how many pre orders they have had, what date they cut off from early to later. I pre ordered 29 Feb so I am hoping I am one of the 'early' ones. It also depends on how may cancellations they have had and how many actually go ahead and confirm their order. We have been told that the pre order number we got was randomly generated so I would not pay to much attention to that. It has been suggested that orders will scheduled by order date. Reports on this forum are suggesting that production is running between 20 - 26 vehicles per hour. 2 shifts a day @ say 8 hours =320 - 416 per day. 5 day weeks = 1600 - 2080 per week. I estimate that there are 60 ish Ford stores who can sell the car and if each has an average of 20 customers that 1200 cars, 1 weeks production. Now it is my belief that they will schedule a set week(s) for our production, seeing as we are the only RHD country at the moment, so we could both, theoretically, get our cars about the same time. The problem is that we just don't know numbers/timescales etc. When we confirm our order and get a build date we should be then able to speculate on a delivery date.
I'm seeing US customers getting build dates into Feb so perhaps UK builds will be scheduled to be built in March - I don't think they could put it off any longer than that as some people will by then have waited a year or more.

It's not just the stores selling - I pre ordered on line so maybe there's a significant extra lot of orders waiting from that channel.

Until next month when they invite confirmations, they wont know how many will be confirmed and how may cancelled- so that could build run could take 2 weeks or longer. Then there's the potential 2 month shipping time!

It would make sense as you suggest to do all the UK ones at the same time due to the hassle of switching between RHD and LHD which might indeed mean I end up in the first run.

Ideally the early pre-orders will be shipped out in the first week or 2 and mine would be one of that last to ship - it's only fair on those who have waited ages.

portlandg

First Name
grahame
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Black RWD ER and loving it
Occupation
Cabinet maker
Country flag
I'm seeing US customers getting build dates into Feb so perhaps UK builds will be scheduled to be built in March - I don't think they could put it off any longer than that as some people will by then have waited a year or more.

It's not just the stores selling - I pre ordered on line so maybe there's a significant extra lot of orders waiting from that channel.

Until next month when they invite confirmations, they wont know how many will be confirmed and how may cancelled- so that could build run could take 2 weeks or longer. Then there's the potential 2 month shipping time!

It would make sense as you suggest to do all the UK ones at the same time due to the hassle of switching between RHD and LHD which might indeed mean I end up in the first run.

Ideally the early pre-orders will be shipped out in the first week or 2 and mine would be one of that last to ship - it's only fair on those who have waited ages.
I would HOPE that the first build of UK cars is BEFORE March as that would give an April/May delivery which is NOT early 2021.

The stores are NOT selling the car. You can ONLY order online but you have to nominate a store as it is them that your deposit goes to and not Ford and it is them you will eventually get the car from. If you went to a store to order they would have to do it online rather than via their usual ordering process. My nominated dealer told me he had 12 customers (in Aug) which is why I said an average of 20 per

Patches

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang 2.3L Ecoboost. MME FE RR AWD ER
Occupation
Procurement Consultant
Country flag

I ordered a FE on the 18/11/2019 so now been waiting over a year! The last update I had from Ford by email was 22nd May, nothing since. I phoned recently and was told to email any questions, which I did over a week ago and still not had a reply (they supposed to reply within 3 days). I know Covid must be having an impact but this is seriously ignoring their customers, especially those that ordered on launch day!

Wonky_Donkey

First Name
Tony R
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E RWD ER
Country flag
I would HOPE that the first build of UK cars is BEFORE March as that would give an April/May delivery which is NOT early 2021.

The stores are NOT selling the car. You can ONLY order online but you have to nominate a store as it is them that your deposit goes to and not Ford and it is them you will eventually get the car from. If you went to a store to order they would have to do it online rather than via their usual ordering process. My nominated dealer told me he had 12 customers (in Aug) which is why I said an average of 20 per
Last time I spoke to my dealership their pre-order numbers had swelled to over 30+ but the key point is how many actually become firm orders.

With the UK EV market finally starting to blossom I think lots of people are speculatively putting down pre-orders on different vehicles while they make up their mind on which one to choose.

Who knows - we have to make sooo many assumptions in a rapidly changing world right now - corporate plans change on a weekly basis.

Only time will tell.

My reservation 1st birthday is coming up soon as well ?

Iwantonenow

First Name
Lauren
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
mach e (currently have ioniq)
Occupation
teacher
Country flag
We are also still absolutely hanging on for ours. We only put in our pre order in August so think it's going to be a long wait. Would love them to play with the pricing like they did in the USA as the AWD is out of our budget at the moment :(

SteveUk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I have found the insurance groups on the thatcham site

88e bhp 290 37e
68s bhp 266 33e
68s bhp 266 37e
88e bhp 345 40e

FE 40e

I could do with someone going to the site to check I havent mistyped any of this.

SteveUk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I assume the ones with the same battery size (first column) but lower bhp are the awd versions

SteveUk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Comparethemarket are showing quotes from a very small number of companies if you want an idea of costs.

The Lv site aren't and they have a section dedicated to EV insurance but dont list the mache yet.

Wonky_Donkey

First Name
Tony R
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E RWD ER
Country flag
I have found the insurance groups on the thatcham site

I could do with someone going to the site to check I havent mistyped any of this.

I think you have this spot on - and well done on finding it first ! ?

So in layman's speak its:

RWD Standard Range (68kWh) - Group 33E
RWD Extended Range (88kWh) - Group 37E

AWD Standard Range (68kWh) - Group 37E
AWD Extended Range (88kWh) - Group 40E

AWD First Edition (88kWh) - Group 40E
Sponsored